Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, June 8, 2015

DD 16.65 ... My Last Letter ...

Did you get your last package?
Got it!

If your package doesn't arrive in time, can you have Budge Kaichou route it to another missionary in the Tokyo area? If so who do you want it to go to?
Already got it!

How did your baptism go? Who gave the talks?
It was great!!

Did you take pictures?
Of course.

Do you have enough church clothes for church on Sunday, or do we need to buy you more?
I think I should be okay, and if not, we can wash some I'll bring home! And then dry them in the dryer!

Did you bear your testimony one last time in Narita?
Like seven times ... they kept asking me at every chance they could!

Any problems with Dad's countdown pictures? Are they making your comp trunky?
No, they all laugh.

When you go to the temple, do you use the English Headsets or do you go native Japanese?
We watch it in English and all the other languages have headsets.

Any requests for your welcome home meal?? Everyone is staying for dinner to talk with you!!
Those burrito things that dad makes, and peanut butter fingers?

Did you buy any thing to bring home?
Not yet, but I got a lot of stuff given to me.

Can we help you with anything??
Let me know what I can leave here!

Are you flying home with other missionaries? or do you know yet?
I would assume so.

One last question I had about the Japanese Hymnal, are the numbers in your hymn the same as in the English hymnal? In other words is hymn number 94, Come Ye Thankful People? I hope so, because that will be the rest hymn that will be sung next week. Hymn 159, Now the Day is Over ... now that one really threw me for a loop, that is not a hymn I expected that you would call out as a favorite ... so are we talking about the same songs?
94 is Abide with Me; 'Tis Eventide
And 159 is Hope of Israel ... I guess they are different ... oops.


I don't think I have time to write you all back this week!
Griffiths Choro, Lin Choro, Frank-San
My week!
Tuesday, temple and we set a baptismal date with S-San for the second of August!! I'll try to take a picture with him tomorrow! And then we taught Kz-San that night.

Wednesday! We taught Kx-San and Y-San all sorts of good stuff, it was crazy!

Thursday! We went and visited Nk Ky-San who has an ingrown toe nail, don't worry, I clipped mine last week.  He couldn't come to church, then we taught M-San, my friend from when I was in Togane, then we met with K-San ... and he said, I have a question about the Book of Mormon, opened to Second Nephi ... and then I started to cry.
Harrision Choro, Lin Choro, Griffiths Choro, Morishita Choro
Friday.  We met M-San on Friday, then went to the area where the other elders left half way through and then I got asked to do the thought with like ten seconds to prep ... Interesting. But it was okay.

Saturday! We had eikaiwa and then we went to Chinese night ... I didn't understand anything.  Then in our way back we found a way cool guy named R-
San for the elders in Tokyo, he's from Constantinople we think ... way sweet!!

Then Sunday came! K-San got baptized, and the Shimai investigator M-San got baptized too! And we had the Yo-San couple come and Ya-San come and see it as well! It was way sweet!! They both bore testimony at the end, and it was so good! They're both so solid it's crazy! And then I was asked to bear my testimony because I didn't in Sacrament Meeting because I had to go pick up Y-San and what not, so that was a nice little surprise as well. Then we went to the Saito family home and had a dinner and a little bye bye party for me. It was fun, apparently I rock at bunny bunny. I cleaned everyone out.
Back:  Brother M-San, Harrison Choro
Front:  K-San, Morishita Choro, Lin Choro, Griffiths Choro, Brother and Sister S-San, Ik-San
That's the week pretty much!
Dad, I finally went and saw Hachiko in Shibuya
Harrison Choro, Morishita Choro, Hachiko, Griffiths Choro, Lin Choro
List of things I want to chuck:
The outer shell of my  Mack coat
Most of my white shirts ... they're all trashed
My thermals?
My sweaters?
All the medicine that you sent me ... that I never used ...
Some of my slacks
One pair of my church shoes
My running shoes
My sheets? And old pillow case! Someone sent me a new one!

I'll see you on Friday!!!

Some people keep emailing me about when and where I will be speaking ... what's the churches address and what time does it start? I have no idea.
14 June 2015 @ 11:00
1454 W 13200 S
Riverton, Utah 84065
13245 12480

No comments:

Post a Comment