Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, February 2, 2015

DD 13.75 ... Glasses ... glasses, glasses ...

How did transfers turn out? Tell us all about it!!
Abiko became a four man, and guess who's district leader ... me - again. It's Dicastri Choro and me, and Adair Shimai and Minson Shimai.  Mayama Shimai is going to Chosei and Yoshino Choro is going to Joetsu!!! I'm here for five transfers baby!!! WHOOO!

How is your health?
Fine!

One of the missionaries we fed today eats gluten free, are you being careful about nuts??
Fine!! No incidents (recently).

How are your investigators doing? anyone come to church today?
Three people!! See below?

Probably asked this before, can't remember, do the young men participate in Boy Scouts in Japan?
Yes, a little different than BSA, but they have it! Like once a week at the church!

How is the weather there? cold? any snow? it is almost 50 degrees here, there is talk of trying to get some sun!
Warm ... too warm, I miss the snow.

Is the Ramon there like Top Ramon or is it sooooo much better?
It makes Top Ramen look like eating a big bowl of hair. It's like Donald Trump and the neighborhood lemonade stand ... ones just so much better than the other!

When did you last get a hair cut?
Three weeks ago.

Have you been running?
Yep! We go 3 times a week and it's glorious! 

Dad wants to know if you are doing the D&C countdown with him? Dad started it, he needs more scripture reading in his day!!
I'm working, but I'm a little behind ... too much to study for my people!

Do they have Nutella in Japan? It is made of hazelnuts, but don't eat it just in case!
I have eaten it here ... like whole jars already ... oops?

Is the next transfer only five weeks?
Six I think!

Father!
Personally, I like getting emails from you on pDay, I feel as though I never write back to letters, so let's keep the emails happening, as for the poems ... I need some real mail or I would have no reason to check the mailbox everyday ... and then I would be crazy, checking it without reason. ABSURD. (Ahem. Not so subtle guilt trip for everyone else in the family not sending me letters) I'm impressed, you know that many people in the ward! That's crazy impressive!! I'm realizing how hard that is by how tough it is to learn everyone's names here! It's rough!

Mother!
Thank you for cleaning the couch! Remember when I attacked it with bug spray? Sorry about that ... not really sure what I was thinking then ... thanks for the update on the young women's lesson. Grateful in any circumstance, I think that's exactly what I need right now. Things are great; our older group of investigators are giving us opportunities now.

Smashed to pieces ...
Way to go running! Fifteen miles! Your marathon will be fine! Try to avoid murder creeps though ... that's kinda sketch. I'm sorry work is without food! Maybe you could just line your purse with tinfoil, and fill it up with food before you go in? And then again before you leave? Name that episode! And I have no idea what show your quote was from ... I wanna say friends though. (Note from Sam: Correct!) 

Abdominal pain ...
Sorry about the challenges on your job, that's way rough, congrats on the meditation thing, what do you mean you have to redo your make up though? I'm confused. But it seems like it's a good thing ... ps. Sam feels like she's not strong enough to run by herself, and needs a running buddy. I would do it, but I'm asleep, and on the other side of the world when she goes. Can y'all help a brother out?

This week! Tuesday, I crashed my bike in the rain, and sprained my wrist ... I tightened my brakes the day before, and apparently I did a little too good of a job, clenched them too tight, and slid around a corner in the rain ... I'm totally fine now though!! Really, no holes in my pants or anything! 100% fine ... except my pride ... That's down a little bit.

Wednesday, a member brought her nephew named Julius from Pennsylvania to eikaiwa ... to meet some Nihongo friends ... she's wanting him to take over her multi-million dollar company when she's too old to run it ... But first he needs to learn Japanese, and go to college and get his life in order it seems ... he's way chill though ... keeps trying to get us to buy palm aid ... he has way nice suits though!!

Thursday we had some finding time, and found a ton of people, I literally mean like a ton, so many new people!! It's crazy!!

Friday, we went to hear Aoyagi Choro speak, and that was way good, way spiritual and we all got a lot good stuff from it!!! Then that night we went to ping pong and met with J-San, H-San, O-San, and U-San; we threw down with them and what not!!
Mission Tour with Aoyagi ... January 30 in Chiba
Then on Saturday, we met with Julius and his Aunt to go get yaku niku, pretty much all you can eat raw meat that you grill yourself ... I ate so much!!

Sunday Julius same to church as well as O-San and A-San, and Sunday's chill with these two Japanese people was awesome!! It rocked! The spirit was so strong, and in the words of Yoshino Choro, "a plethora of testimony was born" ... I don't know why study Japanese. Then we visited W-San, and he's doing fine still ... but I worry about him sometimes.

On Monday morning we got transfer calls, I'm glad that I get to stay one more transfer, I thought for sure that I would be gone, but now I get to see all sorts of cool miracles. I think that the Lord kept me here for this transfer, we've done so much, and this transfer hopefully we're going to see all the fruits of our labors. I'm really sad to see Yoshino Choro and Mayama Shimai go. I really hate transfers, because no matter who is leaving, it's always crazy sad.  Abiko is just a four man now, the smallest ward I've ever been in, but I think that it'll be okay.  Should be a wild adventure to go out on!!

This weeks spiritual insight from Griffiths Choro:
Gratitude. It was actually during the Aoyagi conference where I thought I needed to be more grateful. There are so many things that are happening right now that I can't explain or find a reason why, but I have to assume that they're for my good. I néed to face things with an attitude of gratitude! That makes it  much easier to deal with in the end. I would invite you all to be grateful for all the little things that happen this week: your car starting on the first try, being able to drive to work. Having a convenient location to buy peanut butter at for under 10 dollars to dip Oreos into.. It's so great! I think all in all, life is good for each and everyone of us. And how awesome is that!!! Thank you all for being such an amazing family, I really do love each and everyone of you!! You rock!!

Love, Griffiths Choro
11329 10188

No comments:

Post a Comment