Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, December 29, 2014

DD 13.25 ... おはようございます!!、...

oh hey im ink would lids some queatipns!!,

How was the rest of your Christmas day?
We did the normal stuff, helped a member clean his yard, and then hit up the town where he lives. We found some less actives who came back to church after we boldly invited them to dendo ... we didn't quite know that they were less active when we were there ...

Did your baptism take place yesterday?
Yes, I baptized a sister, I'll get the pictures from Mayama Shimai later and send them to you!

Did your companion think we were lame? weird?
No, they all think you are hilarious!

How many times on your mission have you eaten nuts?
Like four or five ... oops.

Were any of them scary? to the point of you being worried and getting out your Epipen?
No, I was always calm. The people I was with thought I was going to die though ... 
How the Sisters teach English ...
Do the Japanese have Santa Clause? Does he bring toys?
Sometimes ... not a lot though. People who like America do, but most people just celebrate New Year's Day.

Are you back on your no sugar quest?
Of course not ... I'm almost out of candy though ...

Did you share your hot chocolate with your roommates?
We're drinking it tonight.

Which was your favorite 12 days of Christmas story?
The Santa's Team one

Is fudge the only food that doesn't travel well?
It all travels well!

What homemade treat would you like to try in a package next?
I miss it all so much!

Anything happening special for New Year's?
We're going to some members houses ... maybe. But we're cleaning all day on the 31st and then reading the Book of Mormon all day on the first, and then having a mission wide party on the second.

Do the Japanese celebrate New Year? What is their next big festival?
Yes, it's the biggest holiday of the year.

How's the work? Any new investigators?
Great!! We found like four new people last week, and a random former investigator came to Church and said that he wants to read the whole Book of Mormon before we meet next!
We go so wet ...
Father! Your family outing looks really fun! Can wait till next year when I'll be there!! I just figured out how to see the pictures ... I was in the wrong mode of emailing people ... basic html ... for convenient loading and what not. Thanks for all the letters and packages!? What is Amazon Prime, BTW? I have no idea!

Mother of mine! I'm so glad that I was the best part of Christmas ... next year is going to be a little sad when I have to try and be the best ... it's nice just winning with a phone call! Sounds like a busy week,  sweet  that Sierra is getting married in the temple!!! Yay!!!! I also just got a letter from Budge Kaichou telling me to be a boss for the next six months ... so don't worry about me getting trunky.
Impressive!!!
Sama llama! I like your friends!  Hurry and get better than me at snowboarding. I can almost carve, but if you could teach me when I get home, it would rock!!! Way funny about the bathroom ceiling leaking ... way unfortunate though!! I can imagine having to clean it all up!

Storm! I feel good about the onion ... I like it. If you want my advice on some stuff: pray about it. Prayer literally rocks. Like Elder Scott says, God, the most omnipotent being, King of the whole universe will stop what ever he's doing and listen to us when we stop and pray ... isn't it so cool?!, BUT THE QUESTION IS HOW TO GET ANSWERS!!! In the BOOK OF MORMON!!! Read after you pray and you are guaranteed to get the answer you're looking for! But you must be willing and have the faith enough to act on it when you get it. If you are not willing to act, you'll never get any answer at all

So this week was awesome!!.
Sister I. E. got baptized! We found her a couple weeks ago, and she was so filled with the spirit that after the service, she bore her testimony, and everyone was in tears, not me of course, tearless me was all like "whoa. She needs to teach everyone, like right now! She's a boss!" It was so powerful!!  We had no idea what hardships she was a facing when we found her, and thanks to God, she was able to overcome most of them in like five minutes... I love the Spirit and following its guidance!!!

Then we also found three new people on Friday. We decided earlier that we were going to pray with real intent before we tried to do anything anymore, and then we were able to see huge miracles this week!!! It was so amazing!!
I'm so classy ...
I talked to you all on Thursday, and I got some packages from some other people that I want to go write to, but I just wanted to leave you with this: God loves us and does so much for all of us. The very meaning of Christmas is that God gave us the gift of a Savior. He, who knows each and every one of us and loves us more than we can imagine, was separated from each of us. And thus knows how sad we must be on the inside. Not being with our Heavenly Father, nor could we ever be, because we are all imperfect. How humbling it is to know that Christ was sent for me, that He was sent for my weaknesses, for my trials, for my pains. And even more so, that He was sent for the people that I don't even know, and that because they don't know Him, God sent me to go find them. It's incredibly scary at first but when I remember that He sent Christ for me as well, it all becomes bearable. That to me is what Christmas is all about. Forgetting ourselves, and our weaknesses in order to help others overcome theirs. That's what Christ did. He forgot himself and showed perfect love for each of us! He really is the best gift!! And the best giver!

10955 9570

No comments:

Post a Comment