Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, April 28, 2014

DD 7.25 ... it's a good opportunity to do some good old fashion learning from others ...

So I totally got the package full of candy, Abi’s letter also. The note inside was good, but the empty egg was the best part ... always is. I'm not gonna lie, it really made my whole week. I need to learn how to be more Christ-like ... A lot more Christ-like. Like an insanely amount more Christ-like. I think that's a good learning experience, and in the grand scheme of things I don't really need to worry about if it's been a hard week. 

Anywho, thanks for the pep talks ... Helped me out a lot, this week was pretty good. We taught a lot ... well our stats say that we did, but it doesn't feel like we did ... it's weird, but our peeps are doing real good, we will all probably have some baptisms coming up. Well they should be there already, all of them want to get baptized, they just don't have a desire to keep the commandments, like coming to church ... It's quite frustrating, but it's a growing experience for all of us.


Shopping List
Are you still riding the train or have you figured out the bike routes?
We figured out most of them ... which is good because we were running seriously low on funds this month.

Who all do you live with? Any of them runners?
White Choro wants to run, but we can't go unless we do splits for the day, but it's all good. I figured out some other stuff. Have you ever heard of Burpees? Let's just say, I do some of those, and my heart rate gets going, then I do some more ... And then some more ... and then some more ... and some more ... It's fun!!!

My talk again: Name the top things that helped you decide to go on a mission? 
  • Honestly, it was moving out and going to college. All my roommates there were awesome and really motivated me to go.
  • Setting the goal to go when I was younger really helped.
  • Seeing TeJay go made me want to.
  • Having dad go was a big part to!
Pretty much, I saw what it was doing for the people around me and I knew that at the very least it would strengthen my testimony. So I came, realized I was here for the wrong reasons, and repented! I would say others, influenced me the most, their good examples!

How far do you live from church?
I can see it from my apartment.
There is a Gym on the 4th & 5th floors
but it is not finished because that are not enough members to need it yet
I'm gonna change that though
What is the closest train station from your apt?
Yanasegawa

Any word on the phone call arrangements for mother's day? Can hardly wait!!!
Haven't heard anything.

Will you be eMailing us earlier in your new area? Or is this just an early day for you?
Today we are just a little earlier, we studied at the church, so figured we would just get it out of the way.

What is the word on facebook?
Nothing yet ...

Mom, thank you for using the phrase "momma bear" nothing like being compared to a Baby Bear to make you feel like ... well ... a bear! Awesome!!! I’m doing a lot better this week. I just studied the plan of salvation a lot, and tried to look at the eternal perspective of things. It made me realize that if I'm going to get to heaven I’ll have to be more patient. Sorry that this week was kinda stressful! It made me realize that my problems are not so bad, and that I'm probably just a little bugged because I'm about to turn twenty. Puke BTW. But I’m glad that things are looking up! Thanks for always being such a good example to me all the time!

TeJay ... You’re such a parent. Good for you though, not spending too much money on cool stuff that isn't really a need in the moment. I'm proud of you. I'm a little insulted. When you added the show and who the actors were after their real names it seemed as though you assumed I lived under a rock my whole life. Thanks for the reminders though. It's the thought that counts right? Thanks again for being such a great example to me my whole life! You rock! Sorry that the kids play in your newly planted lawn though, always a bummer ...

Smashed potatoes ... I mean gravy. Thanks for the sermon, it actually helped a lot. Let's just say that I may be taking your advice this week sometime. I’m trying to sort everything out and make our apartment a happy place to live ... pray for me, you know how perswasive I can be ... also I apologize for what I just did to that word ... sorry. Sorry that being done with Artec was so hard, do me a favor, and write down what you learned from that experience, and keep it somewhere then you can review it like every year ... or next time that you get a calling that you think will be too hard!!

Stormmamfjofmsklcjkf ... thanks for the letter, it was really good!! Sorry about the little kid who is such a challenge ... Sometimes I feel the same way. Thanks for the encouragement and all the compliments ... Frankly it was easy to be a peacemaker. I just suggested that we make cookies and everyone is alright ... No big deal or anything, but when I get back, were making no bake cookies and death bars ... because well, I'm a cooking master!! Said in the really high pitched awesome voice of mine ... yeah, then we’ll eat them all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahaha thanks for the letter, sorry that I'm a little early today!

So we have interviews with Budge Kaichou on Tuesday, should be fun. Always got some good questions for him... with him being so successful and all, I figure it's a good opportunity to do some good old fashion learning from others now. Other than that this week looks pretty low key, we are going to try to set some baptismal dates with some people, but they have all been investigator’ing for a long time, so it might be a little hard. It's gonna be fun though!!
Missionaries serving in the Saitama Stake
Well, this week was rough ... Well I mean this week is going to be rough. I'm no longer young in five days ... That's like only 120 hours ... then I turn to the dark side. The downhill slope. The dreary days of droning around till I wither and die ... On the bright side I become legal in Japan on Saturday! Slim comfort, but still comfort none the less. I feel as though life is almost over, my teenage years; gone in a flash. No longer am I able to use the line, "I'm just a nineteen year old punk kid; I don't know what's going on" because yea, I'm no longer nineteen. No longer in my blissful youth. But thrown out, like a bone to the vultures. Cast out of my youth, try as I might I cannot stay, ne'er to return. Tragic is my life, whoa is me, and not but sad days await. My dreary lament. But, that's in like five days! Whoooooo!!! Young forever!! I'm pretty sure I'll never actually grow up. I may get older and start having my body and mind fall apart ... but, I'll never NOT get excited about cookies for breakfast, OREO CEREAL, cake for dinner, ice cream for dessert, running around the house with my nephews and nieces, terrorizing the villagers, and frankly, I'm keeping "baby minky" my stuffed bear from Yellowstone till the day I'm dropped in the ground by my beloved family, because let's be honest, we all know that I’ll likely die at thirty-five of a heart attack ... All that cake might just get to me.

Thank you for all that you all do for me and for all of us. Did you notice that I found the emoticons! They're way legit right!!! (Emoticons did not survive the transfer to the blog ... Sorry)

Love Griffiths Choro, still a little kid, I'm not even an adult in this country!!
Love you all ... By the way, remember when I bought that bear?


Looks like the Left
Foot is Bigger than
the Right One?
ps. I think I got a foot bacteria from my roommate ... That's what he said it was at least. I took some pictures, and I'm going to show Budge Shimai when I see her tomorrow at interviews, but lemme know what you think, it doesn't hurt or anything, not even itch. See picture below; I think a lot of it is just calluses, but there are little dots that he says is the same bacteria that he got, don't worry, busted out my flip flops this morning, and I only found out that he had it last night. I know, my fault for not using them all the time ... Sorry about that!
7102 6843

No comments:

Post a Comment