Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, June 2, 2014

DD 7.75 ... bashed in heads, speeding trucks, but a perfectly intact bike ...

How did you know that you had a bacterial infection on your feet? Itchy, spots, etc. I am suspicious that Dad wants to know this information. I will be checking his feet out!
White Choro saw my feet one day and was like whoa, that's what I have! And then I could have killed him ...

How is your Eikaiwa class in Kawagoe going? Any new students?
Good. They are all older people, but they are all crazy funny; some are investigators, some are … but don't realize it yet, and some … well we just don't know their interest yet.

Tell us about transfers??? Please!!
I'm staying here with Watanabe Choro and I will be the District Leader. White Choro is leaving and Kuroiwa Choro’s trainer is coming back to work with him.

Mom is worried that you might get sick from eating fruit from Mexico, where is your fruit grown?? Silly Mom!
I have no idea, I've eaten bananas that one of the sisters in the ward smuggled back from the Philippines ...

How is your trusty steed doing? Is it serving you well? Does it have a name? What color is it??
Clyde? She's marvelous!! Of course!! Can't you read, she's perfectly intact. Tires are a bit low, but I’ll iterate some air in today!

How are the members in Kawagoe? Is there a family there that takes care of the missionaries? Or a favorite member that you like better than the others?
All of them. One of them. Sister M, is awesome, she always makes us dinner before Eikaiwa class.
The Fijimi Kawagoe Chapel
LDS.org says that you are in the Fijimi Kawagoe Ward. Do they have different missionaries assigned to the Fijimi area or is that within your boundaries?? How many sets of missionaries are in your ward?
We are Fuji Kawagoe Ward ... and there are eight missionaries here?

How big is the area you and your companion personally work in? Borders and boundaries are nice.
Meh, from Waco-shi to Kawago-shi it’s pretty small.

It seems from other blogs that other missionaries like to stop by the Tokyo tower for photo opportunities on temple day. Have you ever stopped? Picture? Or is it lame?
Never been.

Are you writing in your journal every night? How much?? You should include your experiences, people you meet, and other stuff you won't want to forget. Sam and Mom have a bet riding on this question!
I wrote every day until I became a DL, then I wrote on P-Day. Recently, when things were ruff, it was hard to write, so not as often as I should be doing. However, when I get back I wanna keep my blog going ... but maybe keep it as a journal ... I don't know how it'll work yet.

Dad. Thanks for the Thor Poem. It was amazing … it rocked my socks ... like it rocked me right off my feet; I'm back in my flip flops right now actually. Also thanks for the recap of presidents Lloyd's talk. It sounds way good! I've never really thought about how the church gives us specific ways that we can serve, but it seems way sweet!! I truly agree I with what he said, it gives us ways to improve that we wouldn't seek otherwise.

Mom ... I know about the truck ... it's so easy to speed in ... feels like you’re going fifty, and ya look down, and yer hittin’ seventy in the river bottoms ... way scary. Sorry that Clyde doesn't agree with you ... I think he just misses me ... that's probably it. This was in dad's letter, but I also look forward to the day when I can be part of the acting like a bear again ... Which thankfully is a log time away.

Sam... I got a stress fracture in my shin, and collapsed after that turkey trot ... I hopped on one foot to the car and prayed that y'all would hurry up and finish cuz I was just sitting there in pain. I couldn't put any pressure on it ... like at all. Maybe go to the doctors, but I would take it easier till you know what's going on. If it gets worse, then you get to do that way fun therapy that I got to do ... you know I loved every minute ... that I got to run, hated the other sixteen in that first week … run one minute, walk 16 minutes … run one minute, walk 16.

Storm. The big three ... I like it, I like it even more if they were candy bars!!! Love me some candy. Sorry that Logan is going to be sad to leave, that's how I felt and I was only there for nine months. I can't wait to get back there though, it's so great!! You can come visit me!! And well hit up tacos ... on any day, not just Taco Tuesday. It'll all be way chill.

So you could say this week was a bit rough. There was some contention within our apartment that sort of came to a head. It turns out that four elders living in an apartment together don’t always get along (I know, who knew? Good thing I had three sisters …) By Wednesday I knew the wheels were coming off … but frankly the contention didn’t really affect me--as a matter of fact my comp and I started to hit our stride working together-- then I get a call from the Zone Leaders on Saturday night; they asked for my perspective … Well, it turns out that Budge Kaichou had some pretty nice things to say about me, and while I’d like to say that my actions matched his compliments, I’m not totally sure I lived up to them. I wasn't as Christ like as I could have been … but having Budge Kaichou indicate he thought I was helping the situation so much more than I was, hurt a whole lot; so I hit my knees, regained the knowledge that we are all human beings, a scout is courteous, a scout is kind, a scout is friendly, a scout is patient … I guess we all need to realize it is easy to get caught up in the day to day events … I have prayed for forgiveness … it’s been a rough week, but I feel better today, lots to learn as I reflect on this past transfer--we can always be better right? So the moral of my long story is that life is hard and Satan likes to throw curve balls … it's hard to do what is right, even as a missionary … frankly when we take the easier path in the long run, it just feels sad. When we look around and see what we could have been doing, what we should have been doing, I feel awful ... It was a really hard thing to realize. Some of us are leaving on Thursday so we only have three days to make up for the last week ... yeah, gotta to try to fix that ... wish me luck.

On the brighter side of life, things are changing up here in Kawagoe, so it's like a fresh start, new people, new ideas, and new starts to help us all grown and learn for the mistakes that we made before. When it comes to the burned bridges of our previous encounters, it’s nice to remember the words of Holland Choro, let us look back to the embers, not the ashes, so that we can light the way of the future. I feel as though we should follow this advice with everything that we do in life. Whether it is moving from our friends, starting a new job, worrying over the loss of future opportunity, or spending more time with others … even when our past actions are not mistakes, if there was something damaged, there is something to be learned.

Thank you all for all me letters and everything, they really made my day.

Love, Griffiths Choro

Kuroiwa Choro
PS … the subject line, last night Kuroiwa Choro was riding on his bike through an intersection, saw a truck at the last second as it was running a red light; he smashed on his brakes; couldn't stop soon enough, smashed his head into the truck which going like fifty miles an hour. He went to the hospital, got some stitches, can't shower for a couple days ... but he's all good now.

I don't wanna brag or anything, but I can totally understand all of this video by Matz ... #LikeABoss
まつもとゆきひろ (Matsumoto "Matz" Yukihiro) believes in changing the world with a keyboard. Although he has written software used world-wide, he feels it is more important to be a good father and a good Christian. See more at:  www.mormon.org/matz
7763 7163

No comments:

Post a Comment