Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, May 5, 2014

DD 7.35 ... Well ... I really wanna see Abi graduating like a bear ...

How is your foot infection? Medication?
Pretty much all better, Neosporin twice a day for two weeks, but I'm feeling much better now, I will continue treatment to make sure I kill off all the super germs.

Who is Elder White's companion? Is he cool?
Kuroiwa Choro ... a fourth transfer Nihongo ... He's way legit, love him to death.

Sautéd Diakon
Diakon
What is diakon?
It is a large radish ... that's way cheap, and delicious!!! It's like a 100¥ for a huge foot and a half long thing of awesomeness ...

How were splits with the DL on Wednesday?
They were good ... a learning experience ...

Are you riding the train at all? Or just biking?
Biking ... mostly. Some places are just too far.

Is it monsoon season there? Super rainy? How is the weather?
We are just getting in to it ... the time is coming.

Do you need more contacts yet? about how many do you have left?
A lot ... too many to even count.

Does your neck ever bother you anymore? or did the new Nihon Bag totally fix it?
Totally fixed it.

Did you get the birthday wishes from Sam? Or the package? or Grandma's card?
Got them all, along with a card form my trainer (Watanabe Choro) and the Budges (Mission President) ... not gonna lie, my trainers card was awesome ...

Did you feel the earthquake this morning?
6.0 magnitude earthquake near Tokyo, Japan on 5 May 2014 @ 5:18 AM:
Epicenter: 34.862°N 139.312°E depth=155.1km (96.4mi)
98km (61mi) SSW of Tokyo, Japan
Yep, sure did, @ 5:19 in the morning... delightful!!!

Any word on the Mother's Day call?? Thanks for the info.
How about Monday my time at ten? So Sunday at seven for you?
(Note from the Kaichou:  Please make your phone calls between the 11th and 13th at a time that is convenient for you and your family.  Please remember that you may use Skype to call your parents or you may have your parents call your telephone.  Please keep your [phone calls] short (preferably no longer than 30 or 40 minutes) as stated in the white handbook.)

Do you have SKYPE available on your Ipad?
Yes.

Is FaceTime an option for your phone call??
Sadly no ...

Do you still meet with your district on a weekly basis, can you give us a quick report on the district. How is everyone doing?
They are good, we all need more people to teach, but everyone is good.

How was your interview with the mission president?
It was good, it made me look at the gospel in ways I never had before.

This week was pretty good. Got the package and all the letters, it really made my day. The unexpected transfer resulted in a rough couple of days, but all the love from the fam made it worth it.

Parentals: ... you’re so inspiring. I just wanted to say thank you for all the love that you've shown us during our lives ... you really are great parents. If I'm half as good a parent as you two, then maybe there will be hope for my  kids. You’re awesome!!!

TeJay and Crystal and fam and unnamed awesome child number two: I like Spencer myself, but I’m sure that whatever you decide will be an amazing strong child full of self-confidence and joy,  pouring out humility and love to those around him, just like the rest of his family.

JanDee and Jaden and children of my heart: thank you for the birthday wishes!! It meant a lot!! It is moving to know that you are all watching out for me!! I loved the cards from the boys ... I feel as though I have gotten quite a bit fatter though ... I'll just come home and go work out with my wrestling nephew to get back in shape I guess ... Love you guys!!

Sam ... You creeper. loved the pictures ... good to know Abi is using my old phone ... and still not gotten one. Love it. I'm interested in these two other people who rock climb ... you should hook me up.

Stormer ... Storm trooper. Remember that time when you said that you would eat your own ...? And now here you are. With the future of the nation in your hands ... shaping lives beyond measure, inspiring others to greatness, raising those who have fallen into despair. Yet still ... we have a picture of you ... graduating like a bear ... love it. You’re a boss, congrats on school being over!! Congrats on all the job offers!! I'm a little confused at what is going down with your living sitch ... are you working in SLC and living in Cache Valley? That’s a long commute dawg.
So this week was good. I ate a lot of sugar, got some shirts and a tie and some candy from the other Choros in my apartment  ... , it's all good, to be honest I really just wanted to dendo all day and not think about it.

Looking back it's been an interesting year. I've pretty much been a missionary for all of it, but I feel as though I have learned so much. I dislike being twenty ... mainly because I can't say that I a dumb nineteen year old anymore, but I think that I’ll get over it. It's been a fun and crazy year, nothing has ever been harder, but I wouldn't give it up for anything in the whole world. There are days when I feel like giving up, when I feel like I should just go to the apartment, crash on the floor, and eat until I die, but then I remember what Christ did for all of us, and how uneasy it was for him. So I forget going back, forget how tired I am, and knock on that one more door ... and frankly, it's usually not that door, but like a hundred more later that we find someone who actually needs the gospel in their lives. It's really a joyous time, but it's really, really frustrating sometimes. But, growing is always hard right? If it were easy, we would not grow so much. Sad but true.

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will send some now.  I love you and you’re all so amazing, I’m looking forward to Monday’ish, don’t quite know when yet.

Love Griffiths Choro ... who is now twenty.
7253 6964

No comments:

Post a Comment