Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, July 28, 2014

DD 9.35 ... ang pangalan ko po ay si Griffiths ... #tagalog ...

Do you have an abundance of flies in Japan?? We are willing to ship some over if you don't.
One, it's a thousand times more humid here than there; two, we have more than you I promise ...

How about mosquitoes?
Like I just said, more humid ...

Are you allowed to put pictures on Facebook of people in their baptismal clothes? We thought you could not, maybe we are wrong!
Well every missionary I know has been doing it for a while now, so I would guess it's okay ...

Do you have wifi now?
We're at the seven eleven ... again

Do the new missionaries coming in now have to buy their own iPads?
Pretty much I have no idea what they do ...

How are you and the bike doing? Any problems?
I still have a hole in my tire, but it's really small, like it'll last for three days before I need to put more air in, so I don't want to patch it, cuz it'll be hard ... or I could buy a new tube ... Ghetto life.

How did Chinese night 3.0 go??
Our Chinese friend couldn't make it :-(

How was the baptism? Enough water in the font and everything?
It was good, his legs floated up twice, but the third time was perfect!

How is the weather there? rain?
It's hot. 37C (98.6F) yesterday!

How is your district doing? How is being a district leader going?
It's good, it's fun, it's hard, it's stressful. But I'm growing as a person. Yeah!

Are there any special YSA branches or activities in Japan?
Activities, yes. But no branches ...

Have you eaten at any members houses lately?
Not recently.

Any problems with nuts?
Nope, don't have pecans in Nihon.

Does the humidity make your hair curly? Januari said the humidity in California was crazy on her hair!
Just a little bit ...

Any requests for the package?
Deodorant ... if at all possible ... and no ring pops, it took me way too long to finish last time ... I started at eight, and threw some away at ten thirty when I had to go to bed.

Father ... every time you talk of Clyde ... you make him sound so old ... it's scary. But I'm sure that he's doing well!  Thanks for helping TeJay out with his yard! I'm sure that he really appreciated it!! I would have gone ... but I'm all the way around the world ... almost died when I saw that picture though. Thanks for making my day! :)

Mother ... thanks for the comment on my hair, it cost ten bucks!! I'm glad that you all enjoyed the twenty fourth, it was Peterson Shimai's birthday, so we attacked their mail box with some stuff and the other Shimai pied her in the face ... that's all we did. Last week was crazy with Brother A's baptism, so it was a little rough ...

Jandee!! Loved the pictures of he kids! They're so adorable!!! Thanks for the pictures!! Happy Happy Birthday BTW!

Smasher ... your email crushed me. Mitsu's English is poor in writing, I missed
pirate summer, and all you can eat doughnuts!! I'm crying on the inside!! It sounds like you are having a good time ... and the sign in Italy makes me wonder about that whole country!! I have no idea ... 

Six pack ... I typed in abs, but my iPad corrected it to that. So you let a bird poop in my car!?!?!?!?! I disapprove of this ... other than that, it sounds like you had a crazy week!!!! Hiking and driving and getting pooped on ... busy, busy, busy.
Yoshini Choro, Griffiths Choro, Brother A, Watanabe Choro, Hawkes Choro
So this week Brother A got baptized ... have I mentioned that he's from the Philippines ... and they speak Tagalog ... I don't know why I tried to learn Japanese ... it was really great!! The pictures are on Facebook, but pretty much he's a punk, I love him to death, and he wants to come and dendo with us this week sometime ... should be fun!! Him and his leopard print backpack ... love it!! Yeah, that was pretty much all we did all week. We taught some other peeps, but mostly this week we focused on Brother A!! Pretty fun week! Now we just gotta hand him off to the ward!

This is the Tagalog baptismal prayer
... totally did it in Tagalog btw ...
Like a boss!!!
We also met with Brother F. He's 63 and has terminal cancer ... but is still way genki! He's awesome! He wants to get baptized, but has a ...  well two problems ... The alcohol thing, and keeping the sabbath day holy ... his favorite thing in the whole world is his softball league, that plays on Sunday ... right during church ... biggest pain ever, but still he's working with it and comes for as much as he can ... but still, it's hard to baptize someone who might pass up the sacrament for softball ... Rough life.

This week I don't know, not much really happened, but I did learn this. No matter how many times we mess up, God is willing to forgive us. But not only that, as our perfect example, we need to be willing to forgive others as many times as they mess up. It may be really hard sometimes, but in the grand scheme of things, does someone cutting us off in traffic, or not sending an email in time, or even someone we love doing something dumb that hurts us. Does it really matter in the end? We talked about the atonement this week in Sacrament Meeting, and it was all about how it doesn't just cover the sins and death, but everything and everyone. Christ knew everyone perfectly, so he could help us perfectly, he knows all that we've gone through, and all that we will from here on out, and knows what we need to do in order to over come it ... it brings me a sense of peace knowing that my friend can always help me out of the hole I've dug myself into because he's been there before ... it's nice to never be alone. It's nice to have the spirit there as my best friend. And in turn, having God there as well.. Alma 7:11 was the theme scripture this week!!

Well, don't have, much time, and I got some other peeps to write this week. I know, it's weird, a lot of people emailed me this week ... Random!
Griffiths Choro loves you all!!! (I know ... third person!)

We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid
8722 7818

No comments:

Post a Comment