Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 9, 2015

DD 14.55 ... bippity ... boppity ... boo ...

Did you have any specific goals for your 1st 100 days in the mission field? What were they and did you achieve them?
I did not. Not really no.

So what are your goals for the last 100 days ...  what are they and how can we help you accomplish them?
I wanna be crazy hard working! And always super motivated.  And be in the best of moods, a faithful mood.

My Favorite Quote
Weston Ford just left for Finland ... what advice would you give to him as he approaches a country where little English will be spoken?
Learn the language fast, and don't focus on being able to read and write first, just talking is the most important.

Has mom and dad sent you an Easter Package yet?
Yes, got it yesterday, thanks btw!!! Mom rocks!!!

Now that it is March, are the parks in Japan filled with kite flyers or is that just propaganda?
Soon, right now it's just rainy,

Does Abiko have a large enough Chinese population to celebrate the festival of Lanterns (the last week of the Chinese New Year)?
It was not too big here, in Chiba it was huge though.


Do you need any clothes pins? If you had any extra, you could use them to put cards on the spokes of your bike and make it sound like a motor bike ... you know, really cool!!! Do you want us to send you any clothes pins or cards?
... what's a clothes pin?

Do they have any duck tape in Abiko, or can you only get that in Tokyo? You could use duck tape to cover the holes on your bike seat ... or ... would the adhesive get on your suit pants ... scratch that, not a good idea ... how about packing tape? Should we send you some packing tape?
I should be okay. I only have 100 days left, thanks father

Have you ever thought of buying a florescent vest to wear while riding your bike ... that way you wouldn't get hit by cars or trucks?
I have a  little stripped thing, and my helmet is white, and I have a back light.

Have you ever put on your bike helmet while riding with no hands? Can you ride your bike while facing the back of your bike? How about riding your bike on one wheel ... how far can you go on just the back wheel? How about only the front wheel? Have you ever crashed while trying to do these things? What is the craziest thing you have heard a missionary do while riding a bike? Was it carrying a case of Vodka back to their apartment from the Quicky Mart? WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY MANEUVERS MENTIONED IN THIS E MAIL!!!!!!
... I'll get back to, you next week.

How deep is the lake Tega? Is it a clean lake or has it been polluted?
Polluted, I don't know the depth though.

Do transfer calls come next Monday?
Yes!

Are you a master at criss cross crapple sauce now?
Not yet!

Daylight savings time is here! Do they have it in Japan?
We don't have it here.

How are your investigators doing??
Great!!

Is your temple recommend good for two years like ours? Or different for missionaries?
It's good for three months after I get home.

Any special instructions for registering at USU? or housing?
Make it nice and bed bug free please!!

Did you decide to buy a suit while you are in Japan?
Maybe ... if I have time on a pDay.

Are your clothes still holding up? need another white shirt?
They are all good!!

Father!! That's very interesting about all of our relatives. I like that I'm related to Thomas Edison, I just feel really smart all the sudden!!! Thanks for the motivational pep talk to get more consecrated this last hundred days ... it is going by way to fast BTW.

Mom!! Hope that you had a very happy birthday! Next year I'll come all the way here for it! It'll be great!!! It sounds like your week was fun, cinnamon rolls from dad are the best! When I get home, we'll have to make them again, and eat them all! It sounds delicious!! Math tests and presidency meeting also sound like a blast! Don't get too crazy!

Jandee!! That's crazy that Waylon read so many books!! I can't believe it!!! The picture of the kids  is adorable! I can't believe how big they all are! I feel like it was yesterday that you came over to give mom and dad the books to announce that you were pregnant with Waylon... but it was so long ago! It's good to know that they're all excited to have me back! I'm super excited to play with them all again! It's gonna be awesome!!

Sam!!!  I'm so excited for Pi day (3.1415)! I've literally been in a group that's counting down to it in FACEBOOK for like four years now!! You bet I'm eating some pie! And it's gonna be delicious!!! That's hilarious about the taco date fiasco! I can't believe that you spilled tacos in his car! But your right they are really delicious ... we need to go get some when I get back. I really miss Mexican food, they don't have it here.

Storm ... ten hours ... That's crazy! That's a lot of reading ... a little too much if you ask me.  That makes me laugh so hard that you were part of a dance off. I'm so glad my chosen profession is serious and not going to make me do those kind of things ... Thank you engineering!!

My week!!
Monday, we went to FHE with Brother J, and he has no interest ... he flat out told us, that he doesn't need God, he can do it by himself ... Summon the humbler, right? But we're still trying to help him see that life with the gospel is better than without it, but he's so blind to it all.

Tuesday!! I went on splits with the zone leaders, Crockett Choro, and we saw so many miracles! We committed one kid in Matsudo to read the Book of Mormon, and the next day he'd read to Alma ... and he's still going!!

Wednesday!! We had eikaiwa, and it was sweet! We also met with a less active named K K-San, and he's just to busy to come to our church but he goes to church in other areas a lot of the time. He's pretty solid, just has a night shift that ends at nine in Urawa, so he goes there for church!

Thursday, we met with A-San and taught a lot of stuff, he's totally set for baptism, he's so ready for it. Then we did some planning, and did some finding, found a way cool kid named T-San. He's awesome!

Friday we went to A-San's baptismal interview, and he passed with flying colors. He's going to get baptized on the 15th of this month, and we're way excited!! Then we went to ping pong,and the S-San family came, the daughter has a lot of interest, the son has a little bit, and the mom, we aren't really sure, but they're coming to FHE tonight as well. It was way good!!
a bowl of not so Top of Ramen ramen
Saturday we went to lunch with H-San and Brother J, all you can eat anything you want. I ate so much ice cream, it was so bad!!  I ate so much food ... really bad. Then we went and played basketball with the S-San family in Matsudo, and taught S-San about the gospel of Christ, he's going to read and pray to find out if God's church is true! We're so excited!!!
Decastri Choro, Griffiths Choro, H-San, Brother J
Sunday, church was good, A-San and Y-San came, we taught Y-San afterwards, and he's going to pray and read to find out if this is true or not as well!!! Then we went and taught Brother P, and he's hilarious, he's from New Jersey, and his wife is Chinese, and their kids speak all the languages ... but at the same time, not any of them. We talked about the restoration, and he's going to read some more, and then pray to know if this is God's true church or not!! And it's going to be awesome!!!

This week I learned a little bit about enduring with hope. We're all imperfect, and not nearly as Christ-like as we would all like, and really, it's just an addiction ... so I read the twelve step program that the church has about it. And in the hope section, I found something about how Christ understands us perfectly, so where others would judge us or  condemn us for not being good enough. Christ is able to look past it, and see who we truly are, he's able to help us accomplish our true potential. He's there to help us do the things that we need to do so that we're able to help others. With out Christ there is no plan of salvation, no church, no hope for anything, Christ is the center of our hope. And ideally the center of our homes. When we make him such, were able to use his power to over come challenges and problems, including guilt and death. Through Christ, we can do all things because he strengthens us. And oh how great that is, to know that Christ strengthens me personally. It's amazing!!

Sorry this letter is short, we had some p-Day today, so I don't have a lot of time, I'll send some pictures though!!
Love, Elder Griffiths
11729 10828

No comments:

Post a Comment