Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, August 12, 2013

DD 1.15 ... I'm totally in Japan ... Watanabe Choro

I don't know if y’all realize this, but I’m totally in Japan!!!!!!!!!!

Its way great here, but first things first, the scripture case was too small, I will be fine though, I was able to get my scriptures here all right, and hopefully I will be able to buy a case at the hundred yen store, rather than getting an 80 dollar package with a case which might not work.

Second, the flight was alright. I sat between two sisters from my zone, one from my district, so that was good. It was weird not having a companion for 11 hours, but it was alright! I was in the very center of the plane so no window, but I did have a glass panel under my feet to see beneath me. Tell you what, Japan airlines are way SWEET!!!!!! Suteki desu yo ne!!!! As we would say here ...

We got in around eleven thirty, but by the time we got to the church, where the elders slept, it was like one in the morning. We slept on futons that night; they are way comfy turns out!

We spent a day in training, and then the next day we met out trainers and left to go to our new areas. Saying goodbye to my district wasn't that hard, because we didn't really get to say good bye, it all went so fast!

It is way hot here; my trainer is a Nihonjin ... that means that he is Japanese ... his English is pretty good, for being in Japan his whole life. It’s rough sometimes, but I feel as though it will help me out in the long run. I already understand a lot more than I did before.

I didn't get a bike yet, because my debit card does NOT work in Japan, any advice? Thanks, there are two other elders in my apartment, another Nihonjin, and another one from Australia, but he has been here 18 months, so he’s way good at the Japan speak. It’s been rough, but I love it here!!!

The first day with my trainer, we just went to a ghetto little convenience store for lunch, we had to hurry, because we had a lesson that night right when we got back. It was interesting, it was like bread with chocolate on it ... I know right, but it was way good!!! That lesson went well, I helped teach a little bit, but it still went well, we actually met with that same guy again today. The next day we taught six lessons ... unheard of right! My companion is way good!!!! He is amazing!!!! He is so hard working, his name is Watanabe Choro, he’s so little and adorable and ASIAN!!!!!
Griffiths Choro & Watanabe Choro
The food here is way good, although it is doing funny things to my insides, mostly its ramen and curry, but not hot curry, its more sweet though. It makes my pooh orange ... I know, I’m a little concerned. I hope that I will get more used to it as I eat more of it, but I really don’t know yet.

My toilet is normal, in my apartment and at the church, but today actually I really had to go, like way bad, so we stopped at the Inage train station, and I used the toilet there ... now imagine how flexible I am, or am not; and remember that my friend has been telling me for weeks that japan is a first world country ... so in I go, and lo and behold ... I see a hole in the ground ... not just any hole tough, this thing is high tech, I’m talking automatic flush with like a jet tube that shoots your pooh down when you done, but still, it’s a hole in the ground ... so yeah ... this is gonna be interesting! I survived though, and more importantly, so did my pants ... wahoo!!!! Never again! I will hold it till we get to the church or back home! Is this what you mean by, think of it as an adventure; it was fun though. I need to get a picture to send to you ... it’s pretty cool actually, new life goal - be able to use those things effectively.

This week the weather hasn't been too bad, its bloody hot, but my native companion sweats more than I do, so I think that I’m doing alright. Its soooooooooo humid here, we got off the plane and it was like "this tunnel is really hot," and then we realized that it was the whole country!!! It’s pretty nice tough, shaving is nice! I like that heat, it feels good. We sleep on futons at night, they are way comfy and the sheets you sent me are great!! I love them!!! In the mornings, we just work out in the room, I have not been running yet, but maybe I will go someday.

I love Budge Kaichou (President Budge, the Mission President), he so chill, and so great! They are way nice people!!!! I am currently serving in Chiba area inside of Chiba zone! Its great here! My companion and his old companion had a baptism yesterday (for me) so I got to have one on my first week, here! It was great, and because the elder that baptized him is my old companions trainer I got to see my MTC doryo too! It was great!

I hear that if you want to ship anything here, you should use amazon! I am good for now though, I can get everything at the shopping center here, its massive!!


Natto
Bad story time: so walnuts are way expensive, so I figured I was pretty safe, I mean who spends 600 Yen for a couple ounces, no one! That is ridiculous, but apparently this sister really loves the missionaries, so I took a bite of a delicious cookie, it was small and my reaction wasn't that bad at all, but still, I was humbled by the Lord!

I think that I might get to eat Natto this week sometime; that will be fun. Natto is the fermented beans ... thing, it looks like snot in a can with giant boogers in it ... yeah ... oshie des ne?

Onto my family, I am sorry that y’all are starting school this week; that is hard always. I am jealous of the hot air balloon festival, and the running, that sounds way sweet;

I am also excited to check out said blog, I think that I will look just once (he can’t get to it, blogger.com is blocked). Can you tell how many people have looked at it? I think that that would be cool, have dad work on applying a counting program to see how many hits my life gets. Also feel free to put anything from my letters in it, anything you guys hear from around the world can also go in it. I hope that all is going well.

I love it here though; everyone is great and loves the missionaries! I think that coming home will be harder than coming out though; but I have two years until that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment