Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, September 22, 2014

DD 10.55 ... never eat old grapes ... I just did and regretted it like ten minutes later ...

We hope you are well, no more leg stuff going on?
It's fine, still hurts a little to kneel, but it's getting better!!

A train coming into Abiko Station
How is your leg doing this week?? Can you ride your bike, run??
All is well, running is a little stretch, but biking is fine and so is stretching it, so that's good, walking is also fine!!


Is next week your temple p-day? Oops, Is this week your temple P-Day? OK, why isn't it temple P-Day? Don't tell Dad he was wrong!! If its not temple P-Day, does that mean transfers are off by a week?
It's next week! Thanks for emailing me early though!!

Is there a washer and dryer in your apt now?
Just a washer.

Look what I found in our vacuum
Do you remember, did you (and the girls) hike Timp right before you left on your mission?
I think so ... I don't remember.

Did you get your package yet? Was your surprise inside?
Yes, and yes, ... don't know how to hackie sac though ... wish me luck learning ...

Do you have anyone to teach right now?
A couple people, we're working on finding some more.

When do you need the pictures of family Christmas traditions? Now? or before Halloween? How much time do we have? We were thinking of nativity pictures or temple square pictures?
Whenever. I just want to show em to people and say this is what I do for Christmas with my family, what about you? Why do you do that? We do ours to celebrate the birth of the Savior, do you know about him? He's amazing!! Testify and commit!!

Any good food this week?
More chicken and ramen ... nothing to exciting!!

When is your companion's birthday?
June 14th

Are you close to Costco with this transfer??
Not really ...

How is your new ward? Do they have a choir for you to sing in?
I don't think so, it's good though!!

What was your topic in last weeks district meeting?
We didn't have one ... or the week before, zone conference and zone meeting. This week however, were talking about the faith to find and what not; also a little bit about what we talked about at conferences and how we can improve more! Also a little testimony thing might go down.

Did you hear anything about the Ogden Temple dedication from the mission office or anyone else?Nope ... not a word.

Have you thought of going to the temple on Halloween night? Do they celebrate Halloween in Japan?
Yes they do, crazy like!!

Do you have to stay inside with the doors locked and the blinds closed?
We go door to door and get investigators rather than candy ... it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
It's just a spider ... like Godzilla is just a lizard ...
Do you have a limit on the amount of time you can spend on the phone with the missionaries in your district?
No, but I have to call the zone leaders by like ten each night, and I have to talk to three different companionships. So it's a little tight sometimes.

Dad ... thanks for the highlights of the temple dedication. It was really great! made me feel like I was there. As for making me feel homesick ... it's pretty hard to do ... it's not that I don't like you guys, it's just that I know I have to see you all in eight months and that I'll never get this chance again ... so it's not like I'm spending time missing my family when there's work to do ... sorry, I really do like you guys ... but you'll still be there ... time keeps going by faster
and faster!! It's no good!!!!

Mom ... you really need to put things about pie at the end of your letters ... I just kept going back to figure out what it was ... it sounds soooooooo gooooooooddd!!! We must make and devour when I return. This week sounds pretty busy, but I'm glad that you're finally getting cement ... that's a nice random gift this time of year!! I will miss our ghetto hole in the...parking way?  What is that called? I don't even know ... have fun!!

Smasjakfkkkdjdke ... loved the picture ... I still have the picture of me with a gallon of milk and a bowl of cookies that I show people on my camera sometimes ... whenever anyone asks what kind of person I was before my mission I just show them that ... and then laugh with them ... they always look at me and wonder why I'm not fat too!! You also seem to keep running into the most awkward men ever ... write all these things down so that I can learn from all of their mistakes when I get back okay?

Storm ... miracle of miracles is right!! Brittany's accident sounds way sketchy!!  Cool to that she's alive and what not though!! That's amazing!! Tell her I said hi!!  Sounds like timp was fun ... like a level three ... maybe if I come back, we'll get it back up to a level one of awesomeness cuz I'll be there!!! Love it!! I love climbing stuff!! Whoo!!! Ps, loved the picture of sam and mom, ridiculous!! Absolutely!!

So this week was pretty good. We met with our old friend Brother Y and
his son and they both have interest in the church!! Were still meeting them. I feel like they're more sakaguchi kyoudais investigators then they are ours ... which is good right!!

We also met a guy named Brother S this week. He's way chill we blew his mind though. We was all like bro there be a God who loves and cares for you ... he even has a plan for you to be happy!  Then my homeboy S ... he be all like ... what!! Man that's way legit!! I gotta hop on boards with their plan of his ... so were meeting him again and going to try to set a baptismal date ... he's like 37 and single, he said that he's gotta find a wife to help him pay off the house that he just bought ... he's way funny, he has lizards ... AND really likes bugs ... it's not weird or anything, but I'm not sure how much I like lizards ... Other than that, he's way boss. He is a nurse at like three different places and works all the time which is rough.

Other than that, this week we weren't really able to meet with to many people. We found a new guy named Brother K who seems pretty solid. He's having a rough time and wants to find peace and the strength to do what he needs to do for his family and what not ... which is pretty much exactly what we talk about all day, so he should be pretty good.

So spiritual thought for this week. We've been talking a lot about obedience recently ... it's been pretty interesting. I decided that when we are obedient and we truly love God and do what he says out of love, then we usually think that new rules that are kinda weird are fun, and we try to like make a game out of it to help us get used to it ... but on the other hand, if we haven't been obedient, or if we only do what God says out of fear, then when he says something that we aren't quite ready to accept, then we just get really frustrated like our freedom has been attacked rather than an opportunity for us to receive more blessings has been given to us.  Its very interesting when you think about it. The question I've been thinking about recently is do I do what I do out of a love of God and Christ, or out of a fear of what will happen if I don't. Obviously we all want to do things out of love, but sometimes we do them out of fear, it's kinda lame, but I think that we can all improve.

So, invitation to you all is week is find something that you do out of fear and try to change it to do it out of love instead ... might be hard. But if we can find just one thing and actually change it, think of how happy at would end up being?!?!? I think pretty happy!!

Anyways, I gotta jet, love you all!!
Griffiths Choro!!
9651 8081

No comments:

Post a Comment