Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, January 6, 2014

DD 4.45 ... on the first we read the Book of Mormon all day ...


So, tell us about running into the truck with your bike. Were you hurt? How did you run into it? How is your bike? What kind of truck?
I was fine, and it was a moving truck... not like in motion, but a large truck full of packages and such.

Question from TeJay ... Did you learn about the Tim Tam Slam over the Christmas holidays? What do you think?
It was amazing... but I learned about it my first transfer....we taught my trainee about it though.

Take time and tell us about your most memorable event within your District this past week?
The Shimai in my district found like 4 people in one day after weeks of nothing but doors slammed in their faces ... pretty awesome!

How many brand new missionaries in your district are in their first transfer?
There are two new missionaries: Legge Shimai and Nielson Choro

How is your companion doing with his language development, what has been his biggest wahoo moment since he arrived in Japan?
He’s doing pretty good, talking to the ward members is pretty big for him.

You have received 5000 Yen in Christmas money from members of the ward ... we have deposited it into your account ... what do you need, can you use an extra 5000 Yen, what do you plan to buy with the extra cash?
I don’t know yet. That’s so nice of them!! Thank them for that ... I think that I’m going to buy a rain coat with it ... maybe. I can’t decide for sure because I miss being wet from swimming and the rain is nice.

Did you get letters from the Priests, and did any of them include any questions? Do you need to provide a response here so we can pass it on to them?
Brother S asked me what I wish I would have done before I left. I think that a weekly split with the missionaries would have been really helpful. If the Bishop could set it up and have 2 priests go out every week I think that would be great—I am sure the Elders would really appreciate it too.

How are your language skills, are you able to testify in Sacrament Meeting about a tender mercy in your life?
I have borne my testimony in sacrament meeting once ... I’ve been in the same ward and there are always a lot of people that want to go up so there is not much time. I can teach, just not super well, but I can talk to people ... well kinda. =) It turns out Japanese is hard. Who knew?

For the last time, did you get the last Christmas package? if not, we will give up. :)
Not yet, but I have FAITH BEYOND MEASURE THAT MY CANDY WILL COME!!!!!! The Mission got a lot of packages, so it may have been sent to the wrong missionary. Hopefully they will send it back and I’ll get it soon!! (Family note: We do not have this same faith. He might still get it, but we are wildly doubtful)

Are you sleeping any better?
meh

How is never being alone? ;) Love it as much as you thought you would?
It’s pretty nice actually ... I do look forward to the time when I will drive up to Logan by myself though; when I return.

This week was pretty good. The home ward sent me a Christmas card ... well Brother F did. It was awesome! Tell him Thanks!

We also found a Chinese family this week. We knocked and said that we were the Mormons; the woman just said "Hai, Dozo" and opened the door or us to come in. Turns out it was really awkward … we were not really able to talk about the gospel at all, but we referred her to the sisters and she is coming to eikaiwa so we’re calling it a win. (Note: her husband was there, don’t worry I’m keeping all the rules of the land.)

In District meeting I gave some training ... it was OK, but I really hate having to prepare stuff. Now I also have to do something in Zone meeting; so yeah, a lot of public speaking!!!

On the 31st (New Year's Eve) we just cleaned all day and then on the first we read the Book of Mormon all day, it was really great!! I loved it!

The ward here in Chiba is really great; we went to dinner like every day during shogatsu. We ate so much food, and the ward gave us so much stuff!!! It was really great!!!!!

Mom and Dad: the mixer broke? What are you going to do? I think getting a red one would be a good choice, but I don’t know ... I’ll have to try it out when I get home and see how it is!

Sam: That Elder Holland quote is awesome!!!! And you met an Olympian ... that’s pretty cool. Also, I heard that you like to run ... Temple Run that is ... what happened to the old "Trenton stop that dumb game" Sam that I love so much? hmmmmm?

Abi: I’m glad that Clyde is going well for you ... I miss him so much sometimes ... but then I remember that you are driving him and his biggest problem is not going 76 mph for the next two years ... :p he’s fine. He really is a stallion ... just be careful in the snow.

Love you all and thank you so much for all that you have done for me. This week I didn't really do very much so not much to write about, sorry! One more thought though:

Alma 26:22 is all about knowing stuff, and then Mormon 9:18-22 is really good if you ever doubt God ... well it’s not good, it just calls you out on your faith like none other. Anyway, I’m off to do the work of the living and loving God and do miracles in his name! Wish me luck!!!!
Love ya, Bye!!
4717 4360

No comments:

Post a Comment