Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, October 6, 2014

DD 11.15 ... I love apple pies from McDonald's dipped in ice-cream!!! ...

When will you watch general conference?
On Saturday and Sunday...

How far away from the temple are you?
Like one hour exactly.

How early do you have to get up to make it to the temple?
Five.

Did you ever fix the tire on your bike?
Nope ... still going  strong. Forty five pumps every four days and it's fine.
My Rockin Bike
How are you feeling health wise? Do you ever get sick?
Perfectly fine!!

Do you still go to McDonalds?
Of course...

Where do you eat out at when you go?
Ramen shops, Indo curry, Sushi, McDonald's, Wendy's, Seven-Eleven mostly.

Who does most of the cooking at your apartment now?
Phillips Choro, he's allergic to vegetables, so he cooks and we partake.

Do you just eat w/ your companion or the other Elders in your apartment?
Yeah, usually with everyone...

How is your watch?? (5$ walmart for the win?)
Survived the typhoon today.
Have you ever eaten any Gioza? (I dont know how to spell that.... I'm guessing. sound it out) Mom and STorm had them as a sample at Costco.
It's amazing ... and you butchered that spelling ... Gyoza

Do you have fall leaves there? is it fall yet?
Nope, green green green.

Have you had any more issues w/ your knee?
Still hurts a little to kneel on hard wood floors, but that might just be cuz there are lots of hard wood floors.

Do you still dendo at the train station mostly still? or other places?
Housing, the stations, walking about ... In the trains ... we're everywhere!!

Father I didn't get any of the pictures that you sent me ... and I'm sad because of it ... I too am glad that mom quoted Star Wars though, that makes my whole day! I'm so glad that the two of you are so perfect for each other ... I love the transition in your letter from me spending spiritual insights to talking about the loss of your grass.

Mom ... sorry that you have a head cold. I love the story of you and the young women's presidency decorating the door late at night ... made my whole day. It's good to hear that your grandchildren are so intelligent, that's always a comfort ... I too am glad that they're smart ... then I'll be good friends with them and when I'm old they can help my children entertain me when I'm old.

Sam ... I'm a man of many talents ... and I'm awesome ... So yeah! I love the marathon idea!! I'll do one at the same time as you when I get back!! Maybe not with you ... but the same one for sure!! We'll both wake up crazy early and ride out ... and then run for hours!! Whoo!! Glad to hear that salsa dancing doesn't run in the family. I feel really good about long boarding.  It's so awesome!


Storm ... you've gone out of control, I love the craftiness, but still, get it all out of your system before I get home ... actually don't, I really wanna climb up a ladder placed precariously on child sized desks ... so keep up the good work!! Sounds like an adventure!! Whoo!! Good luck with conferences! I'll pray for you!!

So yeah, this week was crazy, we saw so many miracles ... which brings me back to your question, what is my favorite scripture right now ... well I don't have one really, so I did whats called the faith flip, one of the zone leaders, Chun Choro, (the one with the glasses) showed me. You ask God a question and then flip the Book of Mormon. My question right now was what I should write y'all about ...

Alma 50:22-23

Recently we announced our Christmas goal as a mission, we want to have 100 baptisms by Christmas. Hard, but if we're faithful and living the commandments we'll get it, just like God delivered them he will deliver us. But just like the Lamanites there are lots of people and lots of missionaries that aren't obedient and all they feel right now is pressure to make the goal, pressure to not let everyone else down. They're really stressed ... where as people who are doing things right, are really happy and looking for the miracles to make it happen ... which brings us to my week.

We found people on  Monday. Brother K, was an investigator six years ago and his friend that just got back from her mission brought him to ping pong to introduce him to us. He believes this church is true but before he gets baptized he wants to learn more and know if it's God's perfect truth, he believes that God has one truth, like a dice, but people only look at one side and say that one or six are true. Hence other churches.

Then we met Brother S who knows literally nothing about Christ but wants to learn more about him and why he was so great. He's been wondering about it for sometime now ...

Then we met Brother K, from China, where when we asked him if he believed in Christ, he just reaches into his shirt, (we'd been playing basketball for like three hours at this point too, but he has it all the time) and pulls out a cross, and then smiles ... he really wants to come to church, but he has to study Japanese with his uncle on Sunday. We're going to see if they can come to church as listening practice and meet all our Chinese peeps ...

Also, miracles of Christmas time ... I found out how to play basketball ... turns out all you have to do is pretend to know what you're doing and you're really good ...

But anyways. This week was crazy, I'm so tired and I'm so ready to go to bed at night, but it's so much fun!!!

Ps, they switched up the district leader responsibilities and now everyone calls me instead of me calling them. Way nice, but somehow I still feel like I have less time at night now ... but whateves... Wot it!!! Whoo!
Our New Zone
Well, I gotta jet, Winegar Choro and Chun Choro are the two in the picture, Turley Choro is way tan, and the Shimai I think dad got right ... Chun Choro looks Asian. Winegar Choro is from Idaho ...
All the posts before transfer day
Love you all, I'll send some videos and some pics too!!
Griffiths Choro
9883 8364

No comments:

Post a Comment