Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, October 28, 2013

DD 2.65 ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU DADD!!!!

What day of the week do transfers occur on?
They happen on Thursday.

Did you get a picture of the temple on T-Day?
I got some with me and my MTC companion, but I forgot my cord today, maybe next week. My bad!

How is your 40 days of fasting going? When do you fast? How many days have you fasted already?
I fast on December 10th.
We received a message from the Mission President on the 14th of October, in it they told us of the 40 Day fast, we assumed that all missionaries would schedule 40 days of fasting throughout October, November, and December.  It seemed challenging, but doable.  This makes more sense now, throughout the mission there will be 40 days of fasting ... there are 40 areas, each area will fast one day, thus the mission will have fasted 40 days.

Did you feel the earthquake early Friday morning?
I did not.

Any power outages or damage due to the earthquake?
Nope, no problems here

Where do you buy the melonpan rolls? Or get them at a member’s home?
Any convenience store or the melonpon shop down the street.
Trenton apparently is going to spell it "melonpon." Google shows both, with a trend towards "melonpan."

Did you find the Pinocchio picture?
Not yet
When we found Trent's apartment last week, we saw a small sign with Pinocchio on it and challenged Trent to see if he could find it.

How did your appointment with "have I got a book for you" guy go?
We are meeting him on this Thursday, but I called him and he was way excited to meet with us.

Are you wearing your jacket or coat yet?
Today I’m rocking the short sleeves.

Any frost yet? Leaves falling? Changing color?
Nope. But there are not many trees here in Chiba

Tender Mercy for the month of October?
See transfer info below

How is the Chiba Ward being impacted by transfers?
Later

How's your bike holding up?
It’s pretty good. We go to the bike shop pretty regularly so he keeps ours in check.

Tell us about a bicycling adventure. Lights failing, riding home in dark? Run into any signs? Dad said his bike always broke and he learned to fix it with channel locks and a screwdriver. Any repairs? 10 flats in a day?
My bike has missionary steroids, so it’s indestructible. Williams has actually had three accidents so far, but thanks to his holy calling as a missionary, he is fine; his front brake no longer works, but we are going to the shop today to see if our guy can fix it.

In our Priesthood Quorums we are talking about missions and things you can do on P-Day. What is your most memorable P-Day experience so far?
My second P-Day we went shopping and found a new investigator, usually though we just study in the apartment and such, I haven’t really had a lot of fun experiences on P-Day yet. We had a zone P-Day once, and that was really fun!

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for.
Watnabe Choro is transferring to Joetsu
Williams Choro is leaving me and going to Togane

and I’m staying in Chiba Ward ... with … wait
fooooooooooooooooooooooooooorr it …







… The Zone LEADERS.

I’m not entirely sure what I did to deserve this, but for some reason I’m now working with the Zone Leaders ... apparently I was a terrible missionary and now the ZL’s are here to keep me in check. This should be fun. Yeah ... I’m not sure what is going to happen, one of them is Nihongo and the other is like transfer eight, so yeah. They are coming from different areas/zones, and will be coming to Chiba for the first time; so I will be showing them around, talk about pressure. Pray we don't get lost.

So this week, I heard that priesthood line of authorities is now available from the church? What’s up with that?

"Columbia Airlines Flight 409" has a midair collision
on approach to Salt Lake International
Also I heard there is a movie called Airport ‘75, which was filmed in Utah … about a thousand years ago, let me know if y’all have heard of it, and if you have why haven’t you shared that little piece of movie trivia with me.

The package you sent was excellent, the fudge was delicious! And the Reese and Twix bars always brighten my day.

I seriously love melonpon BTW; this week I found chocolate chip melonpon ... let’s just say that I almost died from excitement; and yes, I have a picture.

Every week since I've been here we have been volunteering at a mental disability home called Desmadago, and it’s always way great, but last week we got to help build little treasure chests and I got to use a little miniature band saw to cut the wood, it was so great!!!!! Well, it was an exciting part of my week; that’s all.

What are the hardest parts of missionary life?
Shaving every day; I hate it. I have no plans to attend BYU, I’m USU through and through.
And the metric system ... I have no idea what it’s all about, and it still makes no sense to me; clearly I should have paid attention in 3rd grade. I really miss that about America, our stubbornness about not ever changing our beliefs about how we measure stuff!

Charles T. Whipple
pen name ... Chuck Tyrell
Picture of the Resolution
docked in New Zealand
shortly before the crash in 2008
Oh so this week I found out that one of our ward member’s is famous! His name is Charlie Whipple and his pen name is Chuck Tyrell, apparently all of his books and yes, plural, are all really good. He also built a boat and tried to sail around the world, but crashed near New Zealand. He’s such a stud, he built the boat himself and, like everything in it … by himself!!! It is great!!! So he’s in the hospital because he fell off his boat and into the Tokyo Bay and got a leg infection ... hopefully he doesn't loose his leg to the waters too, he lost his left index finger making his boat, but if he does lose his leg, we decided we are going to get him a wooden one so he can be a Pirate.

This week we found a really good PI housing and right afterwards Watanabe Choro said “That’s why housing is so sweet!” I just wanted you all to know that I taught him some really good English …

So yeah, this week was pretty good transfers happen on Thursday and should be all sorts of fun.

Sam, how was your first, “second-hand high,” at the concert … and yes you can get them, so please be careful ... that was kinda funny though. I can’t believe that the lens from your glasses fell out and you didn't even notice ... sorry to hear that, I bet you looked funny for the rest of the day with only one lens in.

Abi, sorry that you made too much rice today. I actually made too much, well not to the scale that you did, just a little too much, it was a little under cooked, and a little crunchy ... whoops! but we live and learn!!!

I hope that all is going well this week, I’ll let you know how working with the ZL’s is going next week, should be a fun experience that’s for sure!!!

Love you all and thank you for all the love and support!!!
1995 2640

No comments:

Post a Comment