Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, March 24, 2014

DD 6.35 ... lots and lots of rice patties ... but it's still the most expensive thing we buy here ...

What is your new apartment like? Do you live on the top floor? Middle floor?
We live on the twelfth floor ... If you thought I was in the middle you may be at the wrong apartment ...

Do you eat curry a lot? What are your thoughts on it? Do you like it? Hate it?
I love curry ... And rice ... Which we haven't eaten since I've been here.

Did your watch break? We noticed you are wearing your running watch in pics now.
It didn't break, but it didn't smell very good from the summer months, and the face on the inside is rattling when I would move my wrist ... it was driving me crazy..... Yeah, I'm crazy.

What did you decide to do about Facebook? Making a new account or using your old one?
I'm going to use my old one. I want my mission to change me right? And if I just go back to my old one when I get back, I feel like it might be easy to slip back into my old self ...

Do you eat at members’ homes a lot more in Togane then you did in Chiba? Has the nut thing been a concern? (If you haven't mentioned the epipen to your comp, use this chance to tell him!)
I told him already. We go all the time … supposedly … but I've yet to go. That'll probably change this week.

Do you ever wish you had gum to chew? Would you like us to send you some?
We are actually not allowed of chew gum as missionaries ... it's "unprofessional"

Do you need more floss yet? deodorant? toothpaste? toothbrush?
Toothpaste might be nice ... whenever is good ... maybe for my bridal!! I mean birthday but it's too much work to delete on my i-pad. Fail. 

How do you like the zone leaders you live with?
They are pretty chill, Young Choro is from Australia ... and Cannon Choro is from Blackfoot, Idaho. Cannon is transfer four, but is a total champion, and Young Choro will be going home in eight weeks.

Do you guys still tract (dendo.. whatever it's called) at the train station?
Well the trains here come every hour ... and like five people get off, so mostly we ...

How are your English investigators coming along?
They’re doing okay, we're going to try and get them all a lot more focused this week when we meet with them.

Do you tract at the International school (or whatever school it is)?
Yeah, mostly we just house around the dorms and apartments at Josai.

Do you cook all your meals together? Cook separately? Take turns cooking?
Normally we just cook together ... Unless they aren't here, then we cook, and by that I mean someone usually sleeps while I eat a lot of food.

Parentals-- Dad, last week I specifically searched said letter for how to get said Apple ID ... I guess I just wasn't meant to find it ... I'll look again this week and report back soon!

Also ... I just barely got moms email ... what does she mean when she says that dad got nominated at the caucus? Is he going to be a politician now? What exactly is going in with that? 

TeJay and Crystal! The cake sounds amazing ... I dig the frosting in the middle ... good choice. I can't believe that you find out tomorrow what kind of child you are going to have!! Lemme know when you find out! A niece would be nice, but another nephew would be really fun too!!! Congratulations btw!! When is said child due again?  Cool!!

JanDee!! I hope that all is going well for you and Jaden! I heard that his knee was pretty bad, but hopefully it will heal up nicely! I heard that Waylon tears it up in wrestling!! That's so cool! I look forward to seeing him do some way sick stuff sometime!! Hope all goes well, we pray for you!!

Also tell Jaden happy birthday for me!! You two are really amazing! Thank you Jaden for all that you do, Your family rocks!!! Love you!

Sam - Rock climbing at two in the morning? That sounds pretty legit, but do you respect me a little more for going climbing with C for four hours … straight … everyday? I would really hope that you would ... downside, now I have no forearm muscle and using the cinder blocks in our apartment every morning as weights is really, really, really, hard ... my hands always give out first ... it's rough. Good to hear that you get some extra time at Artec for now, sorry to hear that you might end up having to speak so soon at it though.

Stormmageddon dark lord of all ... remember when you saw that shirt and found out that it was a baby? Good day in my life ... a really, really, good day. I'm glad to hear that you are officially graduated and looking for real people Careers! Is it as scary as it seems? I would guess that it is a little scarier right? Lemme know how it goes! Good to hear about the surgery on yourself, but even better to hear about the zombie game ... first game when I get back … PLAY ALL THE ZOMBIE GAMES AT USU AND DOMINATE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! Maybe you can be on my team. You always kill the potential zombies ... or at least lock them up as they try out the cure ... That's like lesson one.

PS …ultimate zombie weapon is what???? False … light-saber.

So this week was pretty low key,  taught some people, played a lot of baseball. Remember how good I was? Yeah, I don't either, I'm assuming that I was terrible, because I appear to have no skill at all right now. It's good though. We play soccer every Tuesday, which is a little better, I just play goalie with my freakishly long arms and nothing gets past me ... like a champion ... or it could be the small made up goals that we have ...

Challenge Extended ...
Oh, so this morning we literally had no food here, so for exercise we went running ... to McDonalds ... best breakfast in the last ten months ... Sausage McGriddles GAAAAAALOOOORRREE!!!! It was so beautiful ... tears were shed ... as little bits of America were devoured by three Americans and an Australian at 7:20 in the morning on the side of the street ... it was a good day.

Things are doing well here ... I'll send a picture of the balcony ... we’re on the twelfth floor, and it's windy up here all the time. It's ridiculous ... ... and way loud, study in the morning is really, really, hard cuz it sounds like a hurricane is coming through all the time ... let alone sleeping ...

PS … I'm doing this thing were I wake up at six and read the Book of Mormon in Japanese for half an hour and then at night, I write down all the revelation that I get for all my investigators, others, and myself ... It's way great, I feel so enlightened all the time ... down side is that I'm getting like six and a half hours of sleep ... I'm exhausted ... all the time ... we bike everywhere ... all the time ... up mountains ... normally we are in Togane. Try to find our church, we ride through the rice fields to get there, and there is always a head wind, going there … and back … it's rough, it's crazy, but my legs are incredibly strong when I can actually move them ... which is never, I'm so sore ... but all in all, I love being a missionary. It's the most fun, most rewarding thing that I have ever done ... It's way sweet!!!

Also today we just spent two hundred dollars on emergency food today ... I hope that the earthquake doesn't come, but I really don't wanna waste that food!?!?!?,?,?,!

Gotta run, pictures to come!!!

Story for the Day: We went to the store to buy emergency water ... it ended up being like ¥8,000 for twenty liters ... so something was wrong ... we were joking on the way back that it would be way funny if we had accidently bought vodka or something, but they didn't Id us so we were sure that it was just really expensive water ... later ... upon further inspection ... discovered that we had purchased ... Whiskey ... 25% alcohol!! The worst part is that we realized this after we had sent a picture of the receipt to the mission home to do a reimbursement ... we are taking it back to the store now to buy some actual water ... sorry about that God, it won't happen again.
One last thing ... not a great pic, but I had a little bit of time left so I figured
I'd send a pic of me sittin down
... Criss ... Cross ... AWESOME ... SAUCE!!!!!
I can finally do it, all it took was God's power for almost 10 months.
6255 5423

No comments:

Post a Comment