Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, February 16, 2015

DD 14.25 ... Bad Mickey ...

Do you think you will switch to Nutella instead of eating peanut butter??
Of course not....

How are your investigators doing this week? Any progress? Did they all come to church??
Good, see below.

How is your life without an electric razor going? Ever wish you had taken one?
No, real razors are so nice!!

Do you have any American deodorant left? About how long does one stick last you?
I still have some, I haven't been using it all winter, I use the Nihongo Stuff since it's cold outside.

How much American toothpaste and toothbrushes do you have left?
A tube, and enough.

Were those beef steaks in the picture you sent us? Do you season them ? or just fry?
We seasoned them a little, they came pre-seasoned. And then we fried them ... So good!

How much snow have you had in Japan this winter? Has it been milder than last winter? Or more harsh?
It's snowed once ... pathetic. Last winter was way harder.

Of all the mission rules that there are, which one is the biggest sacrifice to obey?
No climbing or swimming ...

How is Bro. H, the karate master doing?
He's good, still praying and what not!

Is this a six week transfer?
Yes!!

What are the names of the the people in your district and where are they from?
Adair Shimai ... a vegetarian from Utah, Minson Shimai ... a martial arts master from Salt Lake; and our beloved Canadian, from Canada. They're all pretty chill. All hilarious, and all great missionaries!

Father! I'm really fine without a Valentine's Day package, my friends had me covered, the ward, and the eikaiwa students gave us a ton of stuff! Like I'm not even kidding you. It's ridiculous ... we have so much food in our apartment right now. Thanks for the offer though!! The poem will be enough!!

Mother dearest ... I can only imagine what it must be like being in charge of young women. We actually went and heart attacked some people in our ward, Brother S-San, and Brother N-San ... good to know that no one called the cops on you though!! Abi just mailed me, a brief little mail ... thanks for the heads up on the scissors knife story though!

TeJay!!! One, your kids are so adorable ... and two, when you're old and crippled ... I'll tower over you. Sometimes you just have to let the best joys in life simmer. I'm just letting you enjoy your two inch height advantage while you can ... because I'm nice! Thanks for your thought about love. I've never really thought about it that way before! Thanks for the insight! I'll try to be in shape enough to help you out when I get back, physically and spiritually!

Sam!! You and your friends are crazy! All day basketball ... that actually sounds pretty fun. Did you have snacks? A party is only as good as the food there. I have two boxes left of contacts, and I switch them when they start to bug my eyes, or tear ... I figure that's a safe bet right? So like every five or six weeks ... Remember the guy that told you one day he kept his contacts in for seven years? I always remember that story when I throw a pair away ... and I always feel sad for doing it.

Sliced open finger! You're all good about not writing me this week, hospital takes precedence ... but next week, just remember that I write you with my thumbs each week!! As for scripture study ... scripture study helps you learn the things of God. And knowing the things of God helps you feel the spirit more; if that doesn't enrich your life, I don't know what will. There is a member here, the only books she reads are the scriptures ... and she's a millionaire ... I'd say that's pretty enriched ...

Monday we went to FHE with Sister T-San and J-San. It was good. J-San didn't seem like he was really into it, but H-San and S-San were, so that was good. Apparently J-San was a little into it though, he wants to do it again today!

Tuesday, we met with A-San, had a very interesting lesson. At one point, he took off his shirt to show us his scars that represent him making a deal with the devil and then betraying him for Christ ... it's very confusing and crazy hard Nihonjin. But we're working on repentance with him ... he won't be able to meet with us this week though, he said there "bad mickeys" in his house ... three mice. He's killed two of them, but the third is bigger and smarter than the others ... so he's trying to trap him ... but he's up until the wee hours of the morning doing it, so he's sleeping all day.

Wednesday we taught people at Eikaiwa. We found a lady at the Eki that morning, and she came that night with her whole family, and they wanna come again!! She's so great!!

Thursday day we planned, and met with , Brother  Y-San, he's so close, but has all these questions about everything, and has a hard time believing that Joseph Smith is a prophet because the Bible couldn't be messed up after only two thousand years, and so we don't need another translation of it ... ??? ... he's coming along slowly ...

Friday we taught S-San, F-San, H-San, and J-San at ping pong and FHE ... I related the gospel to marshmallows ... and everyone decided to be more patient with God's timing from now on ... if we are, we get more marshmallows!!

Saturday, O-San came to eikaiwa, and then we taught some other people that night ... and went to Moriya that morning.

Sunday. A-San, O-San, I-San, and W-San came to church, big thing about church, it makes W-San a different person, a better person. In his apartment, he's really hard core. But, at church he plays with the kids, comforts the widows, tells people to clean up their language, and even gives advice to the fathers on how to make sure their kids have a fun and safe time airsofting ... ... yeah ... crazy!!! It blew my mind!!

But yeah, that was the week pretty much. I taught everyone in eikaiwa about singles awareness day on the fourteenth, they thought it was humorous ... all of them are married ... and the youngest is in his thirties ... it's weird that so many old people seem good at English; other than that this week was pretty low key. Something that I've been thinking about recently is trusting in God, mom actually talked about it a little bit, about how the more gracefully we accept trials, the stronger testimony we will have. I like to think that I'm pretty good at accepting stuff, but recently, I don't feel like I have been. I always want more, I always want things to go better, and I think that I've been clashing my will against God's.

For example this Friday we got a referral from the Matsudo Choros. Right now he has a baptismal date with the Catholic Church, but sees it as a miracle that he met the Elders ... we met with him, and talked a little bit, and set up an appointment for the following day to talk more about some stuff, but that night he decided to that he wants to get baptized a Catholic and then talk to us. When we heard this, I was a little frustrated. We'd been working so hard, and really felt like we had received a miracle, and then it all went away. It made me realize that I have to trust more in the will of God. The only thing that I can do for people is invite them to come unto Christ. I can't make them do anything, that would take away their agency. He used his agency to decide to not meet with us, and I can't be angry at God for that. The only thing I can do is try to become better at inviting the Spirit. The more spiritually powerful we are, the more people that we can help. So I've decided to work on my spiritual power this week. I want to be able to bring the Spirit so strong to those we teach, that when people use their agency to reject it, they will know what they are turning down.

Thanks for all that you do for all of us!!! I love you all, and I am so grateful for everything you do!!!

Love you! Griffiths Choro
11452 10494

No comments:

Post a Comment