Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, December 1, 2014

DD 12.45 ... 愛する皆さん ...

Is Turley Choro still living in your apartment? or did he get transferred? Sam doesn't believe Dad.
Yep ... he's still here ... see below ... what are you all saying about him? He's dying to know!
Turley Choro & Griffiths Choro
Do you guys buy matching ties often or just that one time?
We wear them to church each week ... we bought some for the bishopric and the dendo shounin one as well.

Do you do anything to celebrate Thanksgiving?
We ate bottomless Indo curry with nan ... and said what we were thankful for ... and then ate ourselves sick!

How is the M family doing?
Good, going to read the Book of Mormon! Soon!!!

Have you heard the new Mormon Christmas message - "He is the Gift"?
Yes, I show it to everyone I meet ... I love it!!

Was it ok that we commented on your FB picture on Thanksgiving? Didn't know if it was ok.?
Yeah, totally fine!! I quite enjoyed it!!!

Any damage from the earthquake last week?
Not quite, it was like hundreds of miles away.

Do you have a 72 hour kit in this apartment?
Yes ... four actually! And a weeks supply of food!

Any big devotionals or firesides planned for Christmas in your mission this year?
Some concerts ... and some firesides and what not.

Do they sell any things that commemorate Christ's birth in Japan? do they have live nativities? or nativities for sale in the stores? 
Not especially!

It's been a while since you mentioned singing for anything, have you had a chance to use your voice as an instrument in the hands of the Lord?
Some times ... we're singing in a big thing in the next couple weeks.

What would you like us to put on your Quilt Square for Grandma ... do you have a quote or thought ... I was thinking of having Abi draw your Name Tag, but we would need a picture of it first? We are making gma a quilt for her 80th birthday. Everyone is drawing, or writing on a quilt square. Would you like us to do yours for you? What should we put on it? We need it back by the 13th of Dec so I don't think we have time to send it to you. Sorry!
I like the idea of the missionary tag ... I'll send you a picture of mine. I don't have a cool one with both English and Japanese, so I'll send you a copy of both and you can pick!!

Father, does peanut butter really attract mice? I'm dying to know! (They downloaded emails earlier in the day and were online sending them when they got mine ... I was late ...) Time is short, I wanted to say thank you, this letter is just what I needed right now, and it helps a lot. Thank you for always being worthy to have to Spirit with you when you write to me, it helps a lot, and I look up to you immensely for it. You're the best father that I ever could have asked for. Got to run, but I just wanted to say I love and miss you ... not enough to come home earlier than I have to, but I do. Thank you for all you do and have done as a father for all of us kids, you are amazing!

Mother dearest. I love that you used FB instead of FACEBOOK! Thanksgiving sounds nice ... not so many salads, but mostly desserts ... sounds like my kind of Thanksgiving!! I'm pretty excited to get to see everyone ... but maybe we could get everyone to bring a different dessert! That sounds great!!! This coming week sounds busy, it should be fun though!!!

Jandee!! Your kids are so adorable!! Sounds like your having a way good time with everything going on down there in Gunnison!!

Sam ... I feel good about this whole TeJay getting in running thing ... and then when you're all feeling cool and in shape, I'll just waltz on home and wreck you all! Sounds like a plan! 

Storm of geddons. I feel really good about this whole five day weekend thing. Maybe you could start your own school as well!! I'm sure you could get lots of kids to sign right up for it! By the way, not having to clean downstairs, sounds amazing!!!



This week was okay, last Monday. we went to Shabushabu with K and Brother W. It was way good! It's raw meat that you put in boiling sauce and then eat it ... it's amazing!! And was all you can eat! Mmmmm it rocked!!

On Tuesday I went on splits with Turley Choro. It was fun, we had some cool miracles!!

Wednesday we had Eikaiwa and we got a way boss lesson with Brother S. He's going to read and pray, and he loved the "He is the Gift" video. He's so prepared, but he's just so busy!!!

Thursday ... We visited Brother W, and he gave us a lot of food after he tried to convert us to become a Jehovah's Witness ... we also went to bottomless Indo curry and ate a lot of food for Thanksgiving! Whooooo!!

Friday, we went to district meeting and learned a lot, and then we got to go finding and found a guy, tried to commit him to baptism, but got shut down by a phone call.

Saturday we woke up at five thirty to go running with the other elders and an investigator for an hour and a little bit. We talked a lot about Christ and the Pearl of Great Price, he's way amazing, but he's hung up on all the little things. We also met with K ... who's also asking really good questions, but also stuck on the little things, like what kind of person God is.

Sunday we had church! It was good, we also taught W again, he's still good. And church was sweet! No one came with us this week, but we were able to get a lot good stuff done while we were there!

And now it's Monday... And yeah, now we're here.
See what my Companion can do ... Dicastri Choro
This was a pretty low key but I will say that I learned this this week!
This week I learned about the power of goals. When we set a goal, we have to decide to stick to it. This week I made a way boss language study plan, and it's helping so much already! My goal is to be able to converse perfectly, although not about everything, I don't want to have any flaws in my speech. I also want to be able to read the Liahona in Japanese... So I get to study kanji as well. It's fun, and it's pretty challenging, so it's a good goal. Turley Choro told me that we should set goals, and then pray over them, but here's what I didn't know already; we shouldn't pray to ask God to help us accomplish our goals, or if we even can or not, we should pray and ask God if the goals that we have set are the goals that He wants us to have. I find it interesting how it always ties back to us trying to follow God's plan for us individually rather than our own will. I think that if we can finally accept God's will, once we know it, He'll let us know so much more. And then, it's a cycle, and it leads us to be more happy!! I invite you all to find out what goals God wants to you to make, and then make them!!

I love you all, I loved dads letter that I got this week in the mail as well. Really good poem btw!!!

Love you all!
Griffiths Choro
10584 9168

No comments:

Post a Comment