Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 3, 2014

DD 5.65 ... I'm heading to Togane ...

iPad was broken, wouldn't send eMails, keeping these answers short, just in case it doesn't work again ... #ChallengesOfTechnology

Have you ever dreamed in Japanese? How about in Korean?
In Japanese, and it turns out I talk in my sleep too.

Did you get the package, with candy and your running watch, we sent to you?
Yep, last week.

Did you get the bike tool from dad and amazon.co.jp?
Yep, least week.

Did you get more snow?
Nope.

How was the Temple? Did you go get a picture from the pond across the park?
It was good. No pictures this week

Can you still take pictures with your iPad?
Kinda … well, No.

Did you find anybody to teach this week?
Not quite

How is your cooking going? Do you get to cook?
Good. I like to cook.

Do you still hear from Rachel and Lizzy (Dad found Lizzy's blog and has been following it ...)?
Occasionally

How often do you get flat tires in the Streets of Chiba?
Never.

Have you ever got to go to Shubya Station and did you ever find the statue of Hachiko the faithful dog?
I went genre, but I never saw it.

How was the temple?
It was good.

Tell us about last week. Just not enough time to e-mail us?
No, my iPad freaked out and I'm struggling to send any emails right now.

I'm being transferred, my assignment is to serve in Togane as the District Leader there. (See the interactive map at the bottom of the Blog for the location of Togane, Japan ...)

End of Message number 1 …

Sorry about last week. My iPad did the freak out and I was unable to send any emails ... sorry about that, but I hope that you are all doing well. I was incredibly witty last week, so sorry that you all missed out on it, but things were pretty good this week. I'm glad to hear about TeJay and Crystal!  That is so exciting to hear that they're are having another child!! I think that by the time I get back Porter will just be old enough that I can "tend" him for you guys! So long as he is not lactose intolerant, we should be good. I'm glad to hear that Waylon won his wrestling tournament ... Good to know that he has been practicing on Axton for a while now. It's hard to believe that he is already five years old! He seems so big, but it feels like just yesterday that Jaden and JanDee came over with the books to tell us that they were having Waylon! Good to hear that everyone is doing well.


Sam your new glasses are hipster beyond belief ... I'm crying a little bit right now ... Sketch about Russia and Ukraine, one of my friends was there, don't know if she is anymore, but I would doubt it since if they pulled everyone out. Good to know that you beat Abi in the number of texts sent in a month and that you moved all the bricks with dad ... If it makes you feel better I started this leg work out where I don't take my bike out of gear three and eight ever, and then do squats and lunges every morning ... My legs have never been more sore, but it's kinda funny, my bike got stuck in those gears last week (something that I wrote about) and now I can't get back to any other gear.

Abi ... you’re so old ... you’re done with your undergrad! That's insane! I still have a couple years left ... But it's cool that you’re done; what are you going to do with your life, now that you are done with school. SORRY TO (I just figured out how to turn on caps lock) hear that being lead teacher is crazy hard, but is anything in life easy? Good luck and keep on trekking ... and doing some other awesome stuff!

Parentals ... Oh how I love you all so much! Sorry that I was not able to eMail you last week, I honestly was really great last week and wrote many sweet things ... including a greatly awesome birthday card for mom ... but it appears that my words were so great and marvelous that they cannot be written and were promptly deleted from my iPad ... Bummer, but it's all good. I'm glad that you are both doing well. It hurts my heart that dad is up to his old projects again and I'm not there to help him out ... I really do miss doing all that stuff ... especially the ‘watching him work’ assignment; ah, those summer mornings ... I do hope that all is well in Riverton!!! Love you all so much and hope that things are going well for all there!

This week was interesting ... we got a referral from the Choros serving in Mito ... he is way awesome and started following up with us ... downside, we are meeting with him on Friday ... the day after I leave ... bummer, but other than that things are really good here! We didn't really find anyone else to teach this week. But we are enjoying the finding time. It’s cool to see how little people know about Christ or of his gospel ... Well actually it's not cool at all, it's quite sad, but it's quite motivating too.

Well not much has happened this week; on Thursday I’m transferring to Togane and will start working with Stevens Choro. I'm still district leader ... I will be living with the zone leaders again, and have a district of eight, so four sisters again too. Should be a crazy transfer!
Sister Y, Brother Y, and their daughters;
at Sister Y's Baptism in Dec

Love you all so much and feel terrible for not getting an email out last week. Hope that all is well and that you all get this email.

So last week I was able to interview Brother Y ... and on Sunday I got to baptize him! It was way sweet! I also got to baptize his wife a couple weeks ago, and now they are right on track to be a happy little eternal family ... It's  really cool to see the joy that can come from a simple covenant with God ... I love it! … and it only took me one try to get it right!

Wahoo God’s work rocks!!!
5781 5112

No comments:

Post a Comment