Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 2, 2015

DD 14.45 ... 暇の時に掃除したり洗濯したりしなくちゃ ...

Do you still dry your laundry outside?
Yes ... it's sunny and like sixty degrees now ... it feels warmer though ...

Have you done any running lately?
Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Have you used your debit card recently?
Not really ... and by that I mean not at all..

Do you teach grammar or sentence structure in your Eikaiwa class??
Well, I teach advanced, so I teach idioms and work on pronunciation ... and sometimes vocabulary too.

How is the weather there? Any snow?
Sunny!!! Yesterday it rained like crazy though!

What song did you sing?
Hope of Israel 

Is next week temple P-Day?No, we had the Elder Ballard conference, so we won't have a temple day this transfer.

Did you get the valentines from the ward YW and YM?
Yes!!! So great!!

Was the Elder Ballard conference a mission wide conference? or a zone conference?
Mission wide ... with the Tokyo South mission too!!

What did they talk about? Did you get to shake hands with any of the general authorities?
The restoration, and how we need to testify of it better!! And yeah, we shook their hands!

How far is it around the lake?
I think its like ten Milesish.

Is there a bike trail? Like the bike trail in the river bottoms?
Yes ... around most of it ...

Why were there only ten missionaries in the choir?
At first we sang it as a zone, but then Budge Shimai liked it so much that she asked us to do it for the Elder Ballard Conference ... we needed some more people because of transfers, so we called in Stevens Choro and some peeps.

Why was the conference on a Monday night? Or was it during the day?
Monday morning.

Did members go? and take investigators?
The members had their own fireside on Sunday.

Any fun food for this week?
We got a rotisserie chicken, and so we cut it up and put it in stew and curry and ate for a week.

Are you healthy and well? Any problems?
My knees kind of hurt, and my legs are always tired, I feel a little like like my body's falling apart. But it's all good.

How is your bike? 
Good ... except I have two holes in the cover of my seat, so when it rains, it fills up with water ... which is fine because of my rain pants, but then the next day I always have a wet behind!

Father!  I simply haven't had the time to go see the Hachiko Statue. I really want to though. People always put pics on FACEBOOK about it, every Temple P-Day for some reason or another we always have people calling us and wanting to meet so we have to hurry back ... and it's to early to go before ... as for the Japanese classes, my counselor worked it into my schedule, so I hope to. I might have to come back and do an internship in Japan for it though, BYU accepts missions, but USU might not. And I sign Elder Griffiths when I write in English and グリフィス長老 when I write In Japanese. We usually say, and I quote "Elder Griffiths 長老"

Mother.  I think the nanny cam would be a good idea ... but then you would also find out all the stupid stuff we do as missionaries ... like how much we eat ... we haven't stopped cooking for four people yet. We just eat more food. It's good to hear that the grandkids come over all the time, I'm so excited to play with them!!! I bet they're so fun!!! Anyways, just wanted to say happy birthday! I was going to say something last week, but ran out of time, I hope that it was a merry one, and that you were able to have a great day!! You're the best mom anyone could have ever asked for!!!!

Smash.  Good to know that sky lanterns are a huge fire hazard ... I've always really wanted to make one! They look so cool ... so it would probably be okay to make one in the winter in Logan. I mean ice doesn't freeze right? Worst case scenario, it would just thaw out then erode a little right? Seems solid. Your life is like that episode of Friends ... Good luck!!

Storm.  Good move not drinking the chunky chocolate milk ... sad day that you had to waste chocolate milk though ... I think I would cry. That's the worst. Good call though. That's cool that you get to keep learning how to be a better teacher forever, that's something I hope I get to do as an engineer ... don't know how though. Let me know how ballet goes!!! Should be an experience.

So this week was kinda short. But crazy busy. Yes, dad, we are blessed indeed.
Tuesday night we went and blessed W-San, and then went to the Bishop's house with Y-San, he's a rock star so that was fun, the Bishop has three daughters ... all of which, I'm convinced, speak perfect English, the bishop and his wife do as well; but they're also way shy, so they said like three words the whole time. A little awkward, but the lesson was good and Y-San committed to reading the Book of Mormon!!!

Wednesday.  We were supposed to meet with W-San and J-San before eikaiwa, but they went and had sushi instead, so we taught them afterwards ... W-San had several questions, and we told him about God, it was good ...

Thursday  we went down to T-San Shimai home to teach W-San and crew, and we got into way deep stuff about the resurrection and when people come back to life, and what not, during the millennium ... it was rough ... namely because we don't really know ... do we?

Friday  was interesting, I got my temple recommend renewed at interviews with Budge Kaichou. Then we met up with W-San, who had gotten kicked out of T-San Shimai house for smoking ... so we talked ... and we taught him everything ... like all the lessons in an hour ... yeah that was good. He really wants to turn his life around, and he said that if this is what it takes, then he'll do it. He needed a place to stay and the only person he knew to turn to was Brother H-San in the first ward, so we got him a ticket to Ueno and shipped him off. Later we heard that he's meeting with the Elders, and he really liked church on Sunday.

Saturday  we comforted J-San after his friend left, then taught all the people that called us asking for lessons, it was pretty sweet actually ... K-San and some other peeps ... they just called us and said meet us at twelve at the Kashiwa station, we need to learn about God.  After that we went and visited Brother I-San whose aunt is in the hospital. He's having a rough time so it was good, then we had Stake Conference.

Sunday  A-San came with us to go to Stake Conference, we're meeting him on Tuesday to finish up teaching him, then we biked to Moriya in the rain and met withthe M-San family, they are way hard core, the father had a stroke, and they still come every week ... even when they didn't have an elevator at the church to take him up the stairs ... hardcore family ... way boss!!!

Then we just met with S-San who brought a friend to lunch who is now going to be reading the Book of Mormon ...

This week was good. I feel like I've learned so much on my mission, but at the same time, I feel like I've learned so little. It's funny to think that when I understand something I think I've learned so much. But I soon realize that compared to what God knows, I have no idea about anything. It's nice to know that we aren't perfect and that through this life with its trials and tests, we'll never be perfect. But we can step a little closer to it, and with every step it comes a little closer to our grasp. This gospel really is about trying to improve daily, no one can change overnight, it took Alma the Younger a couple days before he changed, so we need to work at it too. We need to work little by little at the things we do each and every day until we are closer to perfection. God works by small and simple things, rarely does He help us make huge changes over night, we need to practice daily so we get better and better, little by little ... thank you for all the little things that you inspire me to do!!

Love, Elder Griffiths 長老
11649 10625

No comments:

Post a Comment