Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, June 16, 2014

DD 8.25 ... and then he let go and watched me go ...

So, did you buy the raincoat? We hope and pray you did.
Totally did ... I miss being wet all the time.

Send us a picture of the shoes and we will get some more to you? Wet feet equals foot infections! None of us want that, including your companions! Then please send a picture of your shoes, we are curious!
Will do ... it's not too bad.

What is Rezentes Choro teaching you to cook? Dishes you can replicate here at home?
Just like curry and stuff with all sorts of spices and what not, that's what I'm learning, what spices go well together.

Do you still have your umbrella? Does it work in monsoon season?
The umbrellas in Japan are way better ... they don't blow out all the time. So I just borrow one from the church.

 How did you purchase the raincoat?
With the money that I have left from my bike … yeah, I'm quite frugal.

Can you wear the boots during monsoon season or are they too hot?
Way too hot.

So where did you get a fan? Or do you have it lying around to keep you cool? or to dry your clothes? or maybe you have one because of the high humidity?
... maybe all of the above.

Your email was hard to read (I am a master at interpreting your auto correct but I just couldn't do it). Did you say you are getting Facebook on the 26th?
Yes, it might be tomorrow though; we are not really sure.
P.S. I thought that I was getting better at typing; I guess, just not right.

Why are there only 2 district meetings this transfer?
Because it is a really short transfer!

Did you do anything for being out a year? (I've heard people like ... burns shirts or something ...) How do you feel about it? sad? or ok?
It’s sad ... I ate a bowl of chocolate bars as cereal with iced hot chocolate instead of milk ... I think I'm broken ... as I was eating it, I thought, this is a little too sweet for me. I know, right, I’m broken for sure.

Do you ever hear from Jon? (your roommate)
Sometimes ... Sweden turned him into a cat ... I got a picture and everything.

Is your iPad OK … even though it's gotten wet from the rain?
Like I said ... or not, I put it in a ghetto plastic bag inside of my bag under my coat … and then I pray.

Do you have sufficient funds from your monthly allowance to purchase the rain coat? Just a heads up, we are obsessed with you buying the rain coat, we really hope you bought one so you don't have to answer all these questions.
I used personal funds left over from my bike ... it was cheap remember.

Have you started wearing your rain pants yet? Do they perhaps have pockets that you can stuff your iPad into??
No pockets; see above question for iPad info.

How are things going with Brother A, he of the cool backpack?
He’s doing real good. Set a baptismal date, loving church and wants to dendo his family and peeps too.

How are your teeth? Need more floss?
I'm good. Floss all the time ... and I still have a lot left, but really, I do actually.

How often do you buy, or eat American food?
... I live in Japan, what is American food? Doughnuts, there are no doughnuts here that are on the same scale as America.

What is the best meal Rezentes Choro has cooked for you so far?
He made pancakes with homemade banana syrup this morning.

Give us a report on your district? Everything going well?
Everyone is awesome!!!!!! so many miracles this week, more on that later though.

Father dearest father ... You'll get more later, but for now I just wanted to say that you are the least stealthy in code words for my vhfsjoapkfsbvjoer. I mean really? Stars and hashtags? I didn't even have to read the surrounding paragraphs to know it was my vhfsjoapkfsbvjoer. I to jest ... well I did appreciate that cypher ... I look forward to the challenge. Mwhahahahahah. Glad to hear that the lawn is going well, hope that you can start mowing it by July, that would be really sweet!!! Maybe we’ll have a back yard by the time I get home, and I can be like, remember the time you all put in the grass without me? That was nice, thanks for not waiting for me. That'll be a good day.

Mother of mine; worrying about things are so crazy ... if it makes you feel any better ... I have nothing to say to make it feel better, except that I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off all day long. That is hilarious about grandma ... I need to write her BTW, don't let me forget.

Sam: the most remembered thing in your letter, David ran it in 1:37; I totally did it in 1:30 last year, what!!!!!! Up!!!!!! … I’m not always awesome, but ... oh wait, yeah I am.  Also all the converts sound way legit!! I’m jealous, but not really, preaching the word of God is way better, more on this later. I'm psyched for America, but Japan lost already ... sad it's kind of a bummer.

Storm ... I've heard that you water the grass better than anyone else in the whole world ... I'm dying to go to heaven and watch the entire scenes, over and over and over again ... Love it … good word pictures too. I so glad that you’re so chipper after the half marathon, Sam almost died. Thought she wasn't going to make it, and then there is you , just bouncing along with not a care in the world, no training or anything at all ... you gotta love it!

So this week ... well nothing really happened, then I went on splits with the zone leaders, Seto Choro, he's going home this transfer, so he's going hardcore ... he didn't tell me that I was doing bad, but he just took me by the hand and went hard core, and then he let go and watched me go that hard ... it was nice, I felt so empowered and was reminded that I could do this, and do it well. So after splits Watanabe Choro came back and said that the he learned the same thing ... so up we just started to dendo like crazy. Taught like three lessons in three hours, and then got all of our old investigators back and found some new people simply by walking into the church ... yeah ... it's pretty sweet, we have a baptismal date and two people that are ready, they just won't commit yet because they are so busy ... good week, I just started asking myself, what would God want me to do, right now? Pretty much I just barely decided that if I truly try to do what God wants me to do and only that, it usually works out. Pretty much things are going really well.

So the district ... everyone has at least one baptismal date, and I was able to do an interview on Sunday for Sister S. She is going to get baptized on the 29th of this is month. Then there Sister J and Brother JP, they're from the Congo, they are planning on getting baptized on the 20th of July, and then there is Brother S who is scheduled for the 6th of July and Brother A is scheduled for the 27th of the July ... We’re all doing fairly well. We went from being the worst in the entire zone, too, I don't want to say leading it, but were close ... Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!! I've literally been so happy the last few days, just because we have been running around all the time. On Sunday we had a three hour lesson with our man Brother F ... he's really good too, but just loves to talk ... like seriously ... for like two and a half hours he talked ... good time though, switched numbers with the member we were with. Way legit!!!

Also this week I found the best auto correct ever ...

So spiritual message time!!! So this week we saw lots of miracles. And it was really cool. I just wanted to share my favorite scripture Mormon 9:17-21. It's just says that we need to have more faith to see miracles. In the last couple days we saw a lot of cool things happen here in Kawagoe. I decided that all it took was for us to believe and desire for the best to come. When we did, it was miraculous!! I loved every second of it and am excited for it to keep happening, and I know that it will!!!

Love you all!
8069 7395

No comments:

Post a Comment