Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 23, 2015

DD 15.15 ... かくかくしかじか ... and yeah, I know how to say blah blah blah in Japanese ...

What is your companion's full name?
Spindler Choro
Spindler Choro, Griffiths Choro
Where is your new companion from?
Las Vegas!

What transfer is your companion and has he served in other areas, which ones?
He was in Urayasu for two transfers, and this is his fifth in Narita; so he's transfer seven!

How long has he been in Narita? How do you say Narita?
Five now.
Na as in naught
Ri as in ritz
Ta as in tall


How many missionaries are in your district and what are their names?
Six!! .., there used to be eight in the good ol days ...
Clark Choro, Morishita Choro, Murata Shimai, and Muraro Shimai from Brazil.

What is the nearest train station to your apartment?
Keiseinarita, but the Narita Eki on the JR line is right by that one. So it's close to a lot!

Is the Kozunomori Station the closest station to your church?
Yes!

Are you serving in the Narita Ward?
Yes!
Narita Chapel
Is the Narita Ward/Area more like the Chiba Ward/Area or the Togane Ward/Area? How so?
Around the Eki there are a lot of people, like China; but if you go farther away, is very countryside, like Togane.

Have you met Bishop Sugimoto yet? Is he the Bishop in your area?
Met him at church! Yeah, he's brand new too!

You know dad ... he wants some pictures from your balcony ... can you send him a few?
Of course! Challenge extended!! This time I'm gonna win!!!
Good luck pops ... Mwahahahahahahahahahah
What floor is your apt on? Do you have a washer and dryer?? futons? or bunkbeds??
Futons and a washer. Dad will tell you what floor I'm in after I send him more pictures next week cuz I'm gonna stump him so hard right now.

How did the transfer go? What was it 6 or 7 stations down the Narita line?
Like eight or nine stations, but we met up in Kichijoji for an Elder Nelson conference at like eight.

How did your suitcases with the broken wheel and your bike make the journey?
Yes ... All good!!

Food ... Eatin places ... which is your newest favorite place to chou down?
The apartment, cheap! and fast! and it turns out that I'm a boss cook ... who knew!

Is your companion the cook now; or do you do the cookin?
Me ... when he cooks we get less (a lot less) meat ... so I cook now.

Why didn't you just run to your new area? Sam would have been proud ...
I thought about it ...

Has the Easter Package arrived yet? Have you mastered the enclosed instructions? Were they helpful?
I did! I have now mastered them!! I'm now ready for anything!

Have you found a place that serves Lasagna or other Italian food?
Not that I have found in Narita.

How far are you from the airport ... is the noise from landings and takeoffs even noticeable?
Not really. We're not exactly close.

How do you distinguish between the two large bodies of water, both called Lake Inba-numa? Is there a bike path or a running path?
I haven't heard of them yet.

Does your new companion run?
Not really.

How far are you from the Church? Do you ride your bike to and from ... or take the train?
We bike, it's like fifteen minutes!

Why can't you use facebook for 12 weeks??
Well, it's an interesting story.

Do you ever take pictures with your camera or just use your Ipad for everything?
Mostly just my iPad, but sometimes my camera as well.

Father! It was pretty foggy this week. Narita is kinda by ... I actually have no idea, so I don't know why it wasn't to bad, but it wasn't too bad. It was still crazy cool though! We thought it was going to rain for like three days, but it never did! I still have my slightly light weight pair of shoes that I wear in good weather days, but thanks for the new pair! I'm excited to break them in and thoroughly destroy them as I have my old ones! Thanks for the candy and instructions btw, just what I needed this week!!

Mother! You'll be so proud of me, back in Abiko, my brake line snapped on my back brakes, and I thought about just using the front ones for a while since I go home soon, but then I was like, what would mom do? She would probably fix them ... so I spent the thirteen bucks to get the new line, but on the bright side, I have brakes that work really quite well, now.!!! That's so cool that the young women are excited to go serve at the Bishop's Storehouse; that's fantastic!

Sam!! This is an interesting development in your life ... I'll give you a dollar to fit three hamburgers in your mouth at one time! Ready go!!! Sounds like your week is going good. Underwater scooter ride sounds pretty legit, and the water slide through shark infested waters is always a win! Just hope the tubes don't break or you have an earthquake while you're in it ... that could be sketch!!

