Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 31, 2014

DD 6.45 ... trying to be more aware of what God is doing in my area ...

Why the sudden urgency to buy emergency supplies?
The end of the world is coming ... maybe?? It is just your basic emergency preparedness kit ... the typhoon hitting the Philippines could be the reason ... direction from the Missionary Department ... frankly ... we know not, save the Mission Kaichou asked us to.

How did your mission president take the news that you mistakenly bought whiskey instead of water for your supplies?
At zone conference the next day, Budge Kaichou and Shimai just laughed and said that we are typical 19 year olds ... then they shared some stories of their past, and we bonded quite nicely.

Have you eaten at any members homes' yet?
Not yet, well, we had a party for one of our investigators that is new this week. But starting next week we have one appointment though!

Do you need a new watch? You have extra money in your account from Grandma that you could purchase one with. Or we could buy you one and send it to you?
The one I'm using is really ok, quite nice actually; there is a reason I didn't just buy a new one ... thanks for asking, but I’m fine.

When you play baseball do you play with members, investigators, or with other missionaries?
Investigators and members who are fellowshipping said investigators.

How many floors are in your building? 14?
Yep

Do you walk up stairs to get to your apt? Or ride an elevator?
Elevator ... with our bikes ...

When you race up the stairs with your companion, who wins?
With our bikes ... we take the elevator, every time. But, if we should race; it would totally be me.

Why haven't you mentioned McDonalds before? Why haven't you gone there before?
We've gone before ... like every Wednesday before eikaiwa, but never for breakfast.

When do you use the suffix ‘-san’ in Japanese?
When you are talking to someone with a higher superior rank than you ... but only outside the church; with members or missionaries we always use church titles.

We are so impressed that you are a champion soccer goalie. How often do you play? With who?
We play every Tuesday with ten or so investigators ... it's pretty sweet, three of them are getting baptized in Chosei this week!

Are your legs adjusting to all the biking?
Yeah, they still hurt all the time; I do a workout in the morning for legs, so they never really have a chance to get unsore ... stopping might help, buuuuuut, then I would feel weak.

So impressed with your study time, are you ok with the sleep you are getting?
Yeah, whenever I feel tired I just remember Asato Choro from last transfer, after a hard core day of dendo sitting down for dinner at 9:45, yawning, and then saying 疲れてないよ!!指導者として he then proceeded to get up and make phone calls and work some more.

When are you watching General Conference?
The twelfth and thirteenth (Wed & Thur) ... I don't know where though, maybe here, maybe in Chiba ... maybe on our iPads! Who knows!?

Parentals- That's so cool to hear about dad being elected to be a representative who elects people to be representatives! I hope that you choose well, and listen to the voice of the pope and not the voice of the advertisers!! Congrats though!!

It sounds as though you had a rough week to start, but it seems to be getting better right? It sounds like it! I hope you two are doing alright. Thank you for all the faith that you have and show to all of us! You are truly amazing parents!! I hope and pray that things are going to start picking up soon!

Things in Togane are good, the Toke neighborhood doesn’t need to worry as much about money, Togane is a poorer college town, and we never work in Oami so I don't really know much about them, we live here though, so I imagine it's pretty humble.

PS, I'm glad that you find satisfaction on other missionaries blogs ... it makes me wonder who is checking out my blog and what not? Very interesting ...but seriously, thanks for all you do, in word and deed. You are always awesome parents ... even when we were less than stellar kids.

Tejay! You’re having a boy!!! Dibs on Tending!! Wahoo!!?, That's very exciting!

naan bread
Smasher ... let's start with my emails ... ... on the bright side, it's a multiple of five right? Some, but little comfort in that ... Not comfort actually; none at all ... THAT’S OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!! GAHH, I’M LITERALLY HYPERBENTALATING RIGHT NOW!! Remember when I used to log onto Abi’s to mark her emails as read? This is worse than that!!! On another note, I'm glad that roller blading was the bees knees ... PS: ‘roller blading’ gets changed to ‘dollar billing’ with auto correct ... That's how old school it is. Sounds nice though, but bonus, you found bottomless naan ... best food ever ... I literally love the Indo curry here more than anything else in this whole country ... especially naan!! Needless to say, I'm going all the time when I get home. How much is it?

