Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, August 18, 2014

DD 9.65 ... Sad News ... But I'm Happy ...

Where did you buy your new bag?
A store down the street.

What is the word on transfers? How is it impacting your district?
I'm leaving; Kuroiwa Choro is going to Sakado, Peterson Shimai is going to Kumagaya, and Rezentes Choro and my companion are uniting forces, and Mobley Choro & Broadhead Choro are coming in as zone leaders.

How is teaching your Christians coming along? You could focus on families being together forever/power of the priesthood type of thing.
Meh, it's good. It's still hard. I more deal with people who don't believe in God, and help them, but it's fun.

How is learning the language via the Liahona going for you?
Meh, it's okay. The kanji that it uses aren't really used anywhere else, so it's kinda hard.

Did you ever get the tire on your bike fixed?
Not yet. I've been thinking about it, and it just doesn't seems worth it yet.

What spiritual experience did you have this week? Ok, what was the best one?
Best one ... while sitting in Sacrament Meeting with Brother G, he's an investigator for about three years now ... he never came to church ... well he set a baptismal date two weeks ago and started coming so that he could be baptized!! 14 September
Do you call each other Shimai and Choro all the time or do you slip and call them Elder or Sister?
Normally Sister or Elder, unless I'm speaking Nihongo.

How are the Shiami in your District doing ... can you report on your District?
Everyone is spending a little too much time trying to find, but they're making progress and what not, some new investigators have been found recently, and that's always a good thing.

When you were visiting Shibuya did you find the statue of Hachico the Loyal Dog? I saw where Snow Shimai found it and had her picture taken with him ...
I couldn't find it, sorry, I'll get a picture one of these days.
Here's a picture of me ... in my apartment ... you can climb anywhere ...
Dad really hopes you are being transferred ... he wants a new location to find on his map ... if you don't get transferred, can you take a random photo and give him something to do?
I'm transferring to ... Abiko!!! It's in Matsudo zone, and it's pretty close to Chiba. My companion is Sabat Choro, that's all I know, he's transfer five, but he served in the states for a couple of transfers, so I think he's about a transfer eight knowledge wise. I've heard that Abiko is great, and I'm pretty excited. It's always hard for me to transfer, I just got comfortable and what not, I just got some people progressing and what not, I just got a companion that's awesome and what not, I don't know ... I just don't like it ... maybe I'm just prideful and don't understand what god wants me to do ... I know that I'll come to love Abiko just like I do Kawagoe, Togane, and Chiba, but it's just hard ... Bleh. Well, wish me luck, I'm going to drink something cold. I'm still DL BTW, I really just wanna be a normal missionary again. It would be way nice.

Father. Putting your spiritual thought first this week was a good move, it's just what I needed to hear. It is nice to only be focusing on others and not just myself, I think that that is why transfers are so hard, I come to like the people that I've invested myself into. But charity is very important. I'm pretty sure that that's what life is all about. Learning to do what God wants us to do, which in turns means us helping others as much as we can. Thanks for the thought, sorry that the hot water heater is being a peach. I pray for y'all!!

Mother. Sorry to hear about your typhoon ... I'm a tad bit jealous of all the banana bread though. Sounds like school is going well for you and Abi ... things in the full swing of it all. Glad that I'm, as dad pointed out, 5,500 miles across the deepest ocean in the world ... JK. I really did enjoy staying up late at night cutting out various images for third grade ... especially when it meant ditching out on my own homework!!

TeJay and Crystal!!! Congrats on Spencer!!! I really love the name!! Don't get to busy that you don't enjoy life!!

JanDee and Jaden. The kids are so adorable!! Dad spent me some pics ... I love them so much!!

Smashed panda, teach me how to paddle board and I'll teach you how to kayak. Remember when I took that class with Ben? Well it's way fun and I'd love to go and do it again! Rafting sounds way fun! I'm way psyched for or next year, dibs on front seat.!! After two years of not swimming I'm kinda dying to get back in the water again!! 


Stormmablahblahblahnkalgjjdkskdkeodmdldkkskdjdkdlsldjfso!!!sN, Where are Kaleb and I supposed to go slack lining now? That was the only place where there were trees big enough to do it ... I'm heart broken ... I mean where can I go to karaoke on Friday nights now too! The Lazy Dog will truly be missed in my soul ... it's like a part of me just died ... Sorry that school is so rough ... lemme know how picts go ... I know as a student I was always worried what my teaches would say to mom and dad, and was always relieved to hear that they always praised me ... so maybe praise is the way to go ... unless here doing poorly ... then, well I don't know ...  Love ya!!!
What sane monster would try to eat me with a
man eating tiger lying beside me ...
As much as I don't love BYU or anything about them ... Parker Overy is part of vocal point, and frankly as missionaries there's not much music that we can listen too, so I accidentally heard them do a cover of Nearer My God to Thee ... It was meh. But the point is, I really love the song. The line that stands out to me the most is "nearer my God to thee, even though it be a cross that Raiseth me, still all my song shall be, nearer to thee" I love this line because it always reminds me that even though his life is hard, and it sucks sometimes, and we really don't want to do some of the stuff that we have to do, it's all for the betterment of ourselves. Sometimes we struggle with work, sometimes we struggle with a new calling, new roommates, or the loss of old friends, but we need to realize that God gives us these goings so that we can grow; for example I have a really hard time loving things. Or I did. It was hard for me to get attached to stuff, I'm not sure why, but it was. Now here I am struggling to say goodbye to some people that I've only known for four months, and it's terribly hard. It's icky when I look around and say that is it that God needs me to do and I'm doing his work so I should probably do it his way ... that all makes sense. I loved dad's spiel about charity this week cuz I've been thinking a lot about it. It's me and my selfish desires that want to stay here. Yeah, it's good that I love the people and that I'm sad to leave, but in Abiko there are probably people waiting for me to find and teach them, and if I don't throw my heart into it I may, or may not, ever find them and have the same wonderful time that I've been having the last couple weeks here. I'm not really excited to transfer, but I'm realizing that no matter where I go or what I'm doing it's probably going to be just about the same as where I was before. Just different people, with different problems, and different miracles waiting to happen.. I'm pretty excited, I decided that this transfer I'm just going to do what God wants me to do and work ... well be humble and ask my companion to join me, but let's me honest, he's probably more humble than me already. I hope that it goes well!!

Thanks for all you do for me and what not, hope that you all have a
great week!!! Love, Griffiths Choro!!
9052 7873

No comments:

Post a Comment