Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, October 14, 2013

DD 2.45 ... Kore wa chichi no tame ni. Kare ga nihongo ga hontōni sukida to shi tmasu. Tanoshimu kudasai ...

How often do you write in your journal?
     Every Night

Did you get any mail this week? Did you get the letter w/ the call and the birthday list?
     Yes!!! Thank you so much!!

Did you get Sam's letter yet? (the one w/the bear tweets)
     Yes ... I’m with mom, I didn't think that they were that funny ... but it might be because I’m on a mission, not reading them at two in the morning ... keep following them and I'll review them when I return.

How was conference? Where did you watch it at? How many sessions did you get to watch?
     We got to watch all the sessions at the church!

Do you get the Ensign? Would you like us to send you the conference issue when it comes out so you have the talks? (if so, Japanese or English?)
     We get the Liahona in English, so I’m all good!

Is it still just the 3 of you in your apartment?
     Yep

Any word on the internet in your apartment yet?
     Nope

If you don’t have the internet, how do you turn in your numbers to ... honbu?
     We call our District Leader or the Zone Leaders and they do it for us.

Part A: How was the weather last week? We heard it was supposed to be rainy, maybe storm a lot? The remnants of typhoon Denas passed over Tokyo - did it have any impact on you? Lots of rain we bet.
     There was no rain last week, there was a lot of wind ... but it was actually way gorgeous!

Part B: Typhoon Wipha (Yes these questions are being dictated to me by dad, that's why they are so specific) is on its way .It'll roll through Tokyo on the 15th (Wednesday) Do you hear about the typhoons ahead of time? Do you refer to them by their name? Does the Kaichou warn you????
     No, we usually just check the weather, or our Ward warns us ... we'll be alright though! Thanks for the concern!

Did you buy a thumb drive?
     Yes, I found one that was 8GB for ¥600 ... so yeah, bought that!

Do you feel like you have gained or lost weight since you've been there?
     I am still 75 kgs ... whatever that means. (it means he is 165 Lbs)

Dad is seriously not satisfied w/ the information we have about your companion – Williams Choro. I feel ok, but dad only remembers that he went to BYU Idaho. Do you know what city he is from? What is his first name? Do you know what his major is? Pretty much any info would please mom and dad. (Definitely his Name and City).
     His name is Williams Choro (Full Name edited to maintain his privacy), he is from Lapeer, Michigan (about 60 Miles, or 1 hour, north of Detroit), and he was studying mechanical engineering ... his favorite food is pizza and he really likes monkeys ...

How are your rain pants?
     MARVELOUS!!!

Dad wants to know a bit about your missionary work - how many discussions did you teach last week?
     Last week was really rough ... we didn't teach many, we taught like three maybe four; on the bright side, I found a new investigator this week, here is Sister S's story ... she said that she can’t meet with us until the first Wednesday of November, which is kinda sketchy, but she took a Book of Mormon anyway because she really wanted to read it ... she then went and bought us a drink ... I wasn't sure what it was until I went back over to my companion ... I was about to drink it but he was all like, "where did you get that?" of course, I was all like, "My home girl, Sister S., done bought it for me cuz I done changed her life!" (yes it was a girl, it seems like all the people that talk to me are women, right? its way sketchy, but more referrals for the Shimais) then he said that it was iced coffee and I should probably teach the word of wisdom next time first ... yeah, a little bit of a downer.

Do you guys split the discussions evenly or does Elder Japan do the most and Elder Idaho the least?
     We try to split it up so that we all teach evenly, but Elder Japan usually answers the questions.

How is Elder Idaho coming w/ his language skills? Do the two of you drop into English when you are talking to each other?
     We really try not to, but sometimes we do, he’s really good! Better than me probably!

Is it cooling off there? If so, how are you staying warm? Are you wearing your sweater yet?
     I busted out my sweater from the suitcases today!!! But, I haven't worn it yet, it is way cool here now, I love it!!!!

Did you dry clean your suit? Was it expensive? Did you do both suits? How did it go?
     The first one was only ¥700 because we are now new members, but I don't know how much the next one will be, probably around ¥2000.

