Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

DD 7.56 I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss

We read somewhere on a Sister Missionary's blog that this is a 7 week transfer. Is it? If it is, why not a six week transfer?
Yeah, the churches fiscal year for some reason adds to this transfer or something. We're also having a special conference this weekend.... a member of the 12 might come--can't say for sure though.

How is the weather? Monsoon season yet?
It's hot and humid (delightful), but still not too rainy.

What are some areas you think missionaries should better prepare themselves in? ie: learning to work, money management, cooking skills etc.
I wrote this whole thing but my email got deleted. I think learning to throw your trials out of the way and love the work is important. You only get two years, and it flies by ... ask any missionary whose been out a year, it's crazy! Love the work and only it. It's the best way to do it, be excited about it!
Best Ice Coco ever!!!
Dad again, can we get a picture of a meal with diacon in it?
If we cook with it ever again.
Have you found a favorite place to get curry in your area yet?
Meh, it's all right here.
Everything holding up ok? Like clothes, shoes, socks, shirts, pants, suits, belt, bike? Luggage?
Everything is good! My shoes are a little worn, but still beautiful ... just polished them yesterday.

How is your investigator, M. coming along?
Isn't coming a ton at the moment ... not even to the church of ping pong ... I suspect it's cuz he's sacred of losing to me though ... I'm a master.

Did you ever dry clean any more of your suits?
I will ... soon(ish).

Did anyone new come to church? How is the work going?
Meh, it's a bit slow right now, our people are sick or busy lately.

Do you wash your sheets often? Are they holding up ok?
I wash them never sometimes ... ... it's all good.

Parentals!!! Sounds like, your week was crazy!! I'm a glad to hear that everything in life is working out so nicely at the moment! I'm even more glad to hear that y'all are seeing the Lords hand in it all ... I am so proud of you guys.

Smasher pants ... Sounds like a religious week! Look at you, being involved and crap. I say go for the rock climbing shoes ... I wanna get some when I get back (unless of course you just buy me some while I'm gone ... just a thought) Then we can go climbing together!! If you have a harness it's nice, but I mostly just like Bouldering so I'm a little biased. The Real game sounds intense ... so jealous!!! Love soccer!!!

PS. You're going to get a message or something from a Sister in Arizona ... Her family is hilarious!! They saw us on the street by the Eki and had to get a picture of the elders ... they are going to send it to you on FaceBook ... or they might just tag me ... check my account! They're good people.

Stormmmfkwofjeofjwkkfjrfoek Remember when you said that you would eat your own poo? Has me asking that question made it on the blog yet? Sure hope so, that would be funny. (Note from Sam: 10th week in a row, we're finally givin in) I'm sorry that you have some rough kids in your class right now, that's no fun ... But word on the street is that your hanging out with some pretty chill peeps ... it would be helpful for Sam and I if they didn't all have the same names though ... it's hard to keep track. Try and branch out ok? Hehehe remember when I took math with one of the Chases? That was pretty cool.

So this week, I learned a lot about humility. I've decided that it's not just a lack of pride, it's wholly and completely turning our will over to God. When we can do that, and in turn do what God wants us to do with a smile on our face even when we don't know what will happen ... especially when we don't think that it's worth it ... that is when we are really humble. I think this is when we are able to become the people that God intends for us to become. This week I also learned that it sounds easy, but it actually really, really stinks. There are so many things that we need to be doing, and so many more that that we probably should be doing, and even more things that it would be cool if we were doing, but we just have a hard time doing all of them. I know that I do, but I also know that when we try to do those things, even especially when it seems impossible ... that's when we grow the most. That's when we become closer to God and that's when we become the people that he wants us to be. This week, I would like to invite all who read this, to join with me in trying to give our will to God. To give him the reigns and do the things that he knows are best for us. Warning: it might seem awful at first. Truly the hardest thing I've done in my whole life, but doesn't that mean that it just might be the most worth it too?

Well, I've gotta run, but I just wanted to say that you're all amazing, and I love and miss you all so much!!

Love, Elder Griffiths
7568 7130

No comments:

Post a Comment