Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, December 15, 2014

DD 12.65 ... 藤さんを見える写真です!! ...

How is your cold? better? worse? did you get the fever/chills? or the sore throat, cough, runny nose cold? What are you taking for it?
I took some water, honey and cinnamon ... occasionally some sugar as well! ... I is all better nows!!

Do you make your own honey cinnamon milk? or buy it already made? did it help your cold?
We bought the stuff, and then I made it in a cup ...

How is your new investigator doing?
He's good, more below

When is your companion calling his family? are you going to try and call at the same time?
I don't know, we're good whenever.

Did any packages come to you?
Not yet.

Is anyone getting transferred from your apartment?
Nope, see below
Newly remodeled Abiko Chapel
Is the temple there open all time or do you have to schedule a time to go or is it only open certain hours? In other words how busy is the temple?
I don't know ... I only go once a month on a secret time made just for missionaries.

Did you do any sight-seeing on your pday? play any soccer?
Not really, we're really busy.

What sweat pants and hoodie did you take with you?
Swimming pants, and my lifeguard hoodie.

Have you eaten at the Yoyoi-ken, the standing-up-eating noodle shop at the Abiko Station?
Of course. It's like three hundred yen, and way good!!

If you have multiple missionaries working in the same ward, how do you divide up the areas within the ward ... what area do you work in?
We don't ... we storm the whole thing!!

What type of information do you need to find someones home ... do you use addresses the same way we use them in America?
Yes ... we have addresses here ...

Is it cold yet? any snow?
It's cold, but no snow ...

Dear family! Good to hear from you all!! So this week was pretty sweet! ... Well, it was busy. We had meetings all week. Like we were in our area three days out of the seven days this week! We had temple pday, zone meeting, zone conference, and then the new missionary training meeting in Tokyo again! It was pretty sweet! This week was transfers as well ... Abiko is staying the exact same, but we're losing a pair of sisters, Ipson Shimai is going home, and Warren Shimai is transferring .... It should be a fun transfer.  Dicastri Choro and I are together for at least one more! This transfer is a seven week transfer btw. I know that dad is dying to know.
Matsudo North and South Zones Conference
So yeah, Brother K is doing well. He has visions and what not. Still doesn't think that he has his answer, but we're pretty sure that he has. We're trying to meet with him to tell him that, but he's way busy with work. He's so close, though. I understand his desire to know, but sometimes it's hard to understand how he doesn't realize that it's an answer from God! .... but he's still way great so we're going to keep helping Him ... patiently ... might be hard; but worth it.
Sister Mio Kawane, Warren Shimai, Adair Shimai, Ipson Shimai, Mayama Shimai,
Turley Choro, Dicastri Choro, Yoshino Choro, Brother Hirata, Griffiths Choro, Brother Harasawa

Brother A is doing well. He came to church again, he's going to keep coming every week as well. He likes the church, and really wants to understand it too! We had a lesson with our old ward mission leader yesterday with Brother A and he drew down! It was so cool! Brother A is going to pray, like hard core, to find out if this church is true. I'm so excited to teach him next week, because I know that it's going to be awesome. Right now he's in the top ten list. As a district we get together each morning and pray for God and Angels to go and teach ten people in our zone, and we have two people on the list right now! It's awesome!! It's such a huge miracle!!! I love Christmas so much!!

So this weeks spiritual thought!
I only have six months left as a missionary. Still no death letter, but I'm assuming six months left. Which means that looking back over my mission I haven't done as much as I wanted to do. But I have a lot more skills and I'm a way better missionary than I was before. So my thoughts are that I should be able to do more than I've ever done before these last four transfers! So I'm going to get to work. I realized this morning during study that the more I focus on others, the less time I'll have to focus on myself ... in turn making less time for me to screw up. So, I decided to work for a remission of my past mistakes and wasted time, I'm going to do more these last four transfers than I thought possible during the first twelve. I'm way excited, but at the same time, I wish that I still had had this type of motivation my first twelve transfers! I figure the more I work now, the more "forgiveness" I'll get for my last twelve transfers ... I really do regret it, and I feel as though I'll look back when I have only three months left and still regret this time. I feel as though when I get home, no matter how hard I work, I'll always want to go back and work some more! Which isn't a bad thing ... I don't think ...

So what I've decided is that I'm going to make a yearly mission plan when I get home. I want to have specific missionary goals for when I get back. I wanna be the type of member that all the missionaries want in there wards! Because those members seem the best!

This week Brother Takayama Kyoudai-San passed away. He was a way hard core ward missionary! One of our investigators has taken it really hard which has made me want to work even harder. I want to have the same love that Takayama Kyoudai-San had for everyone! I feel as though I could do that; I would be such a more powerful missionary!! He loved everyone so much, and was such an example to me! I look up to him so much!  If you have a chance pray for Sister T, please do! She just lost one of the best husbands this world has ever known.

I would like to invite you all to do the same with me ... maybe get a head start and then when I get back y'all can help me adjust to missionionaring normal people style...

Anyways. That's all I have to say this week really!!!
愛しています!これからもよろしくお願いします!
グリフィス長老
Here's Mount Fuji!!
10759 9385

No comments:

Post a Comment