Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, June 9, 2014

DD 8.15 ... Tis Monsoon Season ... Good thing I love me some swimmin' ...

Does Kuroiwa Choro’s parents know about the accident?
Yeah, he wrote them last week.

What did the mission president have to say about the accident?
Hmmm, glad you're not dead, be careful.

Were you with Kuroiwa when he had the accident?
No, I was in our apartment

Who took the picture if it wasn’t you?
White Choro sent it to me.

How is Kuroiwa feeling now? Has the accident affected his confidence on the bike and in his ability to serve as a missionary?
He's been grounded from his bike for a week, but he's doing good.

Did Elder Kuroiwa's bike survive his accident?
Yeah, it didn't even get scratched. He's doing great by the way; he is getting his stitches out today and than he is going to be all good.  Mom shouldn't
worry, I wasn't with him. Kuroiwa got grazed by the car because it ran a red light. Mom will be glad to know that I am a little more careful than I was being before.

Is your district still the same?
Pretty much! Sister Tenorio left but Sister Mondano came down from Sado. She's Filipino, and all we have here are Filipino's ... So that's nice.

What was your best experience this week?
Cooking with Rezentes Choro!

We heard this is a five transfer week to compensate for last transfer's seven week effort; is this true?
Yes.

Do you get a bunk bed now? or still on the futon?
Still on a futon.

Did you get the video from Sam?  We loved yours from last week, it was the best!!!  We watched it over and over again. You look really good!  We'll keep practicing!!
Couldn't see it. Strike that ... totally got it to work ... y'all are not as good at it as I am though ... sad day ... keep practicing, maybe by Christmas y'all can blow my mind.

How is your English class going? Any more students?
It's good. New people every week.

Do you know Matz? Or is it just a video you use? So impressed you understand every word!
It's just a video we use. It's fun...

Parentals: Thanks for the heads up about the places to go; we go to Kawagoe quite bit actually. It's pretty nice. There are a lot of people there. I'll have to check some of them out this transfer or next. As always, thanks for the advice.  Good luck and keep being An awesome dad!!! Happy early Father's Day, I'm gonna write you a better letter next week when I have more time, so be looking forward of of it!! It's going to be pretty great!!! I love you Dad!

So this week was pretty good. Being District Leader again is fun, but the best part of the transfer is going to be Rezentez Choro ... his dream in life is to be a professional chef ... yeah, we use spices and everything, it's way legit. Also, he's totally teaching me how to cook. Cumin Salt and a variety of Peppers are a really great combo BTW. Things here are good. We are all really crazy exhausted, but I'm alright. Some cool things that happened this week: we got a call on Saturday ... then we had two people come to church! One of them was referred to us and one of em we actually found, he's Filipino, Brother A is way cool! In fact ... his level of coolness can be described by his back pack ... which is leopard print ... ... Yeah, boss. Other than that, not much really happened this week.

So yeah, I don't really have much to write about this week, but I know how crazy thoroughly y'all read all these emails so think that I might try to ramble on for a bit more.

This week I realized that my shoes are getting less and less waterproof ... there are tiny cracks in the soles of the right foot shoe on both pairs ... and since it is monsoon season this week, you might say my feet are pretty soaked through all of the time ... well, the right foot is. It's all good though, I got the fan set up to dry em off and what not. Plus, the water here is quite warm so it's not too bad ... tis quite nice actually. I think that I am going to invest in a rain coat today though. I think that I found one that will fit for like twenty bucks ... not to shabby! Frankly I don't mind being soaking wet ... years of swimming made me this way, but my Books of Mormon and everything else that is made of paper and (my iPad) don't quite feel the same way ... ... right? They are so lame. I think that the rain coat will be a worthy investment ... plus, I can use it in the winter and stuff ... they are pretty good quality.

Something spiritual that I learned this week was that Satan never gives up and he never gives in. He'll take the slightest doubt in your mind and twist and distort it til you don't know what is right anymore. He's pure evil and wants everyone to be as miserable as he is. Even though it may seem like people that are following him are having fun now, and even though their behavior may appear easy and desirable to those who look at it, it's not going to be desirable to God ... which in the end, is the only thing that counts. Some of the people that are being taught by the missionaries are just so blinded by Satan that they can't see what God has in store for them. They don't understand that they have so much more to gain by trying their best to follow the commandments, then they don't, by not making the promise to follow them. It's really frustrating sometimes! It's like they are just sitting there so focused on a piece of cake that they fail to see the rest of the buffet that's waiting for them. Satan has narrowed their view so much that they won't even look to see what God has to offer.

Well, I gotta jet soon, but I just wanted to say thank you for all the emails! They helped out a lot those a last week!!!

Love,
Elder Griffiths
7952 7361

No comments:

Post a Comment