Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, August 19, 2013

DD 1.25 ... futons rock ... it's all hills here ... it was terrifying ...

I got my bike today!!! It’s way sick! Including lock and light, it was only like ¥44000 ($400). So whoo! Last week, Kondo Choro, let me borrow his bike; which was way nice, walking is not fun. Thank you for emailing Budge Kaicho about my ATM card!!! It brought me much peace of mind, and because of it, I was able to make the withdrawals and purchase a bike today. If you guys had not, I would have had to wait until tomorrow at the earliest, likely next Monday! Thanks again for sorting out my ATM card situation!! I feel much better about being in a different country now!!!!
Its a Schwinn ... aren't they Made in America


I have been feeling a lot better; I think that it was just an adjustment to the weird, but delicious food I have been eating these weeks. I had some Natto for the first time this week. It was terrible. Natto is fermented soy beans ... but it looks like someone kept all their snot for a year, and then threw in some beans ... it tastes a lot worse than it sounds ... yeah; I almost died.

My contacts are great actually, humidity contributes to comfort while wearing them!!! They are fine, and my asthma has not acted up at all the whole time I've been here. I have not used or needed my inhaler; nope, no drugs for me! Except some Motrin, my foot was hurting way bad one night, I couldn't sleep at all, and I took some in the morning. I have been fine ever since.

Yes, futons rock my friggan socks right off every night!!! They’re so great!!! We live in an apartment; we are on the third of four floors; so it is not too bad. We cook ramen and stir fry, and eggs and stuff for breakfast, we usually have all three meals here, just because it’s cheaper. No markets or grocery stores; we have a field with vegetables and rice we harvest from each morning. We eat really healthy here in Japan. Sarcasm alert, of course we have all sorts of stores here.

We get 90 minutes, here in Japan, to read and send our emails. It is not a problem, we have plenty of time!!!! So yeah. and yes, I can get pictures!!!! I have received all the ones that you guys have mentioned, and talked about … how do I make sure that I received them all??  I just assume I have received them all.

Thank you father for the letter/poem, it was way good. It moved my heart! I loved it so much and I am glad that you spent the dollar to get it to me.

I think that I will be fine without another pair of pants, and we have to wear slacks and a white shirt on Monday too BTW. But I forgot that missionary mall has that guarantee. I may send in a picture when they get bad. They are fine right now though! Thank you all for the schedules too!!!! 

I actually had a question though I have been getting some water condensation on the inside of my watch throughout the day, is that all right? I think that it is, it is always gone in the morning, so I think that it is just the humidity here that is getting inside of it.

JanDee, I’m sorry it rained the whole time you were at seven peaks. That’s a bummer. It made me laugh to hear that mom convinced Waylon that she was getting him a toilet for his birthday, although that would be a funny gift to give him. I hope that he likes what mom has in store, I know that I would thoroughly enjoy it!!! I hope that all is going well, and tell Waylon and Axton that I am proud of them for riding the sheep so bravely!!!! They are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sorry to hear that there are turkeys in your back yard, which serenade you in the afternoons whilest you enjoy the sun on the back porch ... actually no I’m not, I love the idea; I’m sorry that mom doesn't like them ... once again, a lie; I bet it is hilarious to watch her freak out over the giant birds.

I hope that all is going well on the home front and that school and work, as it starts up, goes well. I hope that Abi moving out doesn't bum you out too much Sam, what are you going to do BTW? Still living with the parentals? That should be interesting, but I bet that you can get Abi to come home a lot more this year, she won’t have me to chill with up in Logan ... so yeah, she’ll come down more; right Storm? I mean if not, that’s cool ... I’m in Japan and Sam has friends so ya know, what eves ... oh yeah, did I forgot to mention, I’M IN JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!

This week was pretty good. We are visiting all the inactive members in our ward, which is the Chiba Ward, in the Chiba area, in Chiba zone, I think that it is the Chiba stake too, but I don’t know. My address for my apartment is: ... apparently i am not allowed to tell you guys that information ... bummer right. Well, that’s that.

There are times when my trainer, remember he's is Japanese, forgets that I have no idea what anyone is saying around me and I have no idea how to talk back to anyone, but he is getting better about it. I hope that we will be more able to teach in unity as the weeks go on.  We are teaching a couple of investigators, and we picked up two more yesterday, hopefully they will progress well.

I have been well here; my foot really bugged me that one night, but it has been a lot better now that I took the Motrin. It has been perfect actually. I think that I will be in really good shape after my mission because of all the biking that we do here, last week was so hard, it’s all hills here!!! This must be where dad grew up ... its up hill every where we go ... both ways ... both going and coming ... just like dad always said.  There are people and cars everywhere! It was terrifying at first, but I think that I have gotten more used to it now, and that I’m going to be way pro at bike riding when I get home!

Well that’s about all I have to say this week, not much else has been happening. I think that on the Japan Tokyo Mission blog, there are pictures of my whole group getting here the first day, if it is the same website as the portal. I think it is the same! Thank you for all your love and support this week, I truly miss and love all you guys so much! I’m doing all right here though; I don’t think that I’ll need anything in a package ever (he says as he prays for more fudge). We have pretty much everything here we could want.

No comments:

Post a Comment