Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, July 21, 2014

DD 9.25 ... We Can Do Hard Things, With His Help ...

Well ... this is the biggest first world problem I've ever had ... this week the wifi at out church went out, so to use our iPads we have to go to a 7-11 to use their free wifi ... did I mention that they're everywhere, but it's slightly farther than the church ... it's like an eight minute bike ride instead of five ....

Is that your voice on the pig video?? Chores are riding on your answer! (we have been debating all week. Abi swears it is not you)
Can't even tell the difference between your own son and a Hawaiian ... that makes me sad ...

Isn't that Naan Flat Bread, which looks a lot like Indian fry bread, that you are eating in the picture you sent?
(delicious!) Yes, that is naan ... so good!!

How is your foot doing? Healing?
Well, it seems to have gotten worse ... it's oozing and there is a puss pocket on the side of my toe ... the skin around it has gotten kind of green and if I rub it too hard in the shower ... well stuff starts to come off ...

Totally kidding ... it's pretty much perfect by now.

How are your baptismal dates coming along?
Great!! More on that later.

Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot. And mom won't turn the AC down ... any suggestions on how to get mom to obey?
I'm out side all day wearing a white shirt and tie ... with pants ... in Nihongo humidity ... mom, if you bake cookies for hours with the AC off I'm sure that the fam will love you forever!!

How many times were you told that Abi's got a new car? Hey, Abi got a new car, what should she name it?
I saw it ... I dislike Belvadear whatever it was ...

Will you send us a picture of you and your companion?
Yoshino Choro & Griffiths Choro

How is monsoon season going? are you wearing your rain jacket you bought super often?
Meh, sometimes ... not as often as it rains ...

How do you like the other 2 Choros who live in your apartment?
Love em.

Are you still learning to cook or is the Choro who was teaching you get transferred? (Sam is writing the questions and I can't keep track. Dad probably knows but he isn't here)
No, he's still here and the lessons continue!

Would you like more Kool-Aid or is it too much work to make?
Meh, I still got some, but it was the highlight of that package.


How is your Japanese coming? Any better now you have a Nihonjin comp?
I speak a lot more Japanese now ... it's pretty good, but as soon as I think that, I struggle to introduce myself.

How well does your companion speak English?
He's really good. Better than my Japanese.

Have you gotten your hair cut recently? Who cut it?
Like three weeks ago. The shop by the Eki does it for cheap.

Did those funny white bumps on your feet ever go away? the fungus?
Pretty much annihilated it ...

Are you still sleeping on futons or are you on a bunk bed?
Futons ... I took the two hardest ones ... and frankly, they're quite nice!!

Father, the grass looks nice! Sorry that helping TeJay with his yard is crazy hard ... I really wanna help ... it's sounds like you get to use the post holer a lot ... which I love using!!!! Jealous!! I really did enjoy the scout camps ... except the part where I almost drowned under the sail of our boat at Bear Lake ... because of that, I hate life jackets ... but still love sailing! Thank you for being such a caring father and putting time and love into my life! You rock!!

Mother ... I feel good about making thirty'ish dollars from the fridge! I'm not gonna lie, I was a little worried that you emailed me first, that never happens; I thought that someone had died or something! But I feel good about everything! Thanks for the updates.

Sam ... sorry that work outs aren't going to well ... just remember Abi ... she could probably beat you in a race right now ... I would go running ... like now ... I loved the picture of the lawn, it was way great!!

Stormmageddon ... don't you dare let the parents retire my baby!!!! I mean Clydesdale ... Boots, a total score!!! And I really do love the car, I feel good about it!! BTW, chat debate, hilarious!!!!

So this week. Well, Brother A is scheduled to be baptized; so is the other Choro's investigator. We had a guy named Brother F meet with us after reading 2 Nephi 31 and say, so what is this baptism thing, and how do I get it ... he's now looking forward to the tenth ... by the way; pretty boss week!!!

Don't have much time this week, we gotta go meet with some less actives, and help em back to church, but I just wanted to say that this week I learned about miracles ... they take a lot of faith to happen, but even more than that, they the take a lot of faith to see, this whole week I was kinda doubting, but when we showed our faith and expected them to happen, they did! It was really cool to see!!! I still can't really believe that this is all happening, and that we have to do it right now. It all just started happening so suddenly to. I'm so glad that God has prepared these people at this time for this miracle ... It's really awesome!!! I'm a firm believer in things to come, and in miracles that are waiting to be seen! It's way great when they so happen, and sometimes the wait is the best part ...

Dad mentioned in his letter about me not having to do anything but missionary work, and yeah, I don't have a job or anything. But is is probably the most stressful thing that I have ever had to do in my whole life before.. I'm so tired, and I feel as though I never really get a break ... but when I do, I just find myself thinking, what am I doing ... I could be doing so much more and it would be so much fun!! So pretty much this is crazy hard ... but I love it! Because, just like it says on our wall: "We can do hard things, with His help!!" And let's be honest, He's the reason we can do anything at all. And it's so great!! I love having the chance to tell the world about this message
and all the joy that it has brought me in my life!!! I love being a missionary!!! Kinda sucks that I only have ten months left though ...


Gotta jet, love ya!! Griffiths Choro
8615 7800

No comments:

Post a Comment