Abi!!!  Sounds like school is going good ... I'm dying to know what Sam's newest abs workout is like, I'm very confused by the picture ... and I didn't think that could possibly have been Porter! That's crazy!!! That's good to hear that Jaycee is still alive, I haven't heard anything about her in a while, and was beginning to worry. Missionary work is a lot of knockin on doors, tonight we're going to go visit two less actives! We're trying to get them back to church!!!

So the week!!!  Monday night, we met with P-San, and he's doing good. He promised me that he would read and pray about the Book of Mormon before we met up sometime, he's going to New Jersey in August, maybe June, whenever his poor wife gets her visa.
Cream Filled Mellon Pan with Cookie Dough

Tuesday! We met with O-San, I put on Facebook that I was moving on Wednesday and he called us Tuesday morning and was like, yo guys, let's meet up before you leave! And we were ... like of course!!! Whoo!!!!! He's back on track, and he is going to meet with Shumway Choro and Dicastri Choro and their kouhai, so he should be getting baptized pretty soon, and I'm so excited for it!!! I hope that I will be able to go back for it.
S-San gave Dicastri Choro and me some Ramen Bowls
because we ate it so much!!  Its so cool!!!!

Sashimi
We also met J-San, K-San, and A-San too, and he gave us so much food, it was crazy!!! So much fish and sashimi! Then we visited Brother M, and he's trying to make a poster out of a picture he took of me, and trying to get it to me, so hopefully that works out! It would be ideal!!

Wednesday!!! We went to hear Elder Nelson speak in the morning, and it was all about technology! Apparently the real reason we're getting iPads isn't to hasten the work of salvation or be better Missionaries, it's to help us master technology now, so that when we go back, it won't take over our lives ... Cool shift, so they're starting the U.S. with the rest of Japan to make sure that we're good to go! Then we met with our new companions, and went back to our new areas, I may have been hit on a little bit at eikaiwa by this girl, so I gave her a Book of Mormon, and she's said that she was going to read it ... inadvertently flirt to convert! Please note ... I didn't flirt.

Thursday! We did some finding, Narita is a cool area, lots of hills, and stuff to see and what not. I'll probably explore a lot here on pDay.

Friday we had FHE and ping pong at the church!! I still rock BTW, but it was good. We're struggling to teach people here, in Abiko we taught like fifteenish lessons each week, and here we taught three last week, all since I got here ... but it feels like it will be picking up soon.

Saturday we had a double dose of eikaiwa! And then we taught this kid named K-San who wants to come to church and to learn more, but has work, and it's crazy hard for him, but he wants to learn more, so we're gonna keep teaching him, a sister named A Shimai helped out, and that was awesome! She's a recent convert, hasn't even finished the Book of Mormon all the way yet, but told him that the church was true, and that he should get baptized ... and the spirit was awesome!!! It was crazy!!!

Sunday!!!' Only eightyish people are in the ward ... crazy right, it's so small!!! Church was good, afterward, we taught this guy named K-San with Brother S K-San, and it rocked.  He threw down way hard on everything!!! I hoped I was a pretty good teacher, I mean everyone of my companions has always said that I blow their minds, but he blew mine ... and then the little bits that were everywhere, he rocked them too ... It was crazy! He's soo good!!
Picture of me the Narita Ward has.
And now we are here on Monday! It's been an interesting week!
This week I've been thinking a lot about change. There are so many people here who have so much potential, but they don't want to change, and they're so content with their lives the way they are, it's so sad. It got me thinking about what motivates people to change, what makes people want to believe. And I decided that for a lot of people, it's hope. They need something to live for, they need something to hope for. It's like Alma said, a hope, a desire to believe is the first step of uncrushable faith. And for me personally, that's what God does, He gives me hope, He gives me hope that I can change, that I can do the things that I want to, that I can do the things that He wants me to do, that we can all become the type of people that we all know we need to be. God provides a way, many pathways give us hope. And if there wasn't hope, well, it would be a pretty dark world. An RM just back from her mission talked on Sunday, she asked us to think for a minute about what life would be like if there wasn't the atonement. And then she said that it would be pointless, and we probably wouldn't make it very far. It made me think about how important the atonement really is in all of our lives, everything we do relates back to it! Without it, there would be no hope, and we would have no purpose.

Thank you all for the hope and the light that you bring in to my life, you're all the best!!!
Love, Elder Griffiths!!
11993 11286

No comments:

Post a Comment