Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, January 5, 2015

DD 13.35 ... Oh look, a Bear!!!

Is Yoshino Choro part of your companionship now? Or did they assign someone else to be with him? What is the long term plan?
I don't know what the long term plan is for Abiko, right now it's Yoshino Choro, Dicastri Choro and I, and we're crazy busy.

How are your investigators coming along?
Great, doubled them all in like a week. Brother J is doing good, he's the Canadian who likes to go running and talk about the Bible; he's the closest to baptism; his dad is hantai, so it hard for him to move in a different direction.

Did you get your first package of the new year?
Not yet.

How was New Years? Eve? day? Did you get to stay up late? or normal bedtime?
New Year's Eve, we cleaned all day. All New Year's Day we read the Book of Mormon. I tried to wake up at midnight and watch the new year, but couldn't get myself up.

Since this is Japan's biggest holiday, what did they do? Party? Anything cool? Lights? Festivals?
Everything ... there's a reason we don't dendo. It's too crazy.

Are you back in the Abiko Building?
As of the eighteenth ...

How is the weather ... any snow yet? It's been almost 3 months since Japan has had a volcano, a Typhoon,  an earthquake ... you tell us, anything happening in Tokyo?
Nothing recently.

Oh, here's a question, its an oldie but a goodie, have you fixed your flat tire yet ... oh, let me guess, its too cold to fix it now ... do you want us to send you a new tube?
Of course!!!! ... ... Not

Tell us about Dicastro Choro's progress ... he's new to Japan, but how is his progress, picking things up fast, how are his language skills?
He's doing really good! Especially now that Yoshino Choro is with us. He's learning actual Nihongo, instead of my slightly American Japanese.

What have you done lately for pDay?
Help Turley Choro pack, shop at recycle shops, fun stuff as usual.

What type of service have you rendered to the citizens of Abiko this week?
Pick up garbage and Eikaiwa.

Had any melon-pan lately? Any new favorite flavors? Any new favorite foods?
Of course, I found cream filled melon pan.

Any subway adventures to report on ... life in Tokyo without a subway story isn't really a trip to Tokyo unless you were going the wrong way at some point in time.
... I'm a train master, and we never get lost ... and we don't go into Tokyo that often.

Any cycling adventures, I take it the roads aren't snow packed and iced over ... any close calls lately? Any other incidents like Kuroiwa Choro's intersection incident?
Nope, nice and safe,

Any New Years goals, other than "missionary like a bear for the next five months" ??
I want to baptize six more people by the time I go home ... and I want to read the Book of Mormon everyday!!  At least a chapter!
I found the guy in this picture (the one that's not a missionary), referred him,
and now he's getting baptized real soon! Yeah for gaijin!!!
Father! I really liked your spiel on being humble and trying to accept our weaknesses ... today another missionary told me one of his goals for when he goes home, he wants to lock himself in his house for a month and a half ... he is going to try to get really good at everything he's bad at now ... I simply chuckled to myself ... thanks for the advice, a nice reminder ... it was indeed!

Mother! Best goal ever!! Always having a temple recommend is the best, I probably need to talk to Budge Kaichou about renewing mine soon. I feel really good about the four temple sessions in a month thing ... more than that though, I love the idea of pie ... I really like that idea!!!

Smashed!! Go and hang out with the missionaries more!!! I'm a hundred percent sure that they could use a young single adult who has lots of time and wants to help out! And there are major perks! One of which being that sisters Rock at showing love, and when they make banana bread for their investigators, their favorite person, me, even might also get some ... believe I would know.  Also, God blesses the heck out of those who help out! It's way sweet!!

Six pack abs ... if you want some ... maybe go running! If you don't and you want to feel less stress ... make some no bake cookies, and eat them out of the pan ... I hear there are some new shows on NetFlix now ... I can't think of a better way to spend a day and/or night!!? I'm glad you went ice skating, because it is sooo fun ... it sounds pretty crazy!!!

So this week was interesting. Turley Choro went home ... right before we had to clean the whole apartment. And cleaning was fun!! Turns out that being a maid in college was the best idea ever!!!! Cleaning rocks when you rock at cleaning! Our apartment is way nice now! And then the next day we read the Book of Mormon all day, it was way sweet,!! I finished it a little bit ago, and was taking a break and reading the Bible for a bit, but after reading it all day, I realized the power that was missing from my life. I need to read the Book of Mormon every day or there is something missing. Something that I didn't realize I didn't have when I wasn't reading it. Everything just seems to go better when you read the best book ever, every day!! It really did rock!!

Then we had the all mission party, where we watched meet the Mormons. It was good. We want to show all it to all of our investigators, but they don't have a Nihongo version yet! Ridiculous! Nothing ever gets translated fast enough! #ForeignLanguageProblem.
Almost on the back row on the Left
Then we came back from teaching Brother J ... happens ever Saturday morning now ... First we run ... I have the best lung capacity ever btw.

Ooooo, and on the morning of the first we went with J and S and the Shimai to go watch the sunrise over the lake ... I didn't take any pictures... We ran there with J, but Mayama Shimai has one ... On her camera ... Not her ipad, so I don't know if I'll ever get it... I still need to get some pictures of the baptisms from her as well ... Hmmmm, maybe I'll just ask her for that as well ... Hmmm, deep in thought.
Teganuma Lake Sunrise
Today was zone pday, and I crushed everyone at quidditch ... I'm not going to say I'm a master ... but I'm a master?!? Whoooo!!!

So yeah, not much time. But I just want to end with this:
We all make goals and everything for the new year. But when we make any goal New Years or not, we need to pray and makes sure that it's a goal that God wants us to make. God wants us to grow more than we want to grow, He knows what we need to do in order to succeed and fulfill our potential in life. Sometimes it doesn't matter whether we get married within a certain amount of time, or if we are the best at something, or even if we're second or third. But as long as we're working for what God wants us to be working for, it will all work out!!!

I know that this letter is short, and that you all deserve more. I'll try to send some pictures and some stuff as well!! We're trying to get hold of a member to try and coordinate a dinner with J ... but no one picks up the phone!!!

Well, I've got  to jet, but I love you all!!
Griffiths Choro!!
11105 9706

No comments:

Post a Comment