Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, October 7, 2013

DD 2.35 ... but still, I fog him to stop ...

How is Williams Choro as a companion? Can you give us some details?
     He’s pretty chill, just the usual new missionary stuff, he went to BYU Idaho ... that pretty much sums it up.

Has it snowed yet? Let us know when it does!!
     It has not snowed yet.

Do you carry your Kangaroo Pouch with you everywhere you go?
     No, I do need to get a copy of my passport from honbu though. They have my passport.

If so, what do you have in it? And where is your passport?
     At the mission home still, they knew we would lose them.

The parentals think it would be nice if you wrote a letter to Watanabe Choro’s parents after you get transferred. Do they read English? Do you have an email address for them?
     I am not sure if they read English or not ... I should probably ask him. His brother just got an award that only three others have ever gotten, he is going to an awards ceremony in San Diego, he has also been accepted into Harvard ... so I’m sure he speaks English.

Do the church computers have USB ports? Can't you use them to upload pictures?
     We are still working on it.

Do you have an English to Japanese electronic dictionary yet? Jeff Mack mentioned it when you went there for dinner, apparently they are super cool.
     No, I just use the dictionary we received at the MTC, its way good and has everything I need.

Have you had any incompatible power problems with electronic stuff USA vs. Japan? (I think the only electronic thing you took was your camera. can you charge it OK?)
     Everything I brought with me is fine, It looks like they use the same power here (USA=120V –vs- Japan=100V), the same two prong outlet, one side slightly larger than the other. Most power supplies can handle 100-240V.

How is the 12 week language training going? Still learning? Did you start the 12 weeks over when you got a new comp?
     We continued with the training with me, and whoever is here next transfer will start over and do the first six weeks with Williams Choro. By the way, it is not language training; it’s how to be a missionary training.

Do you have access to a printer? Do the church computers have printers?
     We use the copy machines at the convenience stores and the church if black and white is good enough.

Why did you ask about the death/funeral thing? Did someone have a family member die?
     Chase’s little sister died and his brother didn't come home for the funeral; I don’t know, I just felt like I should ask under the circumstances ... kind of scary right?

Health: hair, teeth, stomach, neck, any really bad issues this week? How are they all?
     They are all good ... I think. My neck has gotten better; I think that the stretches are helping.

Did you wash your white pants w/ the green shampoo? How did it go?
     It went really great! They are almost perfectly white! Again!

How are your 3 possible baptisms going?
     Interesting ... they are not all progressing as fast as they can ... I think that they just don’t have a lot of time to meet with us.

Did you ever decide what to do about a rain jacket? Just making do for right now?
     Right now I’m just making do. I haven’t decided what to do yet.

Did you buy a different shoulder bag for your stuff?
     NOPE! I’m going strong!! Just going to work through it.

What do you carry your Japanese scriptures in? Did you ever find a case for them or should we send something?
     I carry them in a plastic bag to protect them from the rain ... I bought a new smaller pair though, I will buy a case for them while I am here.

So when you say that the government shut down, what does that mean?

Chuck Keeton (USU)
Thank-you for all of the emails this week! They are way great! I look forward to conference. I heard about USU and Chuckie yesterday in church ... I almost cried, but I figure he has two years to get better and destroy everyone again before I get back, here’s to hoping that he knocks the pride right out of BYU next year, I’m just glad that I’m not in the country to listen to all the crap that’s probably going down.. Sorry about that Storm, you will survive, just give it a few weeks.  We must accept it, BYU won and USU lost ... that is always a bummer.

Sam, what are you going to do in your new apartment for internet access ... are you going to take Joan (Sam's 7 year old Computer)? I’m dying to know. Things here remind me of you guys too, unlike watching TV or driving my car or running;  it's more like wow, Sam and Abi would think I'm way dumb right now ... I should probably stop doing what I'm doing... and then I realize that what I'm doing right then is awesome and that its way effective missionary work.  So long story short, being my self and doing things that would probably embarrass you guys is what helps bring souls to Christ ... so this week I had a conversation with a man that started with are you a successful business man? Then we talked about what I should do with my life ... and then why I am in Japan, and then why he should come to church ... yea, apparently he doesn't have a lot of time ... ever!!! So I asked him if he had time to eat food? He said yes, and then I said, well so do we!!! Lets meet for lunch ... then it got all awkward and he said he had to catch the train but he would call us if he had time! He never called ... but still, I fog him to stop! I am excited to watch the new season of HIMYM, let me know if it is good or not, and like funny good not morally good; because  know that when I get back it won't be morally good at all ...

So about this test package, I found a flash drive here for 1200 yen and it is four gig, will I need a bigger one, probably because we are doing this thing called the playbook for the mission now, it’s where we get all of our visual aids and record what we taught and when we did to, so I don’t know what I should do, how much does one cost in the states? If it is cheaper than that maybe send me one, maybe let me know right now as you read this if you have an idea or a guess.

I was asked this week if there was another Elder Griffiths that served in Japan, I don’t think that there has been, but I’m not sure, so maybe let me know.

This week I was going on splits with two missionaries that were younger than me... it was actually way great, we found a referral for the sisters, and then received one, we also all had conversations in Japanese.... yeah. and then the next day we had to ride the trains back down to Oyumino by ourselves... me being the senior had to do it because no one else had the knowledge of how to work the cell phone... that’s right, I led three missionaries around Japan on the trains just fine ... well I accidentally stayed connected to the internet on the phone the whole time, but we were safe and didn't get lost at all! Wahoo go me!!!!!

Also this week I just want to thank all of you for raising me to be a good church member, it amazes me that there are times when some people just don’t go to church continuously; all their lives; especially at college. Or that their idea of fasting is to "not eat during church" yeah major respect level down there, but I just realized that the only reason I actually do those things is because I was raised and taught of the blessings that come from them. it hurts my heart when people treat the gospel lightly or with frivolity, and I wanted to thank you all for helping me realize that ... this is salvation. it’s a pretty big deal ... so yeah, there’s my spiel; thank you for all being good church member that converts and the missionaries can look up to. And speaking of missionaries, try not to kill any of them, even if they want to major in girls ... I mean he did say that he wants to go to USU, which is a plus! That’s hilarious though!!!! I can believe that mom and dad didn't see it ... oh well, lesson learned!

Not much happened this week, things are going good, we lost one of our baptismal dates because he has work all the time, he goes in at like 7 in the morning, gets home at like 8 at night ... apparently the company where he works is a Japanese and Chinese company that makes games, and right now the countries aren't on that good of terms, and so their workers who speak Japanese and Chinese are doing a lot of overtime ... and the worst part is they are not getting paid for it!!!! RIGHT??!!?!?!?!?!?! Ridiculous! So we haven’t met with him in a while, but hopefully soon we will be able to!!!

Not much else to say this week, thank you guys for emailing me all the time! you all rock and I love you guys so much!!!  I'm really dying to know what is on my blog, but I am not able to look at it at all ... once a week could you send me some of the posts that are added to it, I would like to know what actually gets put on the internet after it has been though your and moms editing and and then dads un-editing ... yeah, I would be interested. Let me know what you think ... just an idea though!

Things here are pretty good, I'm not really homesick ... as a matter of fact I'm not sure that I'm ever going to come home ... its pretty great here!
1221 2318

No comments:

Post a Comment