Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

DD 15.56 ... So I Trashed My Bike ...

How is the weather there? Spring? or Winter like us?
It's crazy warm!! Like short sleeves and I'm hot when we bike to the church.

Who is Elder Morishita? Roommate?
Yeah, he's Clarke Choro's companion.

Explain what Strawberry Lassie is?? What are the ingredients in it? do you have a recipe?
I do not have a recipe. It's like yogurt in a drink ... that's strawberry flavored ... they should have it at any place that has ramen and claims to be a real Indian Curry Place ...

Is K-San getting baptized?
Yes!!! He doesn't have a date yet, but he's probably going to commit this week!!

Is Costco close to Narita? do you go often? do you need a membership card?
It's pretty far. We have to have a member drive us there ... and yeah, you need a card, and so we don't go that often.

Have you bought any mementos to bring home?
A couple ... I got a ramen bowl and some other stuff from some people ...

Have you collected any recipes for Japanese food that you like?
... I can't say that I have ... I'll get on it.

Did you get your freeze dried package yet?
Yes!!! It rocked! Seriously so good!! The cookies tasted interesting. I think the machine took the air out of the inside of the cookies as well ... But they we're still crazy good when I dipped them in milk.

How are your suits holding up? Will they last until the end?
They're totally fine ... I might buy some new shirts today, mine are a little trashed from the last two summers here. I found some really cheap ones that will hold up until I get home though!!

How are your investigators doing? Any progress?
Yes!! See below!!

Any new investigators?
Yes!! See below!

Anyone you would like us to pray for this week?
Yes!! See below.

Father! That picture is ridiculous ... makes me excited to get old though, that's for sure! It's good to hear that the Bishop's wife is doing well enough to come to church! Thanks for the analogy about spring and winter being like Christ and the atonement ... I think that I'm going to use it with our investigators ... pretty much they all need a better understanding of the atonement ...

Mother! Sorry that you woke up early yesterday morning to read my email ... that I didn't send. We're going to the temple today and so we're doing pday on Tuesday this week. It's also funny that you mention my bike because I destroyed it this week, but more on that later. Glad that the YM&YW had a good time doing the murder mystery! I don't even know who they are anymore. But it sounds like it would be fun, I'm dying to see my sisters try to teach you and dad how to play dance signs BTW. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be awesome.

Sam ... I'm pretty sure I can run your race with you when I get back. I mean I bike around all day. How hard can running twenty six miles be ... not to hard I don't think. It sounds like your cruise is fun! Trivia sounds legit and what not. You find all sorts of new things when I'm gone ... we'll hit it up when I get back and we'll wreck it, was there any questions about Asia, cuz I got those in the bag, but anything else, I'm pretty sure I won't be of any use.

Stormageddon ... thank you for the pictures ... I do have a question though ... what happened to man-root? He was there when I left. But now he's gone ... and I'm very confused. Second item of business ... remember how everyone doubted that Clyde was a stallion and would last forever? Sorry to hear that the jet broke down ... again ... that's all.  Congrats on going to institute and Ward Prayer! That's so cool! Although I do not remember said flapper-doodle game, I'm pretty excited to see mom and dad play said game.

So my week ... BTW ... I will only write you guys like seven more times ... Crazy!!!!!

So this week for me.
Monday. Nothing really happened except that when we went to go to the church that night, I destructed my bike ... Like totally. The people said that it would be like six hundred dollars to fix ... crazy!!! Don't worry, I didn't get hit or anything, I've just been riding it like a champion for almost two years, and where the pedals and the frame connect ... well it got wrecked. Like my pedals are going to fall out soon if I keep riding it ... but yeah, got destroyed ... and I have like two months left so I'm not really feeling like a new bike ...

Tuesday! We went to Asahi to try to fix my bike, but it's hopeless ... so then ... I'm a genius ... do you remember that video of the bike with no chain that I rode. Well, it's a road bike, and so I took some parts, namely my chain and brake line and brake lever and attached them to the other bike ... the chain is a little small, the brakes are mismatched, but they work a little too good. I got a seven hundred dollar road bike that works perfectly for fifteen bucks ... I didn't have the right pin for the chain and had to go buy one. But still, pretty cheap, and as long as I don't go into first or second gear in the back, it rides like a champ!!!

Then on Tuesday night we found a new ivestigator named S-San. He's studying with the Jehovah Witness right now and loves the Bible. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he wants to come to church. We visited him again on Sunday and we have an appointment with him tonight to talk about the restoration! We're so excited!!!

Wednesday, we just had eikaiwa and what not, we said good bye to our friend N-San. He moved to Mount Fuji to work at a hotel, but we got him a Thai Book of Mormon and set him up with the elders in the south mission so he's all good!!

Thursday night we met with K-San at U-San Shimai home, she went off and taught him all the commandments and was like testifying like crazy! He committed to come to church and seems pretty solid for baptism, but needs to pray a bit more.

Friday, we had FHE with the M-San family. They're way chill, their son is awesome, but they don't really have a lot of interest in committing to anything.

Saturday, we met with no-one, but we found a sweet place to go finding!! There are lots of college students and what not down there and it's crazy! I'm so excited to go back and find all the people that live there!!!
Look what we found!!!
Sunday, we really wanted to see a big miracle at church this week, and as a district we were supposed to have like eight people there, but out of the people that we were planning on being there, we only had two ... kind of sad. But then K-San and Y-San came as well, Y-San is one of the members boyfriends who's been a long time investigator. He's a fireman and so he's crazy busy and doesn't really have time to do much anything but work, but it was crazy cool!!! We also had a less active come to church.  He's been a member for like twenty years ... he likes the social aspect of being a member.

Then yesterday was just a normal Monday, we met with another recent convert and we are going to start working with him. He's so cool!!!

So this week I've been thinking a lot about how much time I have left ... I'm not trunky, I just don't have that much time left. So I've been thinking about the goals that I had set at the beginning of my mission and whether  I have accomplished them or not. Although I'm still not a master finder or the best at Japanese, I see now that I've come to the point where I can do those things. I can teach people in Japanese, I can't do much else with it, but I can teach, and I have been finding people recently, so it's comforting to know that the Lord really does help us out with our goals. I really wish that I knew what I know now at the beginning of my mission, I feel like I could be so much more effective, and that because I still have so much I can learn I could be so much better now if I had known it all then. But I think about it and it motivates me for the future, I want to be prepared for what's up ahead. I want to take the time that I have now to prepare for then so when that time comes, I'll be able to say that I've tried my best, so the Lord will do the rest.

Thanks for all the love and support that you all show me all the time!
Love, Elder Griffiths
12560 11708

No comments:

Post a Comment