Storm trooper ... How could you let Sam let my emails go unread for so long!?! Don't you remember how OCD I am about emails? Seriously ... I just ... I don’t know how to feel about life right now ... I need to read ... all of them ... every single one of them ... to see if they are important?

Well, I'm glad that you are so proactive in applying for jobs! It sounds like you are really gung-ho about it. My advice is to take the leap! Sky June ... I just typed, ‘do one’ … and then watch the easiness of it make you do all of them!!!! Whooooo job applications!! You could do a party at the Indo restaurant with Sam. And just eat naan all day long as you apply ... sounds way sweet right!! Sorry about the henna tattoo incident ... can't be fun trying to explain to Waylon why it's not bad ... rough life, well, lesson learned right?

So this week our recent convert brought one of his friends to church with him. He's named Brother C; he's way great, he's curious, and he likes to learn. About God, buuuuuuuuuut, he doesn't speak a word of English, and has very limited (like hello) Japanese ... yeah, it's rough. Brother T and Brother K have just been translating everything we say, and then we don't really get his reply ... it's more of like ... well, I don't really know, but he seems pretty good! I just need to start learning Chinese ... it's rough.
Photo Courtesy of Japan Tokyo Mission Blog
So his week we had zone conference, learned a lot about revelation and what not. Apparently I've been a terrible missionary thus far and have not been seeking the guidance of God as much as I could have been. I've thus repented, and am trying to be more aware of what God is doing in my area rather than what we are doing here ... it's very interesting.

This is a sad, way cool scab
Pretty much the only big thing that happened this week was I fell off of my bike ... it was pouring rain ... and well, I made it back to the apartment, but turning into our apartments entrance, the ground changes from asphalt to like this way slippery plastic garbage ... and yeah, down for the count Griffiths was born ... I'm totally fine, but I have a little bit of road burn on my arm ... It didn't even go through my coat, so this is just a pure friction burn, right on my elbow ... but, on the bright side, I have a way cool scab right now! Downside; got it from gravity pulling me off of my bike ... Lame story right?

So this week was okay, our investigator Brother A. He's been out of a job for a long time, but on Saturday, his birthday, he got a call saying that if he doesn't pay rent; he and his little family are getting evicted. He has nowhere to go, and no one to turn to ... except us, two nineteen year old kids, who have no idea how to do anything that has anything to do with what he's going through. We got him to talk to one of the members that he's friends with, and he seemed okay as we left, but it's still a huge bummer. He'd been praying, and when he first started, he got a job as a substitute truck driver, which is only every once in a while, but it was still something … but nope, still doesn't believe in God or anything like that ... Hurts my heart, but makes me realize how glad I am to have a family who knows what's up, who knows that there is a God out there, and that he does love us a whole lot more than we can comprehend. And even though it may be really incredibly heart breakingly hard to admit sometimes, if we try our best, and to what he asks us to do, he will never let us down. He will always be there for us, through thick and thin, through good and bad, for better or for worse. I honestly don’t know what I would do if I didn't know that. I'm so glad that my family can stand as Job and say "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him ... he also shall be my salvation." I'm so grateful for the wonderful example of faith and diligence that you have all been in my life. I've come to realize how much I've learned from each and every one of you over the years.

Thank you for all that you do, until next week.

Not so criss cross awesome sauce!!!
This week I'm gonna take a picture of the Togane church with some
cherry blossoms in front ... it's gonna be gorgeous
And you thought Trax was bad ...
This is the train map for the JR Line here in Tokyo
we live in
 Ōami ... Who can find it?
6384 5494

No comments:

Post a Comment