Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, July 7, 2014

DD 8.55 ... When do we want to start?? ... On Monday!!! ...

Was the Filipino food like the stuff Aunt Ossie makes? or different? 
It was a little different, but a lot of the same style ... it was way good just like Aunt Ossie's ... where is she from again? What part of the Philippines?

Where do you play Bingo?
The stake center in Nakaurawa.

Do you have family history classes during church?
Nope.

Did you get your front tire fixed? Any more problems with your trusty steed?
Meh ... not quite yet, I think that I might fix it today ... then again, maybe not.

How is the weather? Typhoon season still going on? getting better or worse?
Typhoon season is coming!!!!! We're supposed to get one on Thursday; a big one!!

My shoes ... nice and dendo worn!!
How are your shoes? still holey? haven't seen any pictures of them!
I thought I did, but I'll send some more.

In the picture of you reaching your arms to the ceiling, - what is the round thing hanging from the ceiling? clothes drying rack? closet? A piece of medieval exercise equipment that you hang your clothes on?
That is a clothes rack ... highly convenient ... and wind proof thanks to it being Made in Japan ...

Do you do your ab workout every day? any running going on?
Not everyday ... only sometimes ... I'm really really fat right now.

Do you miss mowing the lawn?  Because there will be lawn for you to mow when you return! Do you pick up cherries (apples) for service in Japan?
Not yet ... I'd probably eat all the cherries.

Have you ever heard of an Sansing Choro? ...Abi briefly knew him from high school and he is currently serving in Tokyo.
He is in Narita right now!! WHOOO, small world!!

What foods made up your breakfast you sent us a picture of?? Specifically the runny looking stuff in the cup?
Calpis, egg, bread, and NATO ... (misspelled correctly natto) ... fermented soybeans ...

Murcia!!!
Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade
Cake, or mush; Still delicious!!
Did you do anything to celebrate the Fourth of July?
We had an America themed music night with Sloppy-Joes and cake ... Well I made the cake, and it turned into ... I'm not really sure, it was way good though!! I followed the recipe ... it called for tofu, and no eggs ... mix that with a Japanese oven, that talks BTW, and I had no idea what I was doing.

Have you worn your new tie yet? The one that we sent you in your package?
Of course ... I wore it the next day, do you not know me?

This week was pretty good. We got transfer calls this morning!!!  I'm staying here and my new companion is Yoshino Choro ... he's Nagano ... Watanabe Choro is going to Adachi, and Nelson Shimai is going to Joetsu. Everything else will remain the same here!! Its going to be a lot of fun!!

This week we just saw a couple miracles. A man that we met a couple weeks ago came to church this week unexpectedly ... he said that the missionaries invited him to come to church and so he came? ... turns out it us who invited him; we were way psyched!!

So that happened ... not much else happened this week ... it's hard to write, so I'm gonna send some pictures too!!

Quintuple stuffed Oreo!!!Mmmm!!!!!!
Father,  I'm glad to hear that the sprinkling system is behaving now!! Love the home teachers for sure. Sorry that the girls are picking on you guys ... if it helps, I don't really post that much on FB. I don't really have any investigator friends right now, so it's hard to be productive ...

Mother ... my letter last week was more for humorous reading rather than a plea for more letters. I hope that you are doing well. It's good to hear that you are playing Mario cart with the grandkids ... that is always fun to hear! Thanks for the news about grandma.

Sam ... Happy Italy!!! I hope your trip is doing well!! Have fun ... take lots of pictures!!
... pretty much my whole life ...
Gale Storm ... sorry about the fish ... I do enjoy some good sushi, but I have no idea how to make it ... sooo I'm all for not buying it when I get home ... plus I'll really miss American food by the time that I get home ... so we'll go for that.

So pretty much the only thing that I can think of happening this week is that I got a little sick ... and, well, I may have gotten a blessing form Rezentes Choro ... and pretty much it was just what I needed to hear, it was pretty awesome ... it was full of metaphors and analogies ... it was probably the coolest blessing that I've ever gotten ... well, I'm doing great now!!! This transfer is going to be way fun!!!!

Ima send some pictures now, so I'll let you guys go!!
Love, Elder Griffiths.

PS.  So I'd been putting off said blessing for a while now, and in it, God called me out on it and told me that I really did need it ... needless to say it was pretty great!
8427 7712

No comments:

Post a Comment