Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, September 15, 2014

DD 10.45 ... got this from one of the Shimai investigator ...

So how is your leg? Is it still red? Is it swollen?
It hurts to kneel, but other than that it's totally fine.

What did the Dr. say was wrong with it?
Just bruised it pretty bad.

What did he give you to put on it? a antibiotic? or a anti itch?
Magic drugs that fix anything ... it's all written in Japanese.

Can you ride your bike again? Can you walk? Can you run?
Can't run quite yet ... well, don't want to risk it, but I can walk fine.

What did the title of your last week's email mean: "come here and I'll bite your legs off"??  We are so confused!
In Monty Python there is this guy which doesn't have any legs ... it was a joke that I didn't have any legs ...

Have you ever heard of the Abiko house?? It is a weird looking house in Abiko, and it is eluding dad's detective sleuthing skills!
Haven't seen it yet ... I will house it though! I'll search for it!!

What should we as members of the church do to help the missionaries, what do you like to have done for you?
Meet with their people!! Especially at church, introduce yourself to them and go get more ward members to come and meet them too!!! Best thing ever!

Have you had any tender mercies that you have recognized in Abiko, can you share one with us?
There were a lot in Kawagoe for sure, so far in Abiko. This week a member offered to drive our investigator to church!! Since he's ninety-three it was a really great offer and he totally came!! More on this later.

Do you share your testimony with the members of your district in your nightly phone calls? What happens when they share theirs with you?
Mah ... I have like three to five minutes every night, so not to much time to share testimonies, but we usually throw palms thing down at district meeting.

When was the last time you talked to Budge Kaichou, what words of wisdom did he offer you?
This week we had zone conference, he taught us how to communicate ... Just like the communication class that I took in college, except he made us put our heart into it so we weren't manipulative like I may have been in college!!

How often do you go on splits with the ZL's, who are they and where do they live?
They live in Mabashi, I go with them once a transfer.

Do you want us to email you earlier than Sunday Night ... are we gumming up the works by emailing you on Sunday Evening ... we will make mom start earlier ... as if she were the problem?
Meh, which ever is good. What ever works best for you!!

Look what I made!!
Father!!  Thank for the update on Ben's blog ... I'm glad that you got your gate finally, I remember giving you the card that was good for one fence gate ... sorry that it took so long to cash in on it. The Abiko house seems way cool ... I may or may not house it ... I'll send you some pics when I find it. As for your spiel on being a  leader ... I watched a talk all about a current bush a couple transfers back. I'm very accepting of where I'm at right now. I am noticing certain things, all the time, that show me that I am right where I'm
suppose to be. Thanks though! It always helps!!


Mother. Your grandchildren sound so great!! Thanks again for taking care of grandma! She's such a champ!! School sounds fun, I like the theme, making sure that everyone knows that they matter ... reminds me a lot of the gospel. I'll try to use that in dendo this week!?, Thanks!!

Smash. Cool race shirt!! I'll definitely do it with you next year ... and by with you, I mean a long ways ahead of you!! Abi told me that you think that you'll be able to keep up with me for the first little bit when I get back ... Mwahahahahahaha!! So, you should know that playing poker with candy is always a bad idea. I would lose so fast ... not cuz I bet, just cuz I'd eat it all ...

Storm ... oreos and peanut butter ... I ate that all through college ... it was so good!! Love it! Sounds like, you're adjusting to life with the parents well. I hope that things continue to go as such!! Bubble ball sounds way fun ... I really wanna play when I get back too!!

So this week was way sweet!! We taught a man named Brother Y. He has been meeting with us for a while now, and so we invited him to church.  He said that he might come but it was kinda sketchy ... then on Sunday morning in DCS a member told us that he got a call from the member that helped us teach and that he was coming!! It was way sweet!! They introduced him to all the elderly people in the ward and it was so great!! They're all like best friends now!!

This week was a little sad too ... one of the Sister's investigators named Sister J, from China, she's still going to get baptized, but can't come to church until she does and then can't for a couple weeks afterwards also ... way sad, and then Sister A, a girl who read the whole Book of Mormon in a week  won't be able to come to church, or meet with the sisters, or anything for a while, we are way worried about her.

Other than that this week was pretty good, we're all working way hard to get in really good with the ward and do all the things that they need us to do.

Lastly, spiritual thought.
I learned this week that we all need hope. Hope to accomplish our goals, if we start without hope that we will be able to accomplish it, then we definitely won't! Hope is what saves our souls, hope is what drives us on, hope is what helps us do the things that otherwise would be impossible!! I love hope, and I hope and pray, that you all have hope in your lives too!! I gotta jet this week, we are a little short on time, but I hope that the best happens this week and that you all have new hope in you life, love and pray for you all everyday!!
Griffons Choro

9555 8056

No comments:

Post a Comment