Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 16, 2015

DD 14.65 ... Hymn #9 is my new favorite ever! ...

Adair Shimai, Minson Shimai, Dicastri Choro, Griffiths Choro

Are you getting the opportunity to teach the Japanese people in a different area?
Yes, I'm going to Narita! Right by the airport ... it's like Budge Kaichou is telling me not to get trunky or something.

Did A-San get baptized? How did it go?
Yes! It was great!

How is the weather there? Winter like? or Spring like?
It's hot.

How is the guy from Matsudo, who you met on splits, and read to Alma in one day?? Still reading? getting taught?
Yes, he's gonna get baptized in April!

How is Pete and his family doing?
Freta!!

What was your favorite food at the All You Can Eat place? What did you eat the most of? Besides ice cream?
Probably the chocolate cake ... or the meat.

Any news about Brother S and the rest of the S-San family?
They're mostly at the interest level.

What ah-ha moment have you had in your gospel study this last week?
This morning, I figured out how to relate Gospel Dispensations to the sun ... and it blew my mind.

What new Japanese vocabulary word have you learned this week??
I learned チクる which is to tattle.

Is Japanese ice-cream the same as ours? or different? Do they use toppings? Any Beaver Tracks there?
It's mostly the same, just different flavors ... like tea, and anko and stuff!

Since spring is early, are the cherry blossoms out yet? Apricot blossoms are out here!
Not yet!

How long do the cherry blossoms stay out? a week? two weeks? or 3 days?
Like a week or two.

What did you do for pi day? Did you make pie or just go somewhere and eat pie?
We ate bottom-less naan, and fasted ...

Is one companion assigned the cell phone or do you switch off a lot? Like in driving missions usually senior companions drive and junior companions do everything on the cell phone?? How does it work for you?
Usually who ever has it answers it. Usually me since I'm eleven transfers older and speak Japanese ... but really whoever.

Do you ever play games after your studying is done at night? Apparently some missionaries play Settlers or other games before going to bed. I would think that is not allowed??
No ... in the white handbook it's straight up says no board games ...

Do you have tons of room in your suitcase when you move or is it a packing challenge to make everything fit?
Lots of room still.

Are any of your ties ruined? Do you think you will throw some of them away before coming home?
Maybe, maybe not ... I haven't decided yet. They all seem fine to me.

How is your hair doing? It looks really good in the pictures.  Are you still worried about it?
Probably fine, I think it's okay. It'll be fine by the time I go back to school ... I think.

Any more walnut/nut occurrences?
Nope.

What is your bathroom like? tiny? Pictures of your apt maybe??
I'll try to send some ... of Narita since I leave Wednesday morning!

Is Elder Turley back?
Yep, in Nakano

What is the weirdest food you ate this week?
Cookie dough between two cream filled melon pan.
    

This is pure joy ... also the reason I may die before I'm 35

Father!  D & C has tons of crazy stuff in it. I'm convinced it was written so that we could convert other Christians ... I love sharing it with people who already believe in Christ ... it clarifies the differences in our beliefs. Don't worry about family vacations ... I'll always remember the times we raced carrying the bricks from the front of the house to the back yard, and I beat my sisters every time!

Mother!  Sorry to hear about 5:00 am. It happens to me too. They don't have Day Light Savings Time here, but the sun comes up at like 4:30, and I sleep right by the window ... it's rough. That's hilarious about Jandee, but I'll have to go and watch some of Waylon's games, it sounds way fun!! Lots of food I feel as well. That's good to hear about grandma, I'm sad I missed all the destruction of the carpet!

Sam!  Stop running in sketchy places ... just pick a temple, and run there and back ... or maybe a little farther and then back ... but if you're dead, how am supposed to beat you in your next marathon? I can't ... that pie sounds so good though! Peanut butter, chocolate, brownie ... I know what we're doing when I get back!!!

Abi!  Hot tub?!? I miss swimming ... and hot tubs! I might never leave your apartment ... but I still have like three months till that problem comes up. Sounds like school is good. Always nice to have help around ... sounds like the broadcast was good. We just heard from Elder Nelson last night, he spoke to the saints of Japan, and it rocked!!!

This week! In brief, I have to send a lot of pictures!!
We found a shimai in Moriya! We got lost looking for a member, and then decided to house, and found her, she's around thirty we think, and her husband died three years ago, and she believes in some sort of God. She randomly had a day off, and so we were able to find her, and she is already texting the sisters like everyday. It's so cool!!!

Then we took Brother S to go help us teach L-San, our Chinese friend ... and they hit it off great, they started talking about nuclear physics and what not, and I'm all like, I don't know the Nihongo for that, what's happening ... but now I understand a little bit more. It was crazy, he might come to church this week cuz it's spring break, but he doesn't know if he can ... might have to work.
Brother K-San, Griffiths Choro, Brother A-San, Dicastri Choro
Then A-San got baptized!!! It rocked! ... and it only took me one time.  Afterwards, he got up and testified, "like a little water got in my nose, and it was warm, but the warmth in my heart is going to last a lot longer ... and I know that this is an endure to the end type of thing."  So yeah, yoroshiku ongaishimasu!!  It was so good!! I'm kinda sad that we have to go our separate ways, but I think it'll be for the best.  Shumway Choro is replacing me, and he's awesome, so it should be good.

We're all getting new iPads, so we have to send everything that we want to keep ... to ourselves ... and then down load it later.  I have a lot of pictures that I teach with, so I'll be sending them all to you ... to me ... then a lot of other pictures as well ... hope it makes up for the shortness of this letter, it's like a thousand words per picture ... right ... so it really should be a lot longer!!!
There is a priest in our ward named Brother N-San, he's going on a
mission soon; he and his friends wrote this for us!!!
It means, Happiness!!
The Abiko Chapel
This week I learned how bold we can be. Elder Nelson came and called the doctrine of the trinity erroneous ... and unscriptural.  He then explained what we believe.  We had some Catholic investigators there ... and now they have baptismal dates!! It made me realize that this truth that we all know, we sometimes take for granted, we know everything we know about God, because of Joseph Smith and the restoration. We can know about that because of the Book of Mormon, dad was right when he said that the D&C holds all the cool stuff, it's crazy! Gospel principles teaches it all crazy simple like, but in all honesty, I'm so excited for the second coming! We are gonna see some crazy stuff! And I'm so excited! I would invite you all to study the restoration this week, and ready yourself to be an example of the believers, and then answer the questions that come through the restoration! It'll blow their minds!!!!
Love, Elder Griffiths !!

11879 10994

No comments:

Post a Comment