Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, November 4, 2013

DD 3.15 ... The Howl @ USU ... The Streets of Shibuya ...

What are the names of your new companions, where are they from? (Dad would like a picture as well.)
Asato Choro and Dunbar Choro. Photo is courtesy of Asato Choro
Asato Choro, Dunbar Choro, Griffiths Choro
Explain how transfers work, they leave, what do you do? How long before the new companions arrive.
We all leave on Thursdays and work with someone while they are transferring.

How is the new companionship working?
We are really busy.

Is Halloween a normal holiday to celebrate in Japan? Or did you just celebrate because you're American? Do they trick or treat?
There are a lot of parties ... that we avoided because, well Japan is not exactly Utah county, or even Utah, the rest of the year; so imagine The Howl at USU; but now in The Streets of Shibuya ...

Do they really not have Thanksgiving at all over there? (We realize this is incredibly arrogant to assume that the whole world should celebrate American holidays, but they are just so great!)
Nope, they sure don’t

Do you volunteer at the mental disability hospital every week? As well as English class?
We used to, don’t know what’s going to happen now.

Who is teaching in your English class with you now that Christensen Shimai is gone?
The other English speaking Missionaries

Did Williams Choro teach English with you?
Yes he did.

Have you worn your sweater yet? Do you need more warm clothes to layer with?
Yes, I’m all right!

Internet in your apartment now you have ZL comps?
Still no, maybe next week though!

Has it snowed yet?
Nope, short sleeves today.

Let's talk about your shower. How is it? Hot water? Do you have to bath? Do you wear shower shoes???
Instant hot water, and yes I wear the flip-flops

Most importantly, is the shower tall enough for you? Or is it Japan size?
It’s all good.

How is your hair gel holding up? Do you use it every day?
maamaa and yeah, that’s Japanese

How are your contacts holding up? Changing them every month or every 6 weeks?
Every six weeks; They are fine but I change them earlier if they’re bad.

Are you done with your twelve week language training program now?
I’m done with twelve weeks, but that has nothing to do with the language, so no, still learning Nihongo every day!

If you have finished the twelve week training, do you dendo all day now instead of staying at your apartment all the morning?
Yeah, well now we are mostly getting organized with the ZL’s.

We stole this picture from another missionary's blog who is serving in Japan.  Can you fill in the names and tell us why you were all together, was it a District Meeting?
Back: Griffiths Choro, Bischoff Choro, Burgin Choro, Watanabe Choro, Williams Choro, Hamada Choro;
Front: Christensen Shimai, Willden Shimai, Kondo Choro (District Leader)
So this week was really good, we have a lot of fun with the ZL’s, they are not as scary as I thought, I got a package from my Pine View crew this week! It was full of peanut butter and letters from them, I need to send them an email when I finish here.

This week was transfers, it was crazy, well, not much other than that happened, sorry, I don’t have much time this week.

Mom and Dad: I love that you scared the turkeys from the roof ... that's hilarious! Mom, maybe you should dress up a little more next year, really rabbit ears with matching shirts ;-) I’m sure that your costume was awesome!!!

Sam: I’m sorry that people keep hitting on you and that you are losing to your nemesis at work, that’s no fun ever. I hope that you are able to conquer and overcome. I hope that you are at least able to sneak in some more TV while pretending to email me ... the headphones were a rookie mistake ... and you have long hair. You need some Bluetooth headphones, ones without the cords. Then you’ll be really sneaky!

Abi: sorry that math is really hard. I hope that it’s all going well! Also don’t be stressed, it does weird things to your bowel movements ... I know from experience ... anyways, thank you for the image of dad on the roof, I got the same one as you, at least, I think. I hope that all is going well for you ...

Nothing too exciting happened this week, we have spent a lot of time at the church lately planning meetings and splits to do, now that it is all done I hope that we get to dendo more ... I’m way pumped to work with them, we busted out member presented lessons and all sorts of finding stuff over the last couple days ... we usually sprint back to the apartment ... literally sprint … one night we didn't have our bikes so we literally ran. The other night we just hauled on our bikes ... which is actually a lot of fun!!! It’s probably the best part of the day, except for the whole sharing the gospel part. Well, not to many stories this week … only the one.

So we are teaching a lesson in a park and this black guy that Dunbar Choro saw earlier comes up to us and asks us what we are doing ... yeah, he’s a new investigator, his name is Brother N. He was way interested!!! Miracle!!! That’s all.Love you all and hope that you are all doing wonderful!!!!

I gotta go write to my P-Veiw kids and tell them thanks really fast for the peanut butter, Its pure Skippy!!!

PS. Sam, those peanut butter things were way good, remember when I used to buy Great Value, Smucker’s is way better. I do like the GV though. All natsukahi, there ya go dad, so me nihongo for ya!

Love you all so much!!!
Elder Gjrfkelg;jfd
2206 2685

No comments:

Post a Comment