Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, October 20, 2014

DD 11.35 ... Like a bear with chainsaws for arms!!!

How is your dollar watch holding up? 
I sent Sam pictures ... it's blue and yellow, and digital, and I'm not allowed to wear it while I dendo because it's a child's watch ...

Why did you use the boating picture dad sent you instead of the soccer one? Sorry, the soccer one was just so cute!
Because we all swam ... and I love Sam's face!! Took a lot of strength not to tag all of you.

Any typhoons hit recently? How is the weather there? Changing?
A lot actually. Now the rain isn't so warm ... kinda cold, but not bad. Refreshing when I'm riding my bike home at night!

Would you like us to send you some pictures to go with your plan of salvation lesson? Do you have some? 
We do!! There are only five lessons btw. Red is the gospel of Christ ... expect the lesson on baptism to be an in depth lesson. They should have already committed you to a date though!
Did you get the picture from Sister P that showed you in your Star-A class in primary?
I did ... it was adorable!!! I friended Collin on Facebook the other day. Randomly found him ... and he looks way different!
Back: Sister J, Sister P
Front: Elders Bawden, Paxman, Butterfield, Griffiths, Simms
Dad (who is losing his mind) is thinking of painting Clyde. What color would be good? Same as he is now? Black? May not happen but just in case! (I vote black or candy apple red,)
The exact same color he is now!!! Don't change my stallion!!! I'll just have to  paint him right back when I get home!! And I have friends who will help me!!

Any new investigators found this week? Brother K still going strong?
Meeting him everyday, and he's doing well. He loved general conference, he felt the power of the prophets and loved everything they said ...we gave him the gospel library app and he's reading everything he can find in it now.

Where is the building you meet in for church? Dad is going a hunting (by that I mean stalking) again. When will your building be done?
The beginning of December ... we go to church in Mabashi, right by a huge
gambling center ... the church is seven stories high, the biggest one in south Asia.

Where do you meet for you English class? In Abiko? or where your church is?
Abiko, there's just not enough room in our chapel for all the members to come on Sunday now.

In every area you seem to have a new favorite food, what is your favorite food in Abiko? Do you ever eat melonpon in Abiko?
All the time. Whenever we go into a convenience store ... I think I'm going to cut out sugar for November though, and then as a Christmas present to myself eat sugar again ... maybe

Did you know your blog broke ten thousand hits? it did!
Whooooooooooooo!!!

Dad ... I may have told him that you read his blog ... he was going to put Brother and Sister Griffiths, but I talked him out of it ... you are welcome ... he's disappointed you haven't sent the requested response yet though ... no lesson six, just one through five. Gospel library has them all in PMG if you wanna study them ahead of time ... all sorts of pamphlets too!! I'll show you what I use and maybe you can give it to them too! English and Japanese. I love the skeleton and the sending me package ideas!!

Mom ... Nate got married!?!?!? What?!?! That's cool. That cake sounds delicious ... I'll have to practice my  cooking skills when I get back. I really wanna learn how to cook awesome stuff when I get home BTW, not just desserts ... which are delicious, so maybe we'll start with those.

TeJay!!  ... remember when you would babysit me and by that I mean sit with a gallon of ice-cream and watch movies with me ... you're the best brother ever BTW, such a good example!! That's really sincere though, thanks for helping out the parents this week ... if dad dies, be content without putting the lights on the east side ...  Thanks for the letter and for all you do!! Love ya!

Crazy faced smashed potatoes ... it took all my strength not to tag you ... I honestly thought about it too, but you have to approve everything your tagged in before it goes on your time line ... so I decided against it ... I couldn't have all your friends seeing how much tanner you are than me ... that would be lame!! Good luck with the fast from sugar, I'm gonna do it next month to get in crazy good shape ... and then eat endless sugar for Christmas with the money that I'll have saved during November ... should be fun!!

Stormin Norman ... I feel good about the final draft that got sent ... oh gosh a family party sounds kinda rough! I can't believe you are moving out!! I loved living with the Parentals for years by myself, and now you're leaving after a few short months!! Apparently I'm just a tougher child than you ... just kidding, but really, when I'm up at Logan, come up and hang out with me all the time, I guess you can bring Sam if you want, but we'll go get tacos and everything! I'm way excited to go back to Logan btw, thanks for making my first year so great!
Sitting in a chair ... Nihongo Style
the benefits of becoming flexible ...
... does sitting like this make me look old?
Dear family, this week was interesting.
A man accidently assaulted me while I was riding my bike ... it wasn't too bad, but he got off a bus and as he swung his backpack up to his shoulder ... he smashed it into my hand ... ouch! ... not too mention that I was riding pretty fast and my hand got some good chunks taken out of it ... don't worry, life-guard me took over and found a cm store to fix it up real fast. Here's the lame part ... the closest store only had one option for band aids ... eight for five dollars ... way lame right?!? But I will admit, they are the craziest band aids ever! I used one for the rest of the day and when I woke up the next morning, the small crater that had been taken out of my hand has been magically healed to a slight scrape ... Magic Bandaids ... I found magic band aids ... they're pretty sweet!! I'll send a picture, cuz I'm pretty sure that mom is freaking out right now.

We met with our investigator like everyday this week, he is doing good. He already follows most of the commandments,  but he said that he wants to work up to following all of them ... he's going to go to UVU next year! For their pilot (flight training) program, and the girl that introduced him to us going to go to BYU too!! Its just cool that they're both moving to another country but are still going to be so close ... he doesn't want to get baptized yet because he's not ready to give his life to the church yet. We're going to get some members and show him what they seem like and what kind of life they live.

A different investigator, a young one, wants to know what the heck is up with Abraham and God commanding him to kill Isaac. Obviously we look at it and say it was a test of faith, but how do I explain that to someone who believes in a perfectly just God, how could he command someone to do something, without expecting them to follow through. If God wasn't going to let Abraham kill Isaac then was God lying, that is the  kind of thought process he has going on in his head ... he's part japanese, he's from China and he's hilarious ... but I need help with him ...

Spiritual throw down for the week.
This week I learned a whole lot about love. I'm trying to become a more loving leader, companion, and friend to those around me ... it is really hard and I didn't always know what to do, so I turn to the scriptures to study about Christ. It was very interesting. Whenever he met with sinners He showed them mercy, the kind that only the son of God could show and then instead of scolding them. He forgave them, told them to go, and to sin no more. He recognized that the sinner did something wrong, but also knew that they felt bad, He knew how to show the right amount of love and encourage them not to sin again; and now they try to be better out of love for Him instead of a fear of punishment. I decided that Christ must have been really, really good at reading people ... I mean the Son of God, obviously has the gift of discernment so that helps; but still, He must know each of us so perfectly that He can help us overcome everything that we need to. It really is amazing!

So my question to all of you is, who in your life needs more love? Whether it be a spouse, a friend, a neighbor, a brother or sister, who ever it may be, reach out, try to understand them more and then show them more love and in return feel more love from them!!

Love you all, Griffiths Choro

10050 8492

No comments:

Post a Comment