What was your favorite talk/quote from general conference?
     The doubt one by President Uchtdorf (First doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith.) or the challenge by Elder M. Russell Ballard for Ward Member to find a new investigator by Christmas ... challenge extended ... I’ll try to find a couple more, but I would love it if you all did too!

This week was pretty good, I got Sam and Dad’s letters, they were really good!! Thank you for the list of stuff and the Japanese words from dad, I would try to add more in my letters, but they are really hard to spell out in romaji and then when you try to add them in hiragana they switch to kanji... and since there are like three or four kanji for every pronunciation, I don't know which one is right ... yet.

So last week I bought a new bag for ¥1000 and a new tie for ¥100 ... it pretty sweet too. Dad’s letter got here on the tenth, and Sam’s got here on the eleventh ... I don't know why they got here so fast, but I'm not complaining.

This week I had to go to a second transfer training … I think I understood all of it pretty much and took like two pages of notes ... the whole thing was in Japanese ... All right, go me!

Sorry I’m a week late, but I really liked President Monson’s talk in priesthood, it was all about the good shepherd and how we need to lead from the front and be good examples, not the bad shepherd whole tells us where to go and then lazily follows us ... I took this pretty hard, as a missionary we are to be examples in the church leading people to Christ and to his gospel ... now the hard part, as a family we need to help the missionaries more often! By inviting non-members over when they come to dinner and being willing to be joints for their lessons. But most of all, we need to be a good example of a Mormon to all those around us. I know that when the members help us out, it makes all the difference in the world! Referrals are the greatest people and they already have a friend in the church. So like Elder M. Russell Ballard said, I would invite all of you to try to reach out and extend an invitation, that’s all just an invitation, to someone who you know that is not a member; maybe even a less active member to remember the truth that they once knew; whether they knew the truth before we met them or the truth they knew before they came to this earth ... mainly I’m talking to Sam and Abi here, specifically your roommates, what a great missionary opportunity!

Anyways, enough about that, I am excited to get the package that you all sent! The tooth brushes ... oh the glory! I’m way pumped! So yeah, this week and conference was pretty good, I really did miss going to priesthood with dad, I remember last year when we were not able to get into the conference center, we went over to the tabernacle, that was way great! Hearing all the stories about when dad was young and went to conference with his dad ... also this week my companions and I started talking to each other a lot more, we tried to get to know each other and I realized I have no idea how our wonderful parents met ... I mean I know the lasagna story where dad complained and mom stopped him from eating it ... but like how did you guys meet and stuff ... I'm really curious! 

So yeah, this week was pretty good, we had to move our baptismal dates back and drop an investigator, he is part of the Setsurio Church ... he just refuses to let go of the attention that they are giving him and he can't come to our church because they are at the same time ... even though, and here’s the kicker, he swears that the Book of Mormon is the true word of god! Right? How can you fjdsklaghjdsghjk I just don't know any more about him ... we are meeting him for ramen on Tuesday and then likely won’t see him again … probably … I hope he comes to know the truth sooner rather than later.

Well, I am going to try to send some pictures now, so until next week. Oh wait, there is an Elder in my zone who knows Greg, this is for Abi ... Also there has been no news of a tsunami or anything this week. Sorry to hear that mom got lost on way to the Relief Society outing, … Sam had to use the free hair straightener ... #FirstWorldProblem if I ever did hear one.

Abi, what is an ethnic book club, I still do not understand ... and how is the Portuguese club going? I hope that it is fun; I plan to join the rocket team, concrete canoe club, and the Japan club … assuming they have them when I get back; I’ll also join all the engineering teams that compete against BYU so I can crush them, or rather, put them in a box and the box in a bigger box, and then mail it to myself, and when it arrives I’ll SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA (name the movie!)

Next up, pictures! Hopefully! (Some pictures were placed in earlier Blog Entries when appropriate)

The View from our apartment balcony
Teaching Aid
Teaching Aid
This is some of the stuff that
we make to put on rice.
and pasta for food sometimes
1415 2400

No comments:

Post a Comment