Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, February 9, 2015

DD 14.15 ... candy, candy, and more candy ...

Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?
Eating candy, candy, and more candy ... what else would I do?

Did you buy another coat or is the one in all your pictures the one you took?
It's still the rain coat I bought here.
Wearing everything I found in the apartment ...
Did you decide what to do about your iPad? What are other missionaries doing?
I don't think I'm going to buy one ... I really hate taking notes and typing on it ... I think a laptop would be a better investment. I used to take Jarvis to class, and it was quite nice. The four hundred I could spend here, I think would be better spent on a computer with a full sized keyboard so I can type more readable.

How are your ping pong skills compared to other American missionaries?
I beat all the Shimai; a lot of the Choros, but no-one here in Abiko.

Do you ever wear your old shoes or just your new ones?
I only wear my new shoes in the rain ... or to church.

Have you adjusted to your bike brakes yet??
Yes!

Has your companion ever fallen off his bike?
No ... he ran into some bushes once though.

Now there are fewer of you in your district, do you have to teach gospel principles more often ? Stressful? Or are you OK with it?
Yes, it's very stressful ... did I mention that it's in Japanese?

We know you can't read other church books (like by Sherri Dew, etc) but can you look up and read other church talks?
Anything in the Gospel Library App.

Do you like Nutella? Did you like it before you left?
I had never had it before I left, but it's way good now!

Have you talked to Jon (your birthday sharing roommate) lately?
Not recently, no.

Are you reading the D & C countdown (You should have read D&C 125 this morning)?
I'm a little behind, but I have started.

Is the nephew Julius still visiting?
Yes ... he has no plans to go back to America.

What is palm aid?
I'm not really sure, I think it's like hair gel.

How are all your investigators doing? Any come to church yesterday?
Yea!!!

How are the contacts doing? need to order more?
I have a lot still ... remember how you ordered enough for me to use them properly for two years ... I use them a little (a lot) longer than the recommended two weeks, so I still have a lot left.

Why did your last week's email have "glasses, glasses, glasses" as the heading? Do you wear your glasses now? Did they break? Are you wearing them more?
I just wore them a lot last week ... that's all.
Griffiths Choro, Dicastri Choro, Brother R-San w/1000 paper cranes
Father! Thank you for reminding me how good of writers Sam and I are! I love team work! I too miss Home Teaching with you. I feel as though my next companion won't be so okay with me setting up the appointment, and him sharing the message ... maybe I can swing it though ... I feel good about trying!

Mother! I do not feel good about all this healthiness ... but I don't see what you have against tofu ... it's way good for you, has no taste, and is really cheap! Well, it's cheap here at least. That's cool about famous people in our ancestors, let me know if you find anyone! That would be cool to share with people on the street!


Smasher ... buy me a hedgehog, I'll train it to do backflips! I feel good about the new basketball friends that you made, also suggestion: watch where you're going when you're running. It wouldn't be great (or maybe it would) if you ran into another stop sign, or heaven forbid, stuff that was actually moving. Please do try to be safe. The construction cone blowing into your face is hilarious though. Thanks for the image. I have to beat you in the marathon that we run together when I get back. 

Abdominals of steel. That's what I have; how about you Abi! I feel good about how you're being humbled by God, I feel like we could all use it once in a while!! As for crazy dessert of deliciousness ... I believe they're called indecently dressed brownies ... and ask anyone of my companions ... I'll be ready to eat a pan of them right off the plane. Seriously. Bring some. To the airport.  Dicastri Choro testifies to what I have said ...

This week!!
Tuesday we met with O-San! It was okay, he still smokes, but not as much, like he's down to ten a day, from forty! He has a little problem with tithing ... well, it's a big problem actually; he thinks that churches that ask for money aren't true ... but he still meets with us. We're going to re-teach tithing; see if we can build his faith.

Wednesday, we saw off Yoshino Choro, and then taught A-San! He's got a crazy life story!! It's insane!! But he's doing good. He said that he needs a little more time before he gets baptized, but he still comes to church every week!!! He's so great!!

Thursday we did some planning, and talked to brother M-San! He's a Muslim convert ... and has been to church exactly twice since he got baptized. He's doing good, really mostly talking to people. He has diabetes, and rarely leaves his apartment, he has good days and bad days, we try to go on his good days!!

Friday!! We played ping pong, and J-San and H-San came, we had a way good lesson with H-San, a karate master. He's been praying and reading the Book of Mormon for a week straight now, trying to find out if God is really there!! He's so great!!!

Then on Saturday at eikaiwa we had a throwout session with J-San, he doubts that God could be there, because the human mind has so much power it can fake emotions, and if someone fasts and is studying hard enough, then when they have crazy hallucinations, of course it will be about God ... and now I'm just thinking how sad his life is, not knowing the truth.  I'm pretty sure that he has some trust issues ... but then again, he hasn't had the easiest of life! So you just have to love him!!
Griffiths Choro, Y-San, Dicastri Choro
Sunday! O-San and A-San came to church! O-San went to church in Koiwa three years ago, and loved it, so then when he moved here, he wanted to come again! He loves church because all of the people there have a good temper, and he wants to become such (his words, not mine ... ). So we told him that we can talk about how to do that, and we would love to meet!! He's pretty solid!

Monday, (today) we found Almond Rocca from who knows how long ago and ate it and it was soooooooo good!!? I love candy FYI, it's delicious!!

So this week on FACEBOOK, I saw a couple of quotes that were awesome! One was about Satan being like a lion, fighting tooth and nail to keep us from progressing, and then the other one was about how this life is not predestined. We have our choices, and God will not make us something that we don't want to become. It reminded me of my patriarchal blessing. It says a lot stuff about what I'll become, and what kind of person I'll be, and I was kinda waiting around for it to happen, but now I realize that I was complacent, I was lazy, and was expecting God to do all of the work. It takes a lot of effort on my part as well, I can't just sit around and wait, but I have to work for it, I have to fight tooth and nail for everything written in there, because Satan is doing the same to keep me from it! And we're all too good for that to happen.

If you haven't, in last couple of weeks, go read your personal chapter of scripture ... it might just change your life forever! Also have I been spelling patriarch right? I have no idea?

Love ya! Griffiths Choro!
11414 10415

No comments:

Post a Comment