Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, October 27, 2014

DD 11.46 ... Halloween Party ... Family Home Evening ... Urgency ...

How is your hand doing? did the magic bandaids heal it completely? Never got a picture of your hand btw!
It's fine, now it's just a scratch.

What are on each of the seven floors of your church building? Seems awfully big!
First floor is the entry way, the second and the third floor are one, it's the chapel, four and five are classrooms, and six and seven are a gym!

Who created your plan of salvation pictures? or where did they come from? they were awesome!!
Various missionaries!

Why was temple P-Day so early?
Not sure.

Does your knee hurt at all? Are you running?
Not running, and it just feels like I need to pop it sometimes ... not to bad.

Are your clothes holding out? Anything you need?
They should be good, could use some shirts if you're sending a something something in the mail. 

Is it annoying not to have a watch when you dendo? How do you know what time it is?
I have a cell phone!

How cold was it been in Abiko?
Not very cold ... I'm hot in a long sleeve shirt right know, so there's that.

Do you ever dendo outside the gambling place by the church?
It's not in our area, so no, but in Inage my first area, we dendod right outside it all the time.

How is your district doing this week?
Pretty good. We're going to have a training on urgency in district meeting this week.

Any new investigators?
One named Brother Y, he got sick and couldn't come to church this week, but we're meeting him tonight, and he just apologized for forgetting to wear a suit ... he's amazing ... it'll be my second time meeting him, but Sabat Choro said that he was way prepared, he's already progressing!!

It is nearing day light savings time here, do they have day light savings in Japan?
We don't!!

Dad! Happy birthday!! I hope that you have a great day ... whatever's left of it!! I'm glad the the girls and the family were so good to you in your birthday! It sounds like Sam is trying to cut out sugar, so maybe you can ask mom to make carrot cake all the time instead of normal cake ... worth a shot ... I think Sam would even be on board.!! Don't worry about the package! I honesty don't have a whole lot of time to eat of candy these days anyways! Love you so much though!!

Mother thank you so much for the reminder about all the prayers of all the people who want us to succeed!!  It really is amazing that the only people who are more prayed for then the missionaries right now is the prophet and apostles!! I love it!  I'm so glad that doing sealings at temple was so good!!

TeJay! The boys costumes sound adorable!! Scarecrows!! I want pictures! Ones that would be okay to show to people and say they are my nephews, aren't they adorable!?!? And then talk about eternal families with them ... if you don't have time, I understand, but if you do, I'd love it!!

Sam!! I'm quitting sugar during November, and I think that if no one picks up on my intake, the the universe might explode ... I think that you need to take my month of November off of your fast, I'll pick right up again in December, but for the next month ... for the sake of the rest of human life ... please eat some sweets for me!! I'll feel so bad if all the calories and pure joy that I would normally eat doesn't get eaten!!!  They would be so sad, not fulfilling their life's purpose like that, just sitting on the shelf!! Eat them! Sam! Eat them All!!!

Shmabbi I fully support buying a bear ... actually I fully support going hunting with Jaden and getting my self a nine foot grizzly bear, stuffing it, and having it in my living room as a table or a couch ... that would be so cool!!! I'm for it, I love bears!! Don't worry about being a helicopter sister ... I plan on being a helicopter brother when I get home ... I'll need lots of attention from you and Sam all the time, and I'll probably bug you guys constantly!!!

So this week I have an request!! I just sent it to Sam and dad!! Thanks for helping me out with this!!
Box maze for church Halloween Party!!
This week we met with Brother K a lot, he came to the Halloween party and then to church, he said that it was all really good. Then on Monday night we went to a members house for FHE with him. Brother I, he's Tongan and plays professional rugby ... he's pretty big, and we ate a decent amount of food there ... it was so good, and then Brother I threw down spiritually, in only the way that Tongans can do ... It was amazing!!!
Brother K, Sabat Choro, Griffiths Choro, Turley Choro, Phillips Choro, Brother I
This week was really good. I loved it a lot, we got a lot of stuff done, and I'm way excited for everything else to keep coming!!

So this week I'm learning about urgency. I only have sevenish months left as a missionary, and we only have eight weeks until Christmas ... so we need one hundred more baptisms by then too!! Some people look at life and think that they have a lot of time left, they can put off decisions until later, or put off doing things until later ... like getting baptized. What I realized this week is that we definitely can do that, but there's a drawback. It's like getting a membership at Costco. You have to pay a price for it right? Life's not easy, it's complex.  You save so much money from shopping at Costco, but you have to enter into this agreement. Same with membership, we do things now so we can have blessings into eternity. We want the cheaper prices, we want to enjoy the huge muffins and gallons of mango nectar, we want to save money, but there is this membership fee.  We can put off baptism, but if we do, we miss out on so many blessings, that we don't even know!  Since I only have like seven months left, I'm resolving now to work like I only have seven days left! It's such a short time, that I don't have anyto waste time, no time for unfocused actions, no time for things that I can put off till I get home. I only have so much time to do what I have been sent here to do, and I'm way excited to do it!!

Thanks for all the love and support that you have all giving me all the time!!

Love ya!
Griffiths Choro!

No comments:

Post a Comment