Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, January 12, 2015

DD 13.45 ... I've made so many cranes, this is twenty-five of the 200+ I've made ...

Hey look, I made the questions purple this week.
I've made so many cranes ...
Did the McDonalds gift cards work in Japan?
We've been to busy to go and do it yet,

Did you get a package?
Yes!! The shirt is crazy white! I'm going to try to wear it to the temple, and baptisms ... which hopefully we have lot of ...

What are three things you want to see in Japan?
The top of Mount Fuji, the dog statue in Tokyo, and a giant pile of melon pan...

How are your new investigators doing? Any commitments?
Good, everyone's reading the Book of Mormon and we're trying to get everyone to come to church! Next week it will be back in Abiko!!! Whoooo!!!

Do you think you will be in a threesome the rest of the transfer?
Most likely.

Have you heard from Elder Turley? Any news on his knee? 
He's doing good, were using him to help out with a lesson tonight through Skype, he had surgery, but no word yet.

Which has steeper hills, Abiko or Togane?
The hill in Togane was one massive mountain ... the hills in Abiko are just everywhere and crazy steep.

How are the english classes going? How many people come now?
Like twenty on Wednesday and fifteen-ish on Saturday.
How I learn Japanese
How is your health? Any illnesses? or injuries? or healthier than ever?
Fine, I'm tired, and haven't had much of an appetite recently ... and I know that you think I'm probably not eating anything, but I mean compared to what I was consuming before, I still have like two cups of rice a day with tons of stuff on top with bananas and oranges for breakfast and snacks, but I haven't been eating as much as like two weeks ago.

How are your running shoes holding up?
Just fine... I actually ran a 10k on Saturday!

Are your Japanese language skills improving with a native companion?
... yeah ... I am learning a lot of slang.

Dad ... I have an iron and know how to use it ... the white shirt is not too wrinkled. I think you should put up lights for when I come home ... we should light up the whole house! ... maybe even the whole neighborhood!! I like the new theme for Sacrament Meeting ... sounds way cool!!

Mother ... I would take Waylon up on a sleepover any day of the week. That sounds awesome! As for Saturday night? I'm just sorry that I can't be there, that sounds fantastic! The three of us came up with movie or dinner together ... maybe even gun polishing. That could be interesting, let me know how it goes.

Sam! When I get back, you have to help me find clothes that say I'm awesome. I'm up for your Teton marathon though. Do I get a Teton Dam runner shirt if I run it? That would be ideal. If not, we should definitely go help out, I mean all those runners, they need water of sorts right?

Storming the court ... church ball? Fun fun. I figured out sports with balls, btw. My advice is to just run around and that way everyone assumes that you're way good ... even if you're not ... which in my case, is a hundred percent true. Sounds fun though! We play every Saturday here, and it's crazy!

This week! On Wednesday! ... I don't remember Wednesday at all actually ... 
neither do my companions ... it was probably awesome!

Thursday, weekly planning and ...

Friday, we had ping pong night! I got destroyed in the first round by Mayama and Setsuko Shimai ... apparently Asians really are good at ping pong, it's not just a stereotype ... speaking of which, do we have a ping pong table?
Dicastri Chori and myself w/various animals
The scarf is Setsuko's, the Shimai investigator ...
Saturday, we went running with Brother J. in he morning, ten kilometers, and it was totally fine, good to know I can just bust one of those out when need be, we taught along the way, way great! Then we met with SK and Sister L. Sister L apparently is going back to China next week! We're all way sad!  Then we had dinner with K, who's moving back to Sendai this week, and TJ who is going to visit his wife in Nagano next week ... all my friends here are leaving, and it's way lame. But it was way good to hear Kh bear his testimony before he left! Kh is such a boss!! He's in the Japanese navy and rocks!

Also on Saturday we was walking around Kashiwa, and it just didn't feel right, so we tried to cross to the other side of the station, and we ran into Bro. K.! For the first time in like two months we finally met with him again. He's still reading the Book of Mormon, and praying, but it seems that meeting with us no longer a really high priority on his list. It's way sad, we were good friends, and now he doesn't even have time to meet with us for ramen anymore ... hurts my soul, that, and he was so close! And he wants it so bad, and as an outsider looking into his life, he needs it so bad! But he just won't open the door to let Christ in and it's so frustrating. And so sad at the same time. I just wish that there was something more we could do, but there isn't. That picture of Christ at the door is all too true, He's standing there knocking and just waiting for us to let Him in. But it's our choice, and it's up to us to let Him in. It's so sad when we don't let Him in, or even believe that He's there, because He really does help with all of our problems! It's so nice!!

 Also on Saturday we met with P, and his Chinese wife, he's from Jersey, and he's awesome! He's not really searching per say, but when he finds something new and interesting, he can't put it down, like the Book of Mormon; we found him last week, and he's way sweet! His family might come to church this coming week now that it's back in Abiko, they're coming to the Omochi party thing on Saturday as well, that should be crazy fun!! And he wants to come to church it seems!!
Dicastri Choro and myself;
Come to the open house on Saturday ... free elevator rides
Then on Sunday we had our last week in Matsudo church! I'm so excited!! And afterwards we went and visited Brother A, we met him a couple weeks ago, apparently he went to the Mormon church when he was younger, and knows about the Book of Mormon and believes Joseph Smith is a prophet and everything, but he wasn't baptized, because he was six when he went! He's coming to church and reading, and it's awesome!!! Huge miracle!! He's so cool!!!

Also this week we found Brother K who's a  old guy who loves himself some English and the Bible! We're meeting him again today to talk more about Christ and how our church is different, and he's way awesome! He wants to come to church, but it's a little far for an eighty year old man on a bike!! But we're going to get him a ride and it should be good!! He's so amazing!!! But yeah, I'm way excited.

This week I was reminded that the relationships formed through the gospel are the best ones ever! I've met so many people here that I absolutely love and it's hurts so bad when I see them hurt or mislead. It hurts to see them struggle and fail and to give up when they at so close to the best thing ever. It makes me feel so sad for them when they do things that will hurt them ... and it also brings so much joy into my life when one person who you care about so much finally decides to open that door, and let Christ into their lives.  Nothing is better than seeing someone progress toward Christ! I love it so much!!! It's the best!!!

I love you all, and am so grateful for everything you have done for me! I'll send some pics as well.

Elder Griffiths,
Ps, Dicastri Choro's wonderful sister just sent us instructions for an origami dragon and ninja star.
11144 9785

No comments:

Post a Comment