Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, April 6, 2015

DD 15.35 ... So yeah ... Funny story ...

I need to preface this email with something. We got new iPads ... and my new fancy technology only remembers Sam's email address ... so yes, I still love you all, but you all picked hard eMail addresses to remember, and Sam didn't for some reason ... so, you'll all be getting email via smashed potatoes and gravy ... hopefully ...

What was your favorite book that you read as a child?
Pickle Chiffon Pie was TeJay's, I don't really remember mine, but I do really like that one too!!! Or The Prince and the Pauper book that was really big and hardcover, we have like thirty of them downstairs and what not.

Who was in the picture with your information on the back? We can't find it? 
I think it was a photograph of me and grandpa ... it should be on my magnet wall, or on the ground by it if Abi knocked it off while she was sleeping on my bed. :)

Is there any where else your Aggie password might be? It's not a big deal if you don't remember it or don't know, I'll call USU tomorrow and get it taken care of, we just can't find the pic with the info on the back so we're trying other options ... either way it'll be fine though so don't stress.
Somewhere in my brain ... but it's buried under two years of Japanese and Gospel teachings, so it's not coming out anytime soon.

Did you do anything special for Easter?
Got hard boiled eggs from the primary!
Did you have Elder Nelson speak to you twice in three weeks? We got confused.
Twice, once to the members on Sunday Evening, which Budge Kaichou wanted us to go to, and then to the missionaries in Tokyo and the Tokyo South missions on the following Wednesday.

Is our futon like the futons you have in Japan? Asking because if it is, having you sleep on the futon when you get home is the obvious choice... (Abi)
Ours might be comfortable, but it's very, very different.

How soon do you get your flight information? #UtahValleyMarathanIsTheNextMorningAfterYouGetBack. should Sam sign up for it?
(mom wrote that hashtag and I just saw it and am DYING)
Word on the street is that I may have to buy my own ticket home ... not really sure, I'll try to find out for you though ... and Sam, I'm totally running that with you, I won't sign up, but I'll run!

How is the older gentleman that you taught after English class last week?
He came back this week, and then booked it out after the class.

Have you used your new shoes yet? (there is still some friendly debate on the homefront about whether it was necessary to send them. #SamForTheWin)
... ... ... Weeeell.
When was the last time you washed your sheets? #realtalk
... like, a little while ago.

Have you dry cleaned any suits at general conference time? #samisdoubtful
Yes!!! Doubting Thomas, I have,

Have you seen the new video "Because He Lives" yet?
... ... Yeah, a couple times now ... ... we show it to people while we house, street, pass out fliers, visit members, teach lessons, less actives, and then we watch it ourselves when we plan to make sure it's good for the people we wanna show it too.

Do you know when you will have facebook again? will you get it before the end of your mission?
We might get it back June tenth ... hopefully sooner though.

How is your new ipad treating you?
It's fancy and black....

Where did you get the 30 lb weight? Is it a ball or barbell? #RunWithItInYourArms
Barbell, and it was just here when I got here.
Father, Thanks for the mail, I really liked the picture of Tokyo ... I'm going to use it to teach people, the apostasy, or prayer, or something, but it's gonna be sweet!!! Thanks for your thoughts about conference as well. I'm so excited!!! As a missionary conference is like the Super Bowl, we've been announcing to people that we have super church this Sunday and it's so great it's going to spillover to Saturday as well ... I'm excited to hear all the talks, don't worry, sooner than you think, I'll be home and we'll watch conference together again ... I only have like two months left ...

Mother! Tell Waylon, I'll wreck him at checkers, and then teach him how to play chess ... And then we'll both best grandpa!!! It'll be so fun!!! I'm glad to hear that grandma is doing well. I can't believe she still goes out and picks her weeds by herself, that's crazy!!! Good for her ... I was surprised to hear that you both did the Easter egg hunt this year, I mean you told me that soon as I stopped believing, it would stop happening ... good to know my faith is that strong.

Gravy boat!! Good work getting Waylon hooked on soccer ... now we can play when I get back!!, I've actually gotten a lot better since I've been in Japan ... we play a surprising amount here ... thanks for all the videos!!! Good work getting Jayli to call me Uncle Awesome!, all that's left are Waylon apparently and my other nephews!! I feel like running your marathon with you ... it will be a good way to get myself back in shape ... I just hope that I can make it home in time. I say sign up ... don't sign me up, but can I still run it with you? That's the question?

Storm of awesomeness ... you're awesome, keep being a boss missionary for two months!!

Hey abs of steel!! That's the worst cliffhanger ever!! I'm dying to know what happens next!! Lemme know okay!!! Sounds like this week was fun!! Also, I love kickball!! We're gonna play with the kids all the time in our back yard when I get back ... but first, when did the parents get grass? I remember them planting it and you watering it for like twelve hours a day, but when did it ever come in? When did this happen!?! It just blew my mind!!!

So this week!!!
Monday, we played basketball ... I've gotten better as a missionary ... turns out my arms are crazy long, and I can steal the ball from anyone!
Chiba North and South Zones; March 31, 2015
Tuesday!! We had zone conference, where we got new iPads ... and that was pretty much our whole day ... pretty sweet!!
Manner is form
Wednesday, we had eikaiwa, and it was good. Taught some people English, and we met with K-San before hand. It was good, he doesn't believe  anything that we've taught him yet, but he said that if the Book of Mormon is true, then everything is true. We're going to focus on that with him and it should be good ...

Thursday, we didn't do anything all day but knock on doors and get rejected, and then just as we're about to give up, Sister A calls us and says K-San is coming to her house for dinner and a lesson, y'all gonna be there or what? And so we went, and he wanted to know more about what kind of blessings you get as a member, so we talked about that and set it up so that we can talk about baptism next time.

Friday, I went on splits with Clark Choro and we found a Jehovah's Witness who wanted the Book of Mormon so bad, you could set in his eyes, but he kept saying no cuz they're not allowed to study other churches ... huge warning bell if you ask me.

This bike has no chain ...

Saturday ... more eikaiwa!! Then we went to the Bishop's house and had dinner with our homie F-San. He's half American and Japanese, fluent in all the languages ... and he said on Sunday that there's not much holding him back from baptism, so he's going to come to conference and seek answers and what not.

Sunday. Church, and then we taught F-San again, he has a parrot ... it's awesome!!!!!! It makes the sound like a fish tank ... like exactly ... it's crazy cool, it speaks Japanese and English ... and it's way Good!!!!!

But this week I've been thinking a lot about a lot of stuff. We all have all of these goals, especially spiritual goals, especially right after conference, it's like new years ... but for members of the church. And I feel, particularly myself, that I always make goals, and then a week later I have totally forgotten all of them. Way sad right!?! And thats no good because all of the progression that I thought that I had made is really just forgotten ... notes somewhere in my notebook. So what I decided to do is to make reminders in my iPad to help me do specific things to help me remember my goals, like every night I want to read my patriarchal blessing, and I want to follow the advice and counsel given to me in it ... so I have an alarm that goes off every night at like ten to remind me to read it, and to help me remember what I should be doing! It's helped a lot I think. It was Budge Kaichou who told us how to make goals last week:
Pray,
Focus on others
Write them down
Make them eternal, but at the same time realistic
If you do, then you have power goals ... and that's just awesome!!!
Pictures of me and the sakura ...

Well, I gots to go jet, Sakura came out this week, then it got freezing cold and rainy, and most of them died ... But I got some pictures that I'll send, and a video!!!

Love you all lots!!!!
Sam, forward this to everyone!!!
Elder Griffiths
12283 11529

No comments:

Post a Comment