Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, April 21, 2014

DD 7.15 ... five days ... Kawagoe ...

Brother C, Griffiths Choro, Brother T (in Togane)
Eikaiwa in Toke
In March only 4 were attending, he knew attendance could improve
So yeah, I totally transferred ... got the call on Wednesday, packed up and left on Thursday ... I'm in Saitama east zone, in the Kawagoe Ward ... it's good, my comp is Watanabe Choro, from South Jordan, Utah, he went to Bingham, petty cool, good Japanese, nice kid, transfer six ... just one transfer less than me.

Are you still in a threesome?
Nope, I’m in a different zone, Stevens Choro is staying in Togane though, and he's the new DL.

How did you spend your Easter?
The usual, talked to some people about Christ, showed them the awesome ‘Because of Him’ video ... stuff like that, dendoed way hard.

Do you know how to play Cribbage? Sam is obsessed with teaching everyone, feel sad for us!!
Nope ... thank goodness I'm in Japan

What is your new companion's full name?
Watanabe Choro
Griffiths Choro and Watanabe Choro
Where is he from? What part of Japan?
America ... Utah ...

Do you ever wish you had a head lamp? Are you allowed to wear them?
I have one, I use it every night when I pray ... and I look like a boss if I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Can you understand what the children are singing when they sing in Japanese?
…Yes I Can!!!!!!!!! Whoooo! Understanding a four year old!!

Dad, I just thought that you should know that I have no idea about being a father ... but, having trained someone, I realized having others succeed is so much cooler than doing it myself ... thank you for the insight that you wrote me about! I've always like that scripture, but I liked your perspective, thanks so much! (Matthew 13:3-8 - Parable of the Sower; Dad's Commentary: the last line of the parable, as we sow our seeds, remember that we are our own source for our seeds.)

Mom, it is really nice to see the world form a child's eyes. I wish that I could go back and see people for the best that they are, and not understand cruelty or why people are so mean. It brings new meaning to the scripture that says we need to become like little children, not naïve, but innocent ... cool story, glad the kids are good. (Note from Mom's Letter: We had our Easter lesson in Primary today. Some of the children were shocked when we showed them the picture of Jesus hanging on the cross. One little boy just blurted out "but why would they do that?" Throughout the rest of the lesson, they just kept asking the same question, why did they do that? We kept explaining but they never really understood. They just couldn't comprehend that anyone would be that mean. Ahhh, to be so innocent that you don't understand that people can be cruel, or treat others badly. It is an eye opening experience to see things through the eyes of a four year old. I really do love teaching my class, four is the perfect age. They say everything that they think, and they think the world is a wonderful place.)

TeJay, I’m totally down with you not writing me every week, I wouldn't expect anyone to! Thank you for the thought and the letter though, always good to hear that you want to name B2 Stark or Sherlock ... how did you get Crystal to marry you again? Oh wait, you’re BOTH going to Comic Con, I remember :-). Sorry to hear that your kid likes to play in his own fecal matter ... thanks for the mental image by the way! Quite he word picture. Hope all is well!!


Space Potatos ... Pic sent by Sam
Sam ... Why didn't you just run the marathon? Problems solved! I heard about the ferry accident in Korea; terrible right? We did some English practice with some people, and read that story with them. About the mission in Taiwan ... way jealous!! Sounds awesome! I love it! I do remember the guy who was running ... he was way old ... like really old, maybe I'm thinking of the dad that was there too, but he was really old, like dad's age wasn't he? Hmmmmm interesting ... Terrible picture, by the way! Almost puked, and dropped my iPad ... You're evil.

Stormaggeddddonn, the dark lord of all ... still, remember when you thought Stormageddon was a monster, then found out it was a baby? Good times. Sorry that you didn't get the job, but who wants to work at a charter school anyways, you’re probably just too good for them, couldn't pay you enough, that's all. Sorry to hear about the lack of friends ... there's always a large bucket of ice cream, or Taco Tuesday ... my personal choice though would be Reese’s Stuffed Oreos ... you know it!! Get well soon, maybe read your patriarchal blessing. (Totally spelled that right!!)

So this week was interesting, got a call on Wednesday saying that I'm leaving Togane, to go to Kawagoe, get here and I’m companion with a Choro I've been of splits with beforehand. I’m pretty much the oldest missionary in the area except a Shimai who is a transfer nine, and White Choro, my doki, same transfer.

I miss being in the Chiba Stake like crazy, I didn't realize how valuable the Transfer Calls on Monday are, by waiting until Wednesday to get the call, I feel as though I was ripped out, right in the middle of doing something, and ended up in a strange land … totally out of my comfort zone. No chance to say goodbye, no final Sunday at church, no closure … but five days, all I have to do is make it five days and I'll be all right, I will love this place and I won’t want to leave … five days! That's what I've heard ... That's what worked before when I was transferred to Togane ... ok … I'm hoping that it works again. It's a good area ... I'll send some pictures too, but sometimes I really miss my old home ... I mean apartment. It’s been rough, but it's all good.

Does God ever give us way more than we can handle. Sometime I feel as though I'm just about to break and the only thing holding me together is the small voice that says, this is what missionaries do. They move, they go on, and when things get hard, they go hard, and do the work of The Lord. Sometimes it seems impossible that God, our Father in Heaven would do things to us that would seem to break us mentally or emotionally, or physically, but then we remember that this life is a test, and when are tests ever easy, we may have studied really hard before we came, and aced all the home work, but life isn't always like that, it's a changing test, full of problems and situations that we couldn't have studied for because we knew we would forget everything AND need to rely on faith ... Sometimes I really hate faith, it's supposed to solve all of our problems, but rarely can we see the results, or even the end, when we are in the middle of said problem ... life can be hard, and often times, life is extremely unfair. Sometime I ask myself if this is all worth it, if I can go another day, or even go another hour ... but then, we do, we hold one for one more moment, we go the extra hour, we do the things that we thought were impossible, and frankly should be, all because we have faith ...

Faith is what motivates us, faith is what gives us the strength to go on, because even if we have the desire to believe as Alma says, then that desire accesses the vast stores of energy or patience or whatever we need, that God is so willing to give to us in our time of need. It's ironic that the very word that drives me crazy sometimes, is the thing that keeps me going, I know that it will get better, I know that it will not be this hard forever. I know that no matter what happens, God IS my loving Father in Heaven, and is doing so much for all of us! Sometimes I wish we could see the chariots of fire and the angels round about us ... sometimes they are hard to see and feel. I know that they are there doing all that they can to help us out.

I love that knowledge. It brings such peace to mind, such comfort to my soul, and such joy to heart. Sometimes life is hard, but we just have to remember that life isn't all of it, there is so much to it than that, we just have to have a little bit of faith, and trust in God and in Christ, because of him, because of them; we, and all things that are wrong in this life, can be made right.

That's my spiel for the week, I wanna go back and make if all poetic and awesome, but I can barely read what I wrote, sorry about that. Good Luck Dad, thanks in advance.
Love you all!!
Elder Griffiths
I always had a good nose ... and it led me to pure joy!!
Pure Joy
7008 6808

No comments:

Post a Comment