Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, April 27, 2015

DD 15.65 ... これから中国語しか勉強しないのです

Do you want to buy  a pass of all passess?
I will have two months before I got to school ... I'll leave it up to the sisters, how much time do they want to spend with me? maybe ... get me one as well.

Ok, we give up. In the picture you sent us what are you pointing at?? We aren't sure ...
... I was doing a peace sign ... I live in Asia.

Did you buy new short sleeved or long sleeved white shirts? Do your have your size? Or did you have them made?
Short sleeve, like this country has sleeves long enough for me.

Do you have an oven in your apartment?
Nope ... we have a sweet toaster though.

How is your new bike holding up? were you able to salvage other parts off from the old bike?
I stole my mountain bike chain and I am using a seven hundred dollar road bike with it on ... I did replace the brakes, and it's perfect now ... as long as I don't use the gear three, six, and gear seven ... my chain is to short for that.
My new ride ...
Have you ever made a salad or dessert while on your mission?
Dessert yes ...

Do they have icecream in Japan like the ice cream we have here?? or is it different?
Not really, it's pretty different. The only tub of ice cream I've ever seen is vanilla or Neapolitan ... mostly it's like little ice cream snacks.

Do you need any toothpaste, or deodorant? Anything? 
Just a loving family for when I get back!

What is the news on your last transfer? Are you getting a new companion? Are you staying or moving on?
I'm staying here in Narita, and my new companion is Lin Choro ... he's a transfer five, he has way good Japanese ... and did I mention he's from China!!! I'm no longer studying Japanese BTW.

What are the changes within the District? What changes are happening within the apartment?
Clark Choro is leaving and Morishita Choro is training.  The Shimai are in a threesome now with a trainee.
Muraro Shimai, Murata Shimai, Griffiths Choro, Morishita Choro, Clark Choro, Spindler Choro
Are you still reading the D&C backwards ... Dad is a little behind ... he is reading Section 50 something, but should be reading 40 something ... where are you?
I may have stopped ... glad for dad that he's pushing though!

Any chance you can get bike parts from the mission office? or from others in your zone? Do all the missionaries leave your bikes at the mission office when they go home?
I'm not sure what to do with my bikes (I now have two) when I leave ... but really, they're fine! Don't worry.

How is your health? doing ok? eating well?
I'm crazy exhausted, but I think it's just because I'll be a transfer sixteen now ... I hear that happens when you get close to going home.

Father! Sadly, it wasn't the bearing or the crankshaft that broke on my bike ... it was the frame around that part of the bike ... it got wrecked. Thanks for the advice, I think I will buy something ... maybe a sword, or a dragon, or maybe some ninja stars of sorts ... anyway thanks for the advice!!

Mother!!! Sounds like the young women are having a good time! That's so cool about Waylon scoring a goal!! Whooo!!! I'm so excited to play with him when I get back, I've been practicing for like two years now, so I hope I'm better than a six year old!!

Sam, sounds like your trip rocked, let's go snorkeling sometime, maybe to Okinawa ... it's like the Bahamas of Asia, I've heard. A half marathon sounds good. The altitude might just kill me, but I should be able to hack it. It's like nine minute miles with you still right?

Stormer of Geddon, the zoo sounds so legit!!! I'm sorry that the Anne of Green Gables-a-thon hero has died, that's no good! Have fun with your movies! Is Camille and your other peeps going to join you like in the past? Or is it a personal adventure this time!

So today is transfer calls, and we have like no time, it was also zone pDay
Buddies from the MTC last week on T-Day
Justesen Choro, Griffiths Choro, Turley Choro
In short, S-San is way golden, he wants to come to church and is way excited to meet with us more and more and read the bible. K-San is going to get baptized in the seventh of June, my last Sunday here, but there is a possibility that it may be  moved up some more, because he rocks. On Sunday as a district we had seven people at church, our companionship had four. And it's way sweet!!!

So transfers, I'm staying here, my new companion is Chinese. The ward is doing well, and Spindler Choro and Clark Choro are leaving.

Sorry, this week has been crazy busy, we just got to meet kento everyone. Spindler Choro has been here for like seven months, like me in Abiko, so he knows everyone here, and now I need to meet and get to know everyone!

Spiritual moment for the week.
I've been thinking a lot about spiritual maturity recently. I find it interesting that the Lord trusts an eighteen year old guy with the Melchizedek Priesthood, the power to create worlds ... sometimes I kind of feel like it's giving a sports car to a five year old. But it also makes me think that God expects us to be prepared enough by that time in our life to be able to handle such an opportunity. I firmly believe that the atonement has the power to change each and every one of us in an instant, so why shouldn't we be totally ready by the time we're eighteen. I've seen a lot of missionaries come back, and they all have callings now. Most of them are the leaders in the ward, we only have sixty people in our ward and fifty of them are women. So the returning Choro's are put to work right when they get back. It's inspires me to not only be a really good missionary, but to try to be a really solid member so that I can do the things that the Lord may ask me to do when I get home, whether it's to be a Home Teacher, Ward Mission Leader, serving in an Elders Quorum presidency, or any other calling, I want to be prepared ... I probably won't ever feel like I actually am ready, but it would be nice if I actually was.

Thanks for all you all do, for all of us,
Love you! Elder Griffiths!
12625 11777

No comments:

Post a Comment