Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, May 12, 2014

DD 7.45 ... helping people more effectively, which is through baptism ...

(Our Mother's Day phone call started right at 7:00 PM and lasted 40 minutes ... shortly after the call, we received two Mother's Day related messages ... "Dearest Mother Dear" & "Poem Time")
Screen Shot from Skype Call on Mother's Day...particularly lovin Abi's face.. 
Will you send us a picture from your balcony today? or sometime?
Yes!
Looking Southwest
Looking Southeast
What did President Budge teach you that you didn't know before …
We talked about how baptism is the gate that leads to eternal life. In order to get there, we have to go through it. We focused a lot on helping people, but in meaningful ways. Recently we have had a big push on focusing on people, but it hasn't really helped as much as it should have. What ended up happening was people started making friends ... and trying to turn them into member referrals ... but we transfer every six weeks, so it was rough. We focused on helping people more effectively, which is through baptism ... And on how we should be doing that.

… IOW, what is it that mom forgot to teach you?
Something that mom forgot to teach me ... tough question ... Probably how to cut vegetables ... I nicked my finger twice ... ish ... not badly, but I needed a band aid.

As you are riding, what do you hear, see, or smell?
We walk everywhere ... we hear the cars and the trains, see the people and the cities, mostly smell the river that we live by. You can feel the breeze come off of the plains and smack you in the face like a ton of bricks ... You knew that that sentence was going to be poetic going in didn't you? It's wonderful here that people are nice, the view is gorgeous, and the ward gives us lots of food, so it's all good!

Do you still have enough time to read and write eMails?
Yeah, just enough.
Love ya!!

Ooh, depressing story. So we are meeting with this guy named Brother M. Former investigator. His wife died eleven years ago. He told us that his dream is to live a healthy life where no one has to take care of him, and then when his health starts to decline he wants to commit doctor assisted suicide ... ... yeah, depressing I told you it would be. We're working with him still. We are trying to raise his vision of what we can accomplish in this life and the next ...

Love ya
Elder Griffiths
Best Drink Ever
... because it has a crazy bunny in a race car ...
Poem Time
For you see my mom
Is literally the bomb.
She is just so great!
Words simply cannot articulate
The awesomeness that in her dwells
Well ... words cannot tell.

From early morn to late at night
Her love is like the noonday light,
Everywhere I ever goes,
I simply always knows,
That my amazing mother dear
Is waiting, and I should not fear.

A text at night, to say go to bed
Or at first light, to say get up sleepy head!
Sometimes her words are a little eighties,
But that's okay ... Nothing rhymes with eighties...

I love my mother yes I do, I love my mother how bout you?
Maybe on this special day we'll all say a special hey,

To all the women that helped us grow
To overcome life's dreary woe.
Thank you mother for all your love
Thank you from him, whose up above.

Sorry that my poetry is not that great ... hope that it is not to terrible ... I was never the poet ... we all know it ... that was dad ... and it was just a fad ... well that was just sad ... but I can't stop ... ... perhaps I'll pop ... ... okay I'm done ... maybe one last ... ... one ;-)

I Love You Mom!!
7386 7068

No comments:

Post a Comment