Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, January 26, 2015

DD 13.65 ... Do you have time ... Do you have time to meet ... Do you have a time to meet ... Do you have the time ...

What is the transfer news? Who in your district is going where?
Nope, that's next week. Koichi Aoyagi Choro is coming this week ... so it's a seven week transfer!!

How are you feeling? Still tired? Maybe you need some vitamin C?
I feel great, I started getting up at six to read the Book of Mormon in Japanese everyday, and feel awesome!

How is your bike doing since you fixed it? Tires holding up?
Fixed the tires, wore out the brakes, and then  fixed them so well, then I almost killed myself, because I'm not used to them yet ... almost flew right over the handle bars ... thrice!

How is Dicastri Choro doing? Has he been sick again?
He's great!

Do you eat a lot of bread in Japan? Any? What kind? Sandwiches? PB and J? Subway?
Jam on bread, cinnamon and sugar on bread, butter on bread, plain bread, spam on bread, sauce of lunch on bread, everything but peanut butter cuz we don't have any.

Did you have more investigators come to church now that the Abiko building is open again?
At least one every week!! We should have more, but we're pretty sure they are all are sleeping at ten now.

When was the last time you saw snow?
On Wednesday, it snowed just a little bit before it turned in to rain.

Do you have any holes in your pants yet?
Nope!!

When was the last time you used the priesthood to bless some one?
On Monday, when Dicastri Choro was sick!

How was your Skype call with Turley Choro to help with your lesson? Did he mention how he was doing?
The meeting with J-San was canceled. Turley Choro is doing well though, he might come back at the end of February!

Let us know what you need? And we will unite in prayer in your behalf.
Please pray for me to be able to have a good enough attitude to show an example to those around me!

Father!!! That puzzle is legit!!! I'm kinda jealous! As for the fireside, I have one thing to say ... Perk of America, understanding things that people are saying ... I never understand the firesides here! It's kinda lame! Thanks for the insights though! I need to list my strengths ... and figure out how to apply them to my investigators! Thanks for the advice! Love you!!! Tons!!!

Mother!!! Twelve loaves of bread sounds so good!! Think of all the jam and peanut butter and honey and butter, and honey butter that you could put on all of it! I look at bread as a vehicle for the thing that's driving it to my mouth ... that's really all it is to me! I like your plans for it though!!!

Porter and family!,! Happy birthday!!! You're so big and grown up now right? Driving tractors and I even heard you stole some from a dragon and ate it yourself!?! That's so cool!!! I can't wait to come home and have so many adventures with you and your big back yard!!!

Sam ... I showed amasofpoo to my companion, and he thought it was ridiculous ... Cali sounds fun, but by the sound of your voice, I think that you've gained a little weight ... maybe a lot, better go running again! I mean if you eat any bread that mom and dad have, it might go straight to your arms ... and that wouldn't be good!! How's that for motivation? Also, I'm dying to see you try to cut some wood with a saw!

Abs of steel!! What's the Kritch's real name? I've totally forgotten, oops! It sounds as though things are back to normal, but I'm not there to be the chill person ... you sound stressed! And all you have to say is go buy some ice-cream! Sam will cave and go buy some with you, maybe even a root beer freeze! Maybe even some famous stars from like when we were at school!! Kelton! That's his name, we went to go get tacos that one time! I remember now!

This week was sweet! I mailed you all on Tuesday so I don't really feel as though that much time has passed. On Wednesday, it snowed, but didn't stick, it quickly turned to an ice rain, but I hear the more rain that gets on your name tag, the more celestial glory you get, so the four minute bike ride home without rain pants was totally worth it. I thought that because it was snowing, I wouldn't need them ... I was wrong.  :(

Thursday!
... We did weekly planning!

Friday!!! We had district meeting, and then ping pong!!! Crazy night!! So many people came and I got schooled so hard, apparently living in Japan for ten years, and being married to a Nihongo wife for thirty years makes you good at ping pong ... yeah, I got destroyed. Brother and Sister C were crazy good, and then J-San, is also amazing, and beat everyone there! Then we went and had a good talk about the Bible for an hour'ish! Good night! It was crazy!!!

Saturday we had eikaiwa, and that was fun! They're Engn Their english is better than mine, I teach advanced. They wanted to know the difference between:
Do you have time?
Do you have time to meet?
Do you have a time to meet?
Do you have the time to to meet?
And, do you have the time?
It was rough!!!

Saturday night we met with OK-San! And with Brother S! It s awesome! Brother S used to smoke 60 cigarettes a day, and he quite in less than twelve hours! So he's a pretty good doeseki! Then OK_San said that he should probably read and pray and come to church! AND ... he did on Sunday!!!

Also on Saturday we met with P-San, and had ramen, and then taught the Word of Wisdom and the law of chastity in a pub ... it wasn't actually too sketchy more like a restaurant that has a really large alcohol selection ... but still, not the greatest move on our part.

Whilst waiting for P-San, we met with W-San on accident, well God's errand. He's an old investigator that was going to get baptized, but dropped off the face of the earth one day. So it was good, he wants to come to church, but then the next day, his medicine had a bad side effect, and he couldn't come. P-San and J-San had to spend time with theirs wives and kids, so they didn't come to church! Ridiculous! I know, I don't understand it either. But yeah, one person at church, but it was so cool! I found out that N Shimai, a girl that I found like, four months ago, is still reading the Book of Mormon, and really wants to come to church, but has to work, so she's looking for a new job so that she can come ... without even meeting with the sister missionaries!!! Soo cool right!?! I thought so too!!! Also it was Mayama Shimai birthday on Sunday ... so we got the ward to sign her a card and what not.

I was reading an article in the New Era today, good stuff BTW, and it said that if you have things above God in your life, such as TV or games or random lame stuff like that, than you should organize your priorities. I think that we could all use this advice in some aspect of our lives, for me, I really wanna see another baptism before I leave Abiko in a week ... so I need to reevaluate my life, and accept God's timing. I don't know what it is for everyone, but I feel as though we all have something. This week, think about it, and commit to being better by next week!!!

Love you all, Griffiths Choro!!!
11274 10097

No comments:

Post a Comment