Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 30, 2015

DD 15.25 ... my balcony view ...

So, any thoughts on where you want to live next fall?? 
Old farm sounds good. Just promise me you'll say a prayer before you pick for me! I trust yall!

Is the reason you don't have facebook because they are restarting Japan with the US?? Or did we get that wrong?
All of Japan is getting iPads this time, not just Tokyo.

Did you bear your testimony in fast and testimony meeting yesterday? Did you have fast and testimony meeting yesterday? Or is it the regular week because you have general conference at a different time?
I didn't have fast sunday yesterday, so no, I didn't.

How is the work going? How are your investigators? Any new ones?
A Filipino named M-San

Was dad correct in his sleuthing? Did he find your apt?? A lot is riding on your answer!
Close ...
Dad guessed Trent lived in the apartment circled in Red?
Have you starting using the video "Because He Lives"? Has it been translated into Japanese? Can you still use the internet? just not facebook?
We just can't use FaceBook ... still everything else is okay.

How is your trusty steed holding up? Brakes working ok? did you ever tape up the hole in the seat?
She's just fine ... still easier and safer than going by foot.

Do you know what Sega World in Narita is? Dad thought it was Sea World and got all excited.
I don't know what that is ... I'll keep an eye out for it though!!

Do you go as far north as the Naritasan Shinsoh-ji temple? There are a LOT of photos of it on line.
We're gonna go next week I think.

Any tender mercies this week?
Last week we taught two lessons, and this week we taught six ... three times as much!!! Tender mercy indeed!!

What was the high point of your week?
Family home evening. I got Clark Choro to do push-ups for everyone that came, and related it to the atonement ... everybody cried, everybody got candy, and Clark Choro is really sore ... all in all, a good lesson.

In Narita do the members invite you over for dinner? (watch out for nuts!)
If we have investigators, then yes!!

Did you save some Easter candy for Easter?
Hahaha, that's funny.

Father!!! Your so close ... we're the apartment in the bottom floor, closest to the street ... but again, thoroughly impressed. Slightly worried about how much time you spent, but impressed none the less. Sounds like you had a very productive week ... biking around Antelope Island ... did you chase any buffalo? I really wanna go chase some buffalo on my bike when I get back ... I'm pretty sure I can outrun them ... On my bike at least.
More Pictures from my balcony ... Looking SouthWest

Looking SouthEast

Mother!!! I knew that you would be proud of me for fixing my brakes ... at first I was like, maybe I just won't fix em, and then an image of you popped into my head, and I thought I should ... it's cuz I'm the best child ever ... right! It sounds like you had a pretty good week with the kiddies and what not coming over! I'm so excited to come home and play with them all!! It's gonna be so much fun!! Whoo!! We're gonna do so much stuff!!!

TeJay! I will gladly dig your hole for your trampoline! I need to get in shape and tan when I get back ... therefore I will dig from eleven to six when the sun goes down ... sounds like a deal!!! Good to hear that you two are both still active in choir. Hope Crystal's leg gets feeling better by now. I'm not excited to go home, but I feel as though when that day comes, it will be an exciting day.

Sam. You ran nineteen miles? Remember when you tried to convince me that you could never run more than three or you would die? I do ... and the former you was very, very wrong. Hahaha. I love it when I'm right. Your friend cleaned the temple until two in the morning? That's crazy! What do they do all night in there? I wanna go and do it now!! PS, I almost bought some red pants today ... they were like five bucks, and I realized I have no idea what's cool anymore ... please, save me.

Storm trooper ... I could have told you that carrots weren't going to be very satisfying ... I'm saddened that you're falling into that trap. When I get back, I'll come over to your apartment, and we'll make no bake cookies!! One batch for you to take to school, and one to eat, just to make sure they taste good ... good luck at conference! Just remember it's the prophet speaking, and we should listen to his words and seek revelation about what we should do with our lives ... it's like super church. I promised all of my investigators that if they come with questions ... about anything ... they will be answered if they listen ... for the whole ten hours ... Good Luck!!

So this week.
Monday, we went and tried to find some of the less actives ... but a lot of the addresses were wrong ... unless they live in vacant fields ...

Tuesday. We went finding, and visited some less actives in the middle of nowhere and it turned out they were just going to a different ward!!  One of them was so nice ... she gave us doughnuts for coming all the way out!!!

Wednesday, we just had eikaiwa and talked to some people about God afterwards.

Thursday, weekly planning, and a lesson with K-San, we threw down on the restoration, and committed him to read and pray about the pamphlet, Joseph Smith. He said that he would, but he is really struggling, so we're going to follow up with him.

Friday, we had FHE and ping pong at the church. I wreck in ping pong, and blew everyone's mind with the the lesson. It was such a good night!!!

Saturday, we found an elderly gentleman after eikaiwa and talked about the plan of salvation, he's coming again next week to learn more too!!!

Sunday, the ward had a big meal after church. And it was so good!!!! Then we met with Brother M-San and got him on track to prep for the temple. He's way excited to go, and he's going to study so that he can mission-a-tize his friends.

Then we have today, so far so good ... yeah.

This week we're pretty busy with a lot of stuff, we have zone conference, and splits and all sorts of good things going down. Hopefully in the rush we can find some new people to teach. The area is not dead, but it's not as alive as we would like it to be right now.

This week I've been thinking a lot about change. I read through some of my journal from the beginning of my mission, and I'm a totally different person now. It's crazy. I didn't change in the ways that I thought I would though, looking back, I see so many things that I really am glad that I was able to fix about myself, and it reminds me that in two years, I'll look back and be really glad that I've changed so much again. I have like two months left now, and I want to change some more. I want to become the disciple of Christ that the Lord wants me to be ... I'm just not sure how to do it quite yet. But I think that's the reason we have fasting and prayer and scripture study. So, yeah, sorry this letter is kinda short, not much happened this week. I'll work on it more for next week so that you'll have a little more something to read. LOL, I'll try to send pictures this week and next week as well!!!

Love you all, Elder Griffiths
12114 11389

No comments:

Post a Comment