Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DD 13.56 ... Woke up too early today, soo tired ...


Are you more hungry this week than last? Have you been sick?
I feel fine. I think I'm getting better.

How is the weather there? fifty degrees here, and lots of smog.
Warm. Wind that cuts to the bone, but other than that, warm.

Would you like us to check on registration for USU for you??
Yes, please register for me!!

Do you need deodorant soon? toothpaste?
Maybe deodorant, but I can last till June.

Have you figured out how to use the gyro ball yet? Does it relieve any of your stress?
Yes, hand started it and everything yesterday morning ... I love it!

When you play church videos during discussions do you play it on your iPad or on their TV's?
Our iPads.

In the church news we read that Budge Kaichou is being replaced; do you know when he is being released? 
I don't know ... he's pretty hard core.

Do you ever have discussions at zone meetings or mission conferences on hygiene and how to prevent illness?  Or do they tell you what things not to eat in Japan? Abi's friend returned from her mission, she was a mission nurse, and did those things. Just curious.
Like every single presentation from Budge Shimai is all about how we need to be clean. But more so that our apartments don't get trashed ... I mean they're our revelation stations.

How was services in the new Abiko building yesterday? Did you really give free elevator rides at the open house?
It's awesome!!!! And yeah, so many people came to get free rides!!

What has been a treasured tender mercy that you have experienced in the last couple of months?
Getting letters from my beloved family all the time!

How is Bro. P from Jersey? Is that New Jersey in the good ole USA?
Yes!, what other Jersey is there?

Father,  honestly, don't worry about making me trunky, the more I think about home, the more I think how much more I want to do while I'm here and as much as I love you all, I really don't want to go home ...

Mom!! People really do sleep on the trains ... never seen a helmet like that one though! Sad day! As for K night funanza, sounds like it was a success ... mainly because ice cream and brownies were left over ... I'd call it a win! Let me know how the dinner goes!

Sam, sounds like your trip was fun, always good to hear that you went to church even though you didn't have any supervision. Thanks for always being a good example to me! You rock!! Let's ride the roller coaster when I get back too!!!

Strong!! Congrats on being a legit teacher!! That is so cool!! But all I can think  about now is pie ... peanut butter pie, could you ship me some? Or would it be too much for UPS? I think it might be.  It's cool about K and P! Silent movies seem pretty legit!

So this week!!! Last Tuesday! We visited Sister K.  and had dinner with the M-San, an adorable older couple in our ward. They're so hard core, former Mission President, Senior Missionary couple, and Temple President ... they were converted a few years after they got married!

Wednesday we had eikaiwa and taught our peeps about Christ!! It was sweet!

Ten hour days, weekly planning and teaching some other people.

Friday, played ping pong with K, got schooled, sad day, but I bet I can beat Sam for sure. He really likes church history, but not so much religion, we're working with him, but it's hard sometimes. He really just wants to learn cool facts ... but has trouble accepting the idea that God helped Joseph Smith and Brigham Young do all the cool stuff that they did!

Saturday! We had an open house and made mochi with the ward! Brother P-San came, and we taught him, he's reading the Book of Mormon, and thinks it's a good book! His kids are adorable. He also talked to the Elder's Quorum President for like an hour about videos games, both are in their thirties.

N-San came and L-San talked about video games as well, made some mochi, and talked about more than I can say actually; I didn't even get to touch the hammer to beat the rice while making mochi; but its alright, he's good.
Left to Right:  Yoshino Choro, Brother Hirata-San, Brother Naoto-San, Griffiths Choro,
Dicastri Choro, Brother Hiroto-San
Then T-San came from nowhere with a triple, and said, I want to learn more about the Mormons! So Brother C-San threw down about baptism and apparently he's a millionaire. So he's loaded and has four houses ... so happy I can help bring him closer to Christ, good eternal friend! And he's so prepared!! He wants to help his daughter join as well someday!! He loves the Book of Mormon too!!!

Then Saturday night we got a referral from Tsukuba, Stevens Choro and one of Yoshino Choro's old companions, and they gave us Brother A-San, who's so cool!! We talked about smoking with the other Choros and since he started his new job, he doesn't have time to smoke, so he's dropping quick! He wants to get baptized at the end of the month!!

Then Sunday came and he came to church as well! Abiko building is so cool! It's a little tight, but Brother A-San sang all the songs, and he loved them all, and Sunday School was sweet! He loves church!!

We also had Y and A come, but they'd were as excited. But Y is a long time peep that used to come to church all the time, but didn't come to the Matsudo building, so he just showed up randomly! It was so sweet!!!

Also this week was Luna Shiami last week here before she goes back to China, so we had a little going away party for her, which was sad, but she's going to dendo way hard in China, so it's all good!!

That's the week.
Oh wait, Monday, Heavenly Father  didn't want me or Dicastri Choro to teach kondo, so he made Dicastri Choro deathly ill, and destroyed my bike tires ... and so while Yoshino Choro and Brother S went to teach, I fixed my bike and the Shimai brought us lots of drugs to help fix my beloved companion ... and today we're all totally fine, so we think that it was God!! Good miracle!!!

Spiritual stuff before I go to sleep, I'm so tired! Nielson Choro, the first Choro I trained came to spend the night last night because his area was too far from the temple; it was so cool to see how much he's grown. He's like a legit powerful missionary! It's so cool!!! So what I realize, is no matter how small our progress may seem, in the end, we grow a lot; that's the most important thing right? So some way, keep track of the little growth, and over time you will see how big it gets!!

Love you all, Griffiths Choro
11239 10000

No comments:

Post a Comment