Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, December 16, 2013

DD 4.15 ... new companion ... and a baptism ... what a week ...

What do you spend your money on? What bills do you pay?
We don't really pay bills, so we get like ¥30,000/month for food and travel.

Are you wearing your thermal underwear yet?
Yes I am; I'm quite warm.

How did the baptisms go? When were they?
They were good, they were right after church on Sunday. I had to baptize Sister Y twice and Brother S three times ... but it was all good. Budge Kaichou & Shimai came too; it was a lot of pressure, and the font was messed up so there was like half the amount of water that there should have been, but it was all good. It was a really cool experience, and one that they (and I) will probably never forget. (for additional details about the baptism, see McAllister Shimai's weekly entry).

Who confirmed the people you baptized?
They will get confirmed next week; they were baptized Sunday after church.

What did Elder Hogue tell you that changed your life?
We talked about charity.

Who is your new companion?
Nielson Choro from Alpine Utah; we have already got his bike; he is awesome ... he sang in high school ... and he swam ... apparently he's really good (barely missed the Olympic Trials) ... you could say that we get along quite nicely … he’s pretty cool ... he’s a really good kid too, full of desire and all sorts of good such! I'm honored, if not overwhelmed, to be responsible for his training!
32 new missionaries arrived in Tokyo this week
Circled:  Nielson Choro of Alpine, Utah

Are you still in the same apartment?
Yes.

Occurred atLatitudeLongitudeDepthMagnitudeRegion Name
13:06 JST
14 Dec 2013
35.6N140.8E50 km5.5Chiba-ken
Toho-oki
Did you feel the 5.5 earthquake this week? The epicenter was just outside of Chiba.
It felt like a really little one.
How did your haircut go? Does it look ok?
It’s okay ... I need some more practice, but it’s not bad.

Did you get any of our packages yet?
I got the one with the ward Christmas tree in yes, but there was no letters so I was very confused.

So this week was really interesting, being a District Leader is really stressful; but not quite as stressful as being the senior companion & training. Training is good, but it’s really hard going from the companion that doesn't really have to teach the lesson to being the only one who can ... I’m glad that I had the companions that I've had; I was able to learn from them; I didn't realize how much, but I would still like a little more training ... anyways. The baptisms were good, they were long, but good.

I also taught a lesson this week; it was good, but not great … but it was good ... I need to get a lot better at teaching ... and a lot of other things too.

I think that we should try to use Skype, which I’m not really sure how to work; for me, I think that the 25th, Wednesday, around 10:00 AM (JST) would work best for me. For now let’s plan on that and I’ll get back to you when everyone else here is planning their calls. We only get 40 minutes BTW.

Mom, sorry that i made you cry ... that’s no good. But it’s good that I won the Christmas Decoration level!!! Thanks for the good luck wishes with the training and stuff; I feel like I’m turning in to Abi, the stress level is seriously so high right now, it’s crazy, I understand how you guys feel now ... it’s not great, sorry that I wasn't more willing to help out more when I was at home ... and yeah, I was pretty good at planning before I left.

Dad, the house looks really good! I’m sorry that it took me so long to get you those names. we have literally been running back and forth from place to place the last couple weeks, I kinda miss being that busy, but it's nice to have a P-Day every once in a while. The picture of grandpa was really cool too! Thanks for pointing it out!!! I hope that all is going well on the home front and that you aren’t getting too stressed out. Stress is no fun! Love you!

Picture Sam sent to Trent this week
Sam. thanks for the pic, I felt like I was going at warp speed indeed ... it made me miss winter a little bit actually. there is literally no snow here ... its barely even cold actually. Its pretty lame; the Logan winter hardened me beyond belief ... this is nothing here ... I’m glad that Jazz game was fun and that you got to whiten your hair for the day. Also that you got your Kindle and new glasses, they sound pretty sweet. Sad day about R-Tec though!

Stormer ... I’ll pray for you some more ... I think that Clydesdale is just cutting out a little bit, I named my bike Clyde too, and I think that somehow he may have gotten wind of it and is just a little jealous ... sorry about that. I hope that he stops misbehaving soon ... karma is rough, but I don’t believe in karma. I just believe that God gives us lots of opportunities to grow ... often making us feel really bad about ourselves first. When something really bad is happening; something really good is about to come! So to quote Batman, the night is darkest just before the dawn ... so keep strong and keep looking on the horizon for that beautiful sunrise peaking over the mountains of adversity! "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!" said in that awesome Mexican voice that only I can do!

This week was really good! I really have gained a love of prayer ... I mean, I did before, but now on a whole new level ... it’s been a rough week, but I know that through God’s power I will be able to do whatever he asks me to do! Dad’s scriptures have helped a lot lately, as well as Sam’s and all her talks that she has sent me over the last couple months ... as well as conference; Elder Holland’s talk this last one was really weird when I heard it, but it really helped me out this week. Well, at least my notes have helped … the one’s that I took when he delivered it.

Thank you so much or all that you do for me and for everyone else!!
I love you all so much and pray for you guys a lot!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! and a Happy....
3883 3837

No comments:

Post a Comment