Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, September 29, 2014

DD 10.66 ... this week was fun ... because I like bears ...

You sent us a picture of you in a leather jacket. did you buy the jacket? or just borrowing it?
Found it in my apartment.

Why was temple T-Day this week instead of last week?
Today we went to the temple!!

Can you run yet? Leg bothering you at all??
I'm still taking it easy, but it's better!!

Any changes to your district this transfer?
Miyaki Shimai and Savage Shimai ... See picture below.
Back:  Savage Shimai, Warren Shimai, Griffiths Choro, Phillips Choro, Sabat Choro,
Chun Choro, Turley Choro; Front:  Miyaki Shimai, Wharton Shimai, Winegar Choro
Is there any kite flying going on at the parks in your area?
I haven't seen any ...

Do you wash all the produce before you eat it?? like grapes??
I do ... others don't ...

Did you hear about the volcano erupting? Could you hear or see or smell it when it erupted??
Heard about it. Didn't feel it or get affected by it at all though ...

So, how is the language coming for you? Do you still study it? How well does your companion speak?
He's ma ma, really good, transfer six, but he's ma ma. I wouldn't say that I'm good, but a lot of others do. People always ask me how many years I've stayed in Japan and are mind blown when I say only one ... Sooo yeah.

Who do you hear from on a regular basis? Have your heard from Ben?
Ben occasionally, this week yeah. Some other missionaries and some other peeps I've picked up along he way!

Is the new movie "Meet the Mormons" talked about at all in Japan? Here we are all encouraged to go and see it. 
Seen some stuff on FB, but I have heard nothing.

Does the vacuum belong to your apartment? or do you share?
Apartment

Did the sisters get to watch the General Women's Meeting??
I don't think so.

Do you want more Christmas pictures? Did we send you any with you, Sam and Abi at temple square seeing the lights?
I'm good, me with the lights might be good in SLC if there are some.

How are your investigators doing? Any new ones? Old ones still hanging in there?
Meh, we want three baptisms this transfer, and I think that we can do it, it'll just take some work. Which we decided we are going to put in yesterday!

Need anything we should send in the next package?
Mmmmm ... fudge was really good ... like amazing good ... and it travels quite well!!

Hey, stay away from spewing lava and volcanic ash. Let us know if you need anything when we send your package.

Father... Sorry that you had such a rough week. That sounds no good. Sorry. I actually had a random memory come up today in the temple. Do you remember when we went through the temple together my first time. I just want to say thank you for being so amazing and such a good example to me through out all the years. I really do look, up to you and mom so much!!

Mom I'm so glad to hear that we are finally getting cement!! I'll miss parking on the dirt when I get back, but it'll be a nice change. The house has changed so much since I left ... did you do it in purpose cuz you knew I would break all the nice things? Thanks for Grandma's eMail!! It's awesome!! That's such a cool miracle!!

Spencer!! Congrats on being blessed this week!! Someone give him a soft fist bump for me OK?

Axton!! Happy late birthday, sorry that I'm late by two days, I hope that it was great! When I get back we'll go and eat a whole bucket of ice cream in honor of you!! Sounds like a plan right?

Smashed, thanks for the missionary moment! You get her baptized!! Also, I like the way you've trained mom ... just don't undo the training that I did to get her to make me food ... it took a long time .. your life sounds so interesting ... I don't even know what to think ...

Storm ... you failed ... ?!?!? ... Congrats!!! Now you can improve and never do it again! Isn't that so cool! I'm so proud of you for learning so much so fast!! 

I did not feel the volcano, I'm totally fine ... But if I do end up jumping over lava in my mission, that would be way sweet!! Like Robin Hood and little John, jumpin fences, dodging trees, tryin to get away ... sounds kinda fun ... especially if I'm on my bike. Sounds pretty epic to me!!

This week was fun, we ate out a lot, and because our church is so far by train I was a little tight on money ... and by tight I mean I'm uncomfortable ... I have like two hundred left over total ... but still ... a little tight. Yeah, I like having money.
This transfer was fun, this coming transfer should be good, Miyaki Shimai and Savage Shimai are leavin. And a Nihongo and another Shimai are coming in. They seem pretty great, but I don't really know either of them yet, so who knows. I'm sad that my district is breaking up, I feel like we were really unified this transfer and did some amazing things!!

A girl named Sister J got baptized and confirmed this week! She's so great!! Anyways, she's way solid, comes to church and all sorts of activities and what not.

That's pretty much the week. I'm very tired, we woke up really early this morning to go to the temple ... so yeah ...

This week was interesting ... we met with some cool people and found like three new contacts that we're going to meet with this week, it was fun. Sabat Choro and I had a talk and he really wants to improve on a lot of things, and I do to, so we're going to go to work this transfer. We're going to see baptisms. This week I've been trying to think more about others and how I can better serve them. I decided that what it really comes down to always thinking about what Christ would do in any situation. He is our example, not only the way to get to heaven, but in everything. Obviously he wasn't in every situation that we're in, but we should know enough about his characteristics and what he acts like to guess what he would do in any situation, and then do our best to follow it. 
Because I like Bears ...
I love you all and am so grateful for all that you do for me!!
Love, Griffiths Choro
9780 8261

No comments:

Post a Comment