Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, August 26, 2013

DD 1.35 ... so on we ride ... learning as we go ... that's not the same ... Now that's fun ...

I feel better about the language, still don’t understand much, at this point … but, I get by. Yes, Ormond Choro, the Elder from Australia, is way chill. He’s the only reason I haven’t gone crazy living with two native Japanese Elders, I really do love hearing my native tongue. We go running sometimes, but the mornings are so hard, we are all exhausted. We do exercise in our apartment, but it’s hard, mostly pull-ups, push-ups, and abs. We also have some weights here in our apartment. We bike way too far to count the number of miles,  we bike everywhere ... I was in decent shape when I arrived; so going the distance is not a problem. Thank-you dad, I don’t know if it was how you taught me to shift or if it was our mutual love of physics which helped me learn how to shift on a bike, but thanks for the training ... my companion struggles with his gears, it makes for an ineffective & entertaining ride; I’m not sure how to explain the inefficiencies in English, and I know I don’t have a prayer in Japanese; so on we ride.


I am doing well, I feel as though I am learning a lot here. Things are hard, and I just want to sleep all the time cuz I’m sooooo tired, but that’s missionary life for ya. Thank you for all the information that you have given me, turns out I was not as prepared for a mission as I thought ... but here we are learning as we go ...

Our mail ... the ”Dear Elder” letters get sent to our apartment after the mission home, I believe that other letters will simply be sent onto us as well when they arrive. I have not gotten Sam’s letter yet, maybe today. We, the four Elders in the apartment, all eat lunch and breakfast together; sometimes dinner around 9:00 if we haven’t already had dinner. My apartment came with blankets for me to use, how often should I be washing my sheets? We have a washer, but no dryer. I have yet to wash my slacks, maybe today or maybe next week. We have no oven, but we do have a boss toaster oven; ah, that’s not the same at all. Speaking of food and my throat, I have yet to choke on anything, the throat is way good! I recommend it! *cough TeJay cough*

We only go to one ward each Sunday; we attend the entire 3 hour block. It is the ward we are serving in; there are over a million people within its boundaries; BTW. I only heard about the volcano from dad and Sam; I have heard nothing here. Apparently there is no ash falling in Chiba. It still rains, but its less than it rains in Utah, I hear that typhoon season is coming up, but I haven’t experienced it yet.

I love shaving with a blade (non-electric); I learned a new way to shave in the MTC where I feel like I have a new face every day, but now I don’t have time ... so yeah, I feel scruffy all the time. The new way involves scalding water on your face, and by scalding I mean as hot as the sink will go. I have not had to charge my camera yet; apparently I don’t take that many pictures. My computer keyboard is in English, to get Japanese you just type the letters that make up the characters ... unless you are on a cell phone, then they have both! We teach English every Wednesday!!! Now that’s fun!!

You asked if I needed some stories from my ancestors; no, I don’t need them; I just think that they would be cool to have, along with that, where are they from? I’ve been telling people my ancestors come from England and France, maybe Ireland, and little bit of Native American, am I right?

Pretty much I’ve worn my Levi’s once to do some manual labor service, we cut this members grass one evening around 7:00, it was pitch black; we have these little hand held scythes, we were sneaking around trying to not wake any one up ... I know … in America we would have had the cops on us so fast ... but in Japan, every one trusts us/me as long as I’m with a Nihonjin ...

3 Nephi 1:8 - it’s all about having faith that your faith is not in vain, I like that, it’s about the coming of Christ and stuff. TeJay, thank-you for the “home grown” parables you have sent to me; your wisdom really has helped me.

Sam, things are going well here, I have yet to get your snail-mail letter, I look forward to reading it, thank you for all the advice! Thank you for the pictures, they are always hilarious!!!! I hope that things are going well with just you living with the parentals.

Abi, now that you too don’t live at home, I feel obligated to write you separately, I hope that school is going well and that you are getting along with you roommate, are you living in Cobble Creek? How do I know this? Let me know how your first Sunday was!!

``私 は I am doing well here in japan, it is hot and humid and we ride our bikes everywhere, this week I went on splits with Ormnd Choro and then on Friday with Kondo Choro, they are both way sick! I hope that my companion and I can become as effective as they are in their area! As of right now we are working on building trust with the members of the ward, starting with the bishop. We are confirming the address of the inactive members for him, and while there, we are trying to get them to come back to church ... there are over a million people living in our ward boundary, and there are lot of inactive members we have to visit.

Hey, I heard that they changed the scripture mastery list! They changed forty of them ... I know right, now you’re thinking, why haven’t I heard about this, when will it happen ... yeah, it went down in May!!! I know, right!!!!! This week I have an interview with President Budge, so that should be fun, I think.

Gyudon
The food that I eat most often here is call Gyudon, its rice and cheap meat, its way good though! and it’s way cheap! I love it. The convenience stores here have really good food, I have never had so much buttered crap before, but it rocks my socks!

Here are some questions that I have …
What toothpaste should I buy, they don’t sell crest here, right now I’m using some "GUM" stuff, but I don’t know how good it actually is, please Google and report.
The water/ condensation in my watch, is that alright?
Did I bring a Flash Drive?
How come no one told me that Japan feels just like the bubble at tree house, I literally feel as though I’m going to swim practice whenever I leave my apartment! It’s so great, it reminds me of home!

Challenge for the week: Everyone call Grandma and tell her that you love her and think that she is awesome ... I think that it would really cheer her up, also tell her thank you from me for all that she has done in raising such a wonderful family and has been such a good influence on me and on my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment