Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

DD 9.56 T-Day ... I Love the Tokyo Temple!! It reminds me kinda of the Jordan River ... but a little cooler.

Do they always do baptisms on Sundays?
Yes ... pretty much, sometimes they are on Saturdays, but mostly on Sunday; before or after church.

How did baptizing Brother F go? Loved the facebook pics!
Way good, before church at eight thirty, and then he was confirmed!!
Back: Reeder Shimai, Peterson Shimai, Griffiths Choro, Brother F, Yoshino Choro,
Rezentes Choro, Kuroiwa Choro  Front:  Mondano Shimai, Jensen Shimai
Do you ever use the bag you took with you, or just the blue one you bought?
I use my original bag to buy groceries with ... and my blue bag broke!! Huge hole right in the bottom of it, bought a new one though.
Do they ever play church sports in Japan?
Ping pong, soccer, basketball, softball.

On P-Day do you have enough time to get all your stuff done?
Yes ... well not enough time to nap, but yeah.

How did writing the letter to grandma go?
It's was good!! Way fun writing to grandma, everyone will now need to help her with her homework! ... I gave her a homework assignment.

We have been discussing this one after visiting Sam's apt: have you washed your sheets recently, or ever??
Last week actually!! I do it every transfer (once every 6 weeks), which is more than I did at college!

Do you still Dendo like a bear?
Of course ...

Is it still monsoon season? How much water do you get at once?
Mah, it just rains for a week straight, but the drains are way good, so it doesn't build up, we almost had the river flood once though, it was crazy!!

Do you miss drinking milk from the carton? Or do you drink milk?
I miss gallons of milk ... but the milk here is weird ... it's not as creamy or milky ... it's good, but not great.

Have you seen any efforts in Japan to follow the prophets and grow a garden? How and where do they do it and what do they grow?
Yes, our investigator, Brother Ak has one, in his yard ... well, around his house area. He's grows tomatoes and cucumbers, and peppers and stuff ... he uses the English name for the plants, which is unexpected, I almost missed it because of his Nihonjin accent ... it's so adorable, almost funny!

What do you want to remember most about your 30+ weeks in Chiba?? Favorite memory of your first area?
Everything I learned while I was training ... that's was way fun, and how to be loving like Asato Choro and Dunbar Choro ... and pretty much chillin' with my trainer, that was pretty sweet ...

Is it temple P-Day today? If so how was the temple? Did you see anyone from a previous area? Any sightseeing? or going out to lunch??
Temple day, yes, saw everyone, we were going to go to the zoo in Ueno, but it's raining, we went to a Hawaiian BBQ for lunch, and it was sooooo good!!

Which of your companions have already gone home?
Asato Choro

What is the most memorable advice from President Budge that you would pass along to a missionary who is just going out? favorite phrase or saying?
This one time he told me that ... not a direct quote, but he told me to imagine the missionary that I would need to be to be great, and then pretty much told me to suck it up and be that missionary ... it helped a lot actually, because I had set the expectation, and so I knew that I could accomplish it if I really wanted to ...

Bonus question: Have you remembered what you did for the talent show??
Yoshino Choro and I made planks, and Kuroiwa Choro walked on our backs to get to the other side of the room ... not at all sketchy though ...

Father ... it took me longer that I would like to admit to understand that picture ... but the other ones were adorable!! I love Waylon's new shoes!! They're so legit!! I'm so glad that someone is still there to help him play with his Legos ... I'd be sad if there wasn't. Sounds like the family reunion was legit, sad I couldn't make it, but I do have a pretty good excuse, 5000 miles away ... Can't believe mom is in the YW presidency, that's crazy!! Thanks for your spiel at the end of your letter ... I always make sure to read it BTW, your last paragraph is always the most spiritual mail I ever get! But I've been thinking about it a lot lately and it's reinforced what I just learned!

Mother ... Young Women's ... It's a good thing that you got out of playing volleyball at work so you can save all your skill for the Beehives ... I'm sure you'll destroy them ... maybe you can get them all into tennis ... that would be fun!! I'm sad to hear that so much root beer went on the floor ... hurts my soul, but I guess I'll just have to drink some when I get back ... good thing that it'll be July!!  Whooooo!! Good luck with everything!!

TeJay and Crystal ... Haven't heard anything in a while ... how's Porter? Can I still tend him when I get back? I just convinced mom to make a lot of homemade root beer so we could drink it together.

Jandee! and Jaden!! Congrats on the medal!! And congrats on having a bingo champion!! Sounds way fun!!! Hope that all is well!!!

Smashed drum sticks...
Sam, how do you feel about the above as a band name? Pretty cool right? I feel good about Waylon's shoes ... also feelin good about you wearing kids shoes ... for sure cheaper though, love it!!! I'm doing good, I'm tired, but thanks for asking! Good luck rafting the river! I wanna know how it goes!! Don't die!! Congrats on first place BTW!

Storm trooper ... I almost wrote pooper but didn't. Good to hear that you have so much charity ... thanks for not destroying Sam ... I really want to when I get home, so just build her up slowly, and we'll take her down together in ten months!!! Mwahahahanahahahahahahajahaha ... plotting ... sorry that teaching is so stressful ... sounds like a lot of work, I'll appreciate my teachers more when I get home for sure!!!
So this week we went to the temple. And the we chilled in Tokyo for a bit ... and I realized that I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I was walking through Shibuya and honestly thought that it would be a nice place to live if I ever got the chance, it's really cool, and frankly I honestly just felt like I was home as I walked the streets today. It made me realize that I'm 20 ... a silly little 20 year old. I really shouldn't be thinking ... well I should, but not too much about the future. It holds so much, but I see so little of it all. I'm excited to go and see where it takes me, but that's the fun part, going and seeing! I honestly have a problem with over thinking things, and I'm resolving now to stop. I'm going to be more in the moment and be where I'm at when I'm there. I mean when the time comes, I'll think about where I should go, what I should do, and decide my life, but for now, I'm content with just teaching about God and Christ..

PS. this week I met two people who were Christian ... and I had no idea how to teach them ... any advice would be great. They already believed in God and Christ and had been baptized, and they go to church and I was just like ... Have you read the Book of Mormon? And it was way hard ... also this week I created an image of God for like fifty people. Yeah I counted, we usually ask if people have an image of God or Christ and like 90 percent of the time ... they're like, nope, never thought about it before ... and I'm always just mind blown, how have you never thought of God before ... it's crazy. I just don't understand how the thought never creeps into your mind? It's kind of a big deal right? But, anyways, please, this week think about God sometime ... maybe even tell a friend!

Love you all and thanks so much!
Griffiths Choro

Oh yeah Brother F's baptism was awesome, first try!! Perfect Japanese and baptism, he was so happy, we hugged ... in the font ... and then he made me get out first so he could dunk my head under the water ... it caught me so off guard ... made me laugh! I guess I'll just have to baptize someone else so that I can have that feeling again!

8934 7863

No comments:

Post a